The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Ask me anything about bodybuilding,nutrition

Niklas98

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Feb 10, 2017
Germany
At the moment I am only absorbing as much information as I can from this awesome platform. I think now it's time to add some value by myself :)!

I am also a wantrepreneuer (since years...) searching for the opportunity to engage the Fastlane and escape my poor life. So if you have any clue how the world and I could benefit from my knowledge please let me know.

But what so ever :D let me tell you something about my qualifications.
- amateur bodybuilder from germany
- second place at the age of 16 at a local bodybuilding contest
- I know pretty much everything you need to know about nutrition and training

So please ask me anything about the topic :) by the way you can also add me on skype or whatsapp if you want a 1 on 1 coaching lesson. Just let me know :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Niklas98

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Feb 10, 2017
Germany
It is a big topic :D your question isn't that specific, but I will try to give you a good overview.

Key to losing or gaining weight is to eat more/less calories than you burn. You can measure your caloric need with simple equations like:
W = weight in kilograms (weight (lbs)/2.2) =weight in kg
H = height in centimeters (inches x 2.54) =height in cm
A = age in years

Men: BMR=66.47+ (13.75 x W) + (5.0 x H) - (6.75 x A)
Women: BMR=665.09 + (9.56 x W) + (1.84 x H) - (4.67 x A)

With that equation you can measure your base metabolism rate. That is the ammount of calories you burn no matter what you do!

In order to build muscle and health you should keep an eye on the right proteins fats and carbs and like I mentioned before eating more calories than you burn!

You should eat 2g-3g of proteins per kg bodyweight
70kg bodyweight = 140-210g of proteins. Also keep an eye on the right proteins. Proteins of plants are different to proteins from animals.

You also should eat at least 0,6g of fat per kg bodyweight.
(70kg • 0,6= 42g of fat)

The rest of the calories should be filled with carbs.

Here is a list of healthy foods:
Eggs (really greate fat/protein source!)
Meat (high quality proteins)
Oats (nice fats and carbs)
Whole grain bread
Nuts (almonds, peanuts...)
Protein powder
Some fruits (not too much)
Chia seeds
Milk
Greek yogurt (low in fat high in protein diary products)
Rice

So it comes down to eating the right amount of calories and the right amount of the macro nutrient. Proteins are key!
I hope i could help you a bit I am in a hurry because of my finals tommorow and next week therefor I do not really have the time to write a high quality post. I can write one if there is a demand tho.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

MidwestLandlord

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
759%
Dec 6, 2016
Sure, I have a question:

I hit the gym (5x5's) 4-7 times a week. I eat roughly 2500-3000 calories per day. Working on putting on mass. (for reference: 35 years old, 5'8 [172 cm], maintenance calories are about 2000)

However,

I travel for my company every other week. No access to weights during this time. So I have 10+ days per month where I cannot hit the gym.

I cut calories when I travel to about 2000 per day, I do 100 push ups, 300-500 chair dips, and usually run about 3 miles per day when I travel as well.

Travelling is really hurting my ability to gain. How to best counter the effects of not having access to a gym during those weeks? Should I skip the body weight stuff (push ups and chair dips) and the cardio?

Niklas98

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Feb 10, 2017
Germany
Sure, I have a question:

I hit the gym (5x5's) 4-7 times a week. I eat roughly 2500-3000 calories per day. Working on putting on mass. (for reference: 35 years old, 5'8 [172 cm], maintenance calories are about 2000)

However,

I travel for my company every other week. No access to weights during this time. So I have 10+ days per month where I cannot hit the gym.

I cut calories when I travel to about 2000 per day, I do 100 push ups, 300-500 chair dips, and usually run about 3 miles per day when I travel as well.

Travelling is really hurting my ability to gain. How to best counter the effects of not having access to a gym during those weeks? Should I skip the body weight stuff (push ups and chair dips) and the cardio?

