The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Ask a former fat guy who lost 90lbs anything

Ask me anything!

K.Y.

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Jun 4, 2013
I attended the 2015 annual fastlane meet up and it was absolutely amazing. Learned a tremendous amount and gained a ton of value from everyone.

I'm still a newbie to entrepreneurship though. have been freelancing/consulting and don't consider that entrepreneurship/fastlane. I just created myself a job. working on building an actual business now.

since I'm still a newbie I felt like I didn't provide enough value to everyone else at the event so I figured I would try and provide value to the forum on a subject I think I'm pretty knowledgeable about and that's losing weight/fitness.

I used to be really fat. ~260lbs ~6-7 years ago
fat.jpg

this is the look I used to give girls to make them drop their panties. had to bat them away with a bag of doritos.
fat-face.jpg

this is about the lowest weight I got to. ~170lbs ~3 years ago.
dirty%20mirror.jpg

then batman with bane came out about a year or so ago and I decided to bulk and eat everything in sight. dirty dirty bulk. I went from 170lbs to 220lbs in a year.

it wasn't until my dad said "what the hell are you doing. why are you getting fat" that I realized I wasn't bane mode. I looked in the mirror and realized I got really fat and went sumo mode.

below is me at 220lbs around a year ago.

bane-and-gain.png

this is me 2 days ago at ~180lbs.
IMG_20150312_202627.jpg

here is me before and at the fastlane meet up a week ago.
transformation-tuesday.jpg

here's my instagram if you want to see more half nekid pictures of me: https://instagram.com/ky_fit/

ask me anything!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Crazy transformation. Congrats!

tminch55

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
296%
Jun 24, 2014
I know exactly how a person should eat for fantastic health, but I've been shoveling garbage into my body so long, any time I abruptly change my diet to optimal, I get terrible stomach issues and have incredible problems with sugar cravings.

How would you transition to make the process less painful?

K.Y.

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Jun 4, 2013
Crazy transformation. Congrats!

thanks! was hoping to meet you this year. next year!

I know exactly how a person should eat for fantastic health, but I've been shoveling garbage into my body so long, any time I abruptly change my diet to optimal, I get terrible stomach issues and have incredible problems with sugar cravings.

How would you transition to make the process less painful?

when and where are you when shoveling garbage in your body?

You tracking your macros or just a general bulk-->cut.

I've gone through keto/IF/typical bodybuilder diet/low carb/carb cycling/pretty much everything.

I'm currently doing IIFYM at 40/40/20 (carbs/protein/fats) at around 2,300 calories with a refeed/carb day once a week at around 2,500 calories.

IIFYM has worked tremendously well because I'm not restricted to anything anymore. I track I'd say 90% of the time. some days I just don't and try to eye ball it.

That's crazy!! Idk about natural tho...

hooray! my first not sure if natty comment. I guess I've finally made it :)

I've been training consistently for ~7 years now with only 2-3 years of seriously paying attention to my diet. I'd be embarrassed if I was was on gear and looked like this.

also. I'm pumped in a majority of the photos so that definitely helps.

Dude is the real f'in deal-incredible transformation and awesome meeting you this past weekend

thanks dude! awesome meeting you as well!

Disciple

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Dec 23, 2014
I'm still on the weight lost track myself now! I don't have any questions. Just wanted to say how encouraging it is to see the inches lost along the waist and how much your face thinned out. I can't wait to see the difference on myself when I lose my excess fat.

K.Y.

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Jun 4, 2013
I'm still on the weight