I would either skip it and eat more or keep doing it and eat even more calories. The thing is that your muscles are growing the best when you reach hypertrophy while working out. That means one set should take between 35-45 seconds that is the best amount to activate the both of the fibre structures in the muscle (endurance / quick strenght fibres). That is why bodybuilders are bigger and weaker than powerlifters. For example at the benchpress one set contains 8-12 reps over 40 seconds, the last rep should be really hard to make therefor use the right weight for you.

When your doing 100 push ups and so on you will only activate specific fibres in your muscle which is not as good as lifting heavyer in the gym. But your body will burn calories. Therefor whenever you train eat more carbs.

Whatever you do to eat eat eat!! You are in stress and your body synthesis cortisol and other catabolic hormones! You want to fight them with anabolic hormons such as insulin.
Insulin will prevent you from losing weight. Therefor eat carbs. But also eat proteins. You dont want that your body destroys muscle fibres to get those aminoacids which are needed for enzyms and hormones etc.
that means dont cut your calories in that time. :)

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
What's your thoughts on 5x5 vs 3x5?

Recently I switched my "stronglifts" workout (deadlifts, overhead press, bench press, squat, bent over rows) from 5 reps to 3 because it takes much less time and I enjoy it more but I haven't really spent the time looking into the pros/cons to this. I basically just made the switch because I found I can be more consistent with it and I feel more energized at the end of it.

For what it's worth my numbers right now are pretty "beginner" despite being on/off this program for well over a year now:

- DL: 172 lbs
- OHP: 75 lbs
- BP: 110 lbs
- Squat: 165 lbs
- Row: 105 lbs

Male, 33, 5'7, 160lbs.

lewj24

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 12, 2016
St. Louis, MO
Whats your basic daily process look like?
ex. how long do you workout per day?
what workouts do you do?
how do you keep track of what you eat?
what do you eat? etc.

Niklas98

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Feb 10, 2017
Germany

Recently I switched my "stronglifts" workout (deadlifts, overhead press, bench press, squat, bent over rows) from 5 reps to 3 because it takes much less time and I enjoy it more but I haven't really spent the time looking into the pros/cons to this. I basically just made the switch because I found I can be more consistent with it and I feel more energized at the end of it.

For what it's worth my numbers right now are pretty "beginner" despite being on/off this program for well over a year now:

Male, 33, 5'7, 160lbs.

It comes down to what you want to achieve :) Do you want to build up muscles as fast as possible or strenght? In general 5x5 / 3x5 can be a nice thing :) switching things around in your routine will activate new muscle fibres. Whenever I do not see any improvements I like to lift heavyer for 1 or 2 weeks just to let my body face new challenges. Because your body gets used to your routine after a while.

In general for building mass stay in hypertrophy while training. To build up strenght do less reps with a heavy weight. I would only use heavy weights and low reps on compound movements which involves many muscle groups in a natural way like benchpress. :)

MidwestLandlord

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
759%
Dec 6, 2016
What's best for hypertrophy?

High reps (10+)
Mid-range reps (5-10)
Low reps (1-5)

And how quickly should those reps be done?

I'm looking to put on 10lbs or so, I care about size not strength.

Niklas98

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Feb 10, 2017
Germany
Whats your basic daily process look like?
ex. how long do you workout per day?
what workouts do you do?
how do you keep track of what you eat?
what do you eat? etc.

Currently I train the whole upper body (abs not included) on one day.
On the other day I train legs and abs.

Mo: upper body
Tu: legs abs
Wed: rest/cardio
Thu: upper body
Fri : legs abs
Sa: rest
Sun: rest/cardio

Keep in mind your muscles are growing when you rest and eat not while training them ;)!

Daily process: after waking up instantly drink protein shake with some healthy fats (blend some almonds/chia seeds with protein powder/milk/water)

Afterwards I try to eat some fruits and complex carbs. Like greek yogurt with raspberrys and oats.

At some point I hit the gym and afterwards I try to get some carbs and proteins in but carbs are the most important thing directly after a workout for me.

And than it is just eating more and more until I reach my macro/caloric goals.

My routine:
Upper body:
pull up movement at a machine 4 x 8-12reps
Seated cable rows 3 x 8-12
Butterfly reverse 3 x 10-12
Benchpress (flat) 4 x 8-12
Butterly 3 x 10-12

Superset:
Overhead press 3 x 8-12 / side lateral raise 10-12

Superset:
Biceps curls 2 x 10-12
Frenchpress 2 x 10-12

Legs / abs
Squats 5 x 8-12 (long rest between sets ~3 min)
Leg extensions on a machine 3 x 10-12
Leg curls 3 x 10-12
Leg raise on the ground 3 x as much as possible
Crunches 3 x as much as possible

Keep in mind that this can be too much volume for a beginner! Especialy because I nearly reach muscle failure after every last set of each exercise. But the exercises are greate! Benchpress, pull up movements, rows, overhead press, side lateral raise are the best exercises I can think of.

I only workout for 45mins to one hour! Your body will produce stress hormones like cortisol at some point which will burn off muscle structures/proteins.

Tracking what you eat is really simple. Get used to scale everything that goes into your mouth before you eat it (does not include things without calories like drinking water) and put in some fitness tracking app like myfitnesspal (highly recommended!). You can scan barcodes of the food you eat or search for the food. You get used to it really quick :)

I eat lots of foods some examples: oats, every kind of meat, fish, chia seeds, protein powder, rice, milk, yogurt, fruits, broccoli, beans, eggs, salad.

Niklas98

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Feb 10, 2017
Germany

High reps (10+)
Mid-range reps (5-10)
Low reps (1-5)

I like to use the therm "time under tension" that means you measure the whole time for one set in which your muscles are moving the weight. Like I mentioned before hypertrophy is reached at around 40secs. Additionaly to that use the reps. I would recommend to do 8 to 12reps in that time.

That means one rep takes between 3-4 secs. The movement should be extremely controlled and smooth looking.

LucasJames

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Feb 2, 2017
Uk

High reps (10+)
Mid-range reps (5-10)
Low reps (1-5)

If you want to put on mega size, try german volume training. You wont see much in the way of strength gains, so perfect for what youre looking for.

Just do whatever excersies you're doing now, but do 10 sets of 10 reps of each one, with a rest of between 10-30 seconds, now obviously you'll have to choose a weight that you can actually finish. However make sure you're really struggling on those last 2/3 sets and keep your rest period consistent. (note: take longer rest between each exercise after the 10 sets)

Depending on how long youre in the gym, you might have to adjust the amount of exercises, however german volume trainiing is great for volume (no shit) which is exactly what you want for increased size.

Oh and with regards to rep speed, definitely keep it controlled, if youre having to do half reps or reps at a much increased pace to actually finish the set, that probably means youre going too heavy.

LucasJames

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Feb 2, 2017
Uk
Sure, I have a question:

However,

Sorry for the double post and i dont mean to hijack this thread, but saw this after and thought i can give you some insight regarding gym and travelling.

Main thing is keep protein intake up, dont eat less when travelling or else you'll lose size quick, especially if you're a hard gainer like myself.

Eat just as much, if not more.

Secondly hotel gyms are terribad, im not sure if thats where you're spending your time when travelling but in my experience you can still get a good workout in, even with limited equipment, often in 30 minutes or less. For example you can get a full back workout in using the pulldown machine, and some dumbells.

6 reps of wide grip pull down, straight into 12 reps of palms facing in narrow pull down , then straight into 25 reps of rear delt raises with dumbells, after those 3 exercises, thats one set. Take minimal rest between excersies and slightly longer between sets. Not only will this give you an insane pump, its actually really good for size. Invaluable when the hotel gym has 67 treadmills and very little else.

If youd like any further info or any travel workouts for different body parts just PM me.

Niklas98

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Feb 10, 2017
Germany
Sorry for the double post and i dont mean to hijack this thread, but saw this after and thought i can give you some insight regarding gym and travelling.

Main thing is keep protein intake up, dont eat less when travelling or else you'll lose size quick, especially if you're a hard gainer like myself.

Secondly hotel gyms are terribad, im not sure if thats where you're spending your time when travelling but in my experience you can still get a good workout in, even with limited equipment, often in 30 minutes or less. For example you can get a full back workout in using the pulldown machine, and some dumbells.

6 reps of wide grip pull down, straight into 12 reps of palms facing in narrow pull down , then straight into 25 reps of rear delt raises with dumbells, after those 3 exercises, thats one set. Take minimal rest between excersies and slightly longer between sets. Not only will this give you an insane pump, its actually really good for size. Invaluable when the hotel gym has 67 treadmills and very little else.

If youd like any further info or any travel workouts for different body parts just PM me.

No need to apologize, multiple opinions won´t hurt anyone. :)

MidwestLandlord

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
759%
Dec 6, 2016

Thanks, but I don't stay at any hotels with a gym. Not even a treadmill or stationary. I'm way too cheap to stay in fancy places like that haha.

As both yourself and @Niklas98 have pointed out, I should keep my food intake up. I went back through myfitnesspal for last week when I was on the road, and I actually had some travel days where I didn't even hit 1000 calories. (I can forget to eat for days at a time if I'm not careful haha)

Niklas98

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Feb 10, 2017
Germany
Thanks, but I don't stay at any hotels with a gym. Not even a treadmill or stationary. I'm way too cheap to stay in fancy places like that haha.

As both yourself and @Niklas98 have pointed out, I should keep my food intake up. I went back through myfitnesspal for last week when I was on the road, and I actually had some travel days where I didn't even hit 1000 calories. (I can forget to eat for days at a time if I'm not careful haha)

Wow, now you know why you struggle to gain weight while travelling :) 1000 calories is a really small amount!

YoungPadawan

Miles to go before I sleep
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Nov 7, 2015
Great thread! What are your thoughts on the Paleo diet?

Niklas98

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Feb 10, 2017
Germany
Great thread! What are your thoughts on the Paleo diet?

Paleo is awesome! Trust me you won´t get any better result when it comes to losing weight. I use it for cutting! I have used it for my contest prep and it works perfectly. The only thing that bothers me is that everyone sees the devil in carbs. Thats not true, you have to be able to use those carbs for your advantage! They will even make your form better and better if used right.

Here is what I prefer for cutting (works the best for me).
-you keep the proteins and fats high
-you will get up and instantly consume some proteins (highly important!!!)
-BCAAS are perfect
-whey protein powder will work too (cheaper)
-after the quick proteins go and do some cardio on a low intensity for around 15-30 minutes or so (you can start with 15 minutes in your diet and climb up! it is a greate way to burn the hell out of the remaining fat cells at the end of the diet!)
-after the cardio, you will eat some carbs not much but some just to get enough power for the day and the gym (wait at least 3 hours after the cardio before you hit the gym!)
-before (10 minutes) and while working out drink BCAAs or 30 minutes before a whey shake
-and now after the hard workout you want to get carbs in! That will ensure that the carbs won´t get wasted and stored at the wrong places. You will feel how your muscles will be flooted with those carbs. You won´t lose as much musclemass because of the amount of insulin that counters the bad hormones after a hard workout. You can drink a huge proteinshake with blended oats for example (I used to take 50g of protein powder and 100g of oats)
-for the rest of the day stick with low carb
-no food after 7pm helps me to not feeling hungry in the next morning!

short tip: Vegetables are really helpful to ensure that you don´t feel extremely hungry

c_morris

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Oct 30, 2016
Nova Scotia, Canada
I'm 5'8" 185lbs 44 yrs old.

I am a beginner. What is the best way to lose weight (spare tire and double chin) and build strength fairly quickly? I think ideally my weight should be between 165 - 170 lbs assuming I have replaced my fat with muscle.

Longinus

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
441%
Aug 28, 2014
Poland / Belgium

Male, 33, 5'7, 160lbs.

Maybe 5/3/1 is a good choice for you to make better progress?

@Niklas98

What's your opinion on bulletproof coffee for bodybuilders? I started this a few weeks ago to cut bodyfat, but I think I'm too low in carbs now. Feel like shit and tired as F*ck at the end of the day/week.

Niklas98

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Feb 10, 2017
Germany

I am a beginner. What is the best way to lose weight (spare tire and double chin) and build strength fairly quickly? I think ideally my weight should be between 165 - 170 lbs assuming I have replaced my fat with muscle.

First of all you have to understand that you can not lose weight on a targeted area on your body. Whenever your body breaks fat cells it comes from everywhere. The best way is to start to keep an eye on your current nutrition. You could start by cutting all drinks with calories, cut out everything that contains sugar, try to eat wholewheat foods.
You should also understand that losing weight is easy in theory. It does not matter what you eat but how much calories!

If you want to do it perfectly you should make small plan with caloric goals for each week.
For example:

Week1: 3500cal
Week2: 3300cal
Week3: 3000cal

Start to track everything you eat and stay under your goal.
Your metabolism is going to get less and less effective and therefor you want to adjust your caloric intake! in order to ensure weightloss.

To boost your metabolism and keeping musclemass you can also do some exercises at home, in the gym or in the nature. :)

You can PM me if you want, maybe I can create you a more specific plan with nutrition/training advice, which fits perfectly for you.

Niklas98

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Feb 10, 2017
Germany
Maybe 5/3/1 is a good choice for you to make better progress?

@Niklas98

What's your opinion on bulletproof coffee for bodybuilders? I started this a few weeks ago to cut bodyfat, but I think I'm too low in carbs now. Feel like shit and tired as F*ck at the end of the day/week.

Never heard of it before to be honest, but it seems like normal coffee with some healthy fats? If so it is good for you just do not use too much fat. You should really start to eat more carbs if you feel tired and extremely exhausted. Try to use them at the right time, go out for some cardio or hit the gym and afterwards try to get in larger amounts of carbs. I have posted a small routine which I follow for cutting. I had the same problem, but the larger amounts of carbs after an intense workout helps a lot! Also the small amount in the morning really helps.

The caffein in the coffee will help you to boost your metabolism! Burns more fat keeps you more active, I use it every now and than for heavy workouts.

Try to eat complex carbs like oats! I have a greate recipe for oats in the morning which keeps you full for a long time and has everything your body needs and it is done in 5 minutes!
What you need:
-cinammon (If you want)
-35g proteinpowder (I prefer vanilla)
-60g oats
-20g chia seeds (not needed but extremely good!!)

1. Put everything in a bowl
2. Now cook some water (boiling)
3. Fill the bowl with water
4. add cinammon if you want

c_morris

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Oct 30, 2016
Nova Scotia, Canada
First of all you have to understand that you can not lose weight on a targeted area on your body.

I proved this to myself a while back when all I did was crunches to try and lose my gut. I must have had the best 6 pack going. Too bad it was still hidden under 2" of fat.

You can PM me if you want, maybe I can create you a more specific plan with nutrition/training advice, which fits perfectly for you.

I just started at the gym and the trainer there gave me an orientation and a very basic plan to get started. I will try it for a couple of months to see what kind of results I get. If, after that, I still can't see my toes looking straight down, I will shoot you a PM. Thanks.

Niklas98

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Feb 10, 2017
Germany

I forgot to say something about building strenght! Im sorry.
In general you should not expect drastic changes in your strenght while losing weight, it is pretty common to lose strenght...
But your a beginner and it is possible to put on muscle mass while losing fat, if your a beginner! You should use weights in order to develop strenght because you have to switch things around realy quick. You surely can start with some push ups but at some point using weights is crucial!
Try to focus on the following exercises:
Squats
Benchpress
Overheadpress
Pull ups / Pull up machines
Bent over rows

Try to start with reps between 8-12 just to get a feel for each exercise and at some point when you feel secure you can start experimenting and lift heavier.

Deadlifts are a greate way to develop the body but definetly not for beginners! The movement is extremely complex and it is really easy to hurt yourself!
By complex I mean hitting the right muscles in the back and securing the perfect position of the upper body.

Niklas98

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Feb 10, 2017
Germany
I proved this to myself a while back when all I did was crunches to try and lose my gut. I must have had the best 6 pack going. Too bad it was still hidden under 2" of fat.

I just started at the gym and the trainer there gave me an orientation and a very basic plan to get started. I will try it for a couple of months to see what kind of results I get. If, after that, I still can't see my toes looking straight down, I will shoot you a PM. Thanks.

Nice good job! Keep going and yes please keep me updated.

LucasJames

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Feb 2, 2017
Uk

Just to emphasise what NIklas98 said...

Best thing you can do is CUT OUT SUGAR, when you eat sugar it releases insulin, and insulins function is to send fat to fat cells, so the more sugar you eat the more fat you store.

Also dont be afraid of fats, fats are good. The whole "low fat" craze and the demonisation of fat is part of the reason the US and the UK have such bad obesity problems. You have to eat fat to lose fat, sugar is the real enemy. Obviously make sure its good fats, nuts, cocnut oil etc.

Also concentrate on cutting simple carbs, white bread might be the most useless food out there. Nothing in it, and it has such a high GI (glycemic index) that it just break down into sugar. Stick to low GI carbs.

c_morris

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Oct 30, 2016
Nova Scotia, Canada
Just to emphasise what NIklas98 said...

Best thing you can do is CUT OUT SUGAR, when you eat sugar it releases insulin, and insulins function is to send fat to fat cells, so the more sugar you eat the more fat you store.

Also dont be afraid of fats, fats are good. The whole "low fat" craze and the demonisation of fat is part of the reason the US and the UK have such bad obesity problems. You have to eat fat to lose fat, sugar is the real enemy. Obviously make sure its good fats, nuts, cocnut oil etc.

Also concentrate on cutting simple carbs, white bread might be the most useless food out there. Nothing in it, and it has such a high GI (glycemic index) that it just break down into sugar. Stick to low GI carbs.

Thanks for the input. My diet is generally good. I avoid sugar whenever possible and I am picky with the type of carbs I eat. I think my 2 biggest issues are my low activity level and alcohol. I don't binge drink (often), but I do have a few glasses of wine almost every day.

Niklas98

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Feb 10, 2017
Germany
Thanks for the input. My diet is generally good. I avoid sugar whenever possible and I am picky with the type of carbs I eat. I think my 2 biggest issues are my low activity level and alcohol. I don't binge drink (often), but I do have a few glasses of wine almost every day.

The wine/alc is a tripple kill! Alcohol is poisonous for your muscles at a certain point, it contains calories and it slows down your metabolism. Ask yourself: Should my body be busy dealing with that toxic alcohol in my body or burning fat?
My advice try to get rid of it or drink at least less. There are many hidden calories out there. Keep an eye on dressings, sauces and so on!

YoungPadawan

Miles to go before I sleep
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Nov 7, 2015
At the moment I am only absorbing as much information as I can from this awesome platform. I think now it's time to add some value by myself :)!

I am also a wantrepreneuer (since years...) searching for the opportunity to engage the Fastlane and escape my poor life. So if you have any clue how the world and I could benefit from my knowledge please let me know.

But what so ever :D let me tell you something about my qualifications.
- amateur bodybuilder from germany
- second place at the age of 16 at a local bodybuilding contest
- I know pretty much everything you need to know about nutrition and training

So please ask me anything about the topic :) by the way you can also add me on skype or whatsapp if you want a 1 on 1 coaching lesson. Just let me know :)
Have you ever thought about being a personal trainer? Or preparing diet plans for people?

Niklas98

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Feb 10, 2017
Germany
Have you ever thought about being a personal trainer? Or preparing diet plans for people?

Yes I did, but I think the market is saturated here in Germany. Maybe I should try it anyways :) I just have to learn everything about getting customers I do not know where to start / how I should set up such a company.

Thank you for your advice!

Alxander

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Mar 5, 2015
I take creatine, but I notice I get slight nausea from it (when im eating or brushing my teeth), now I drink probably at least 2 liters of water a day. Should I drink more, or take less grams?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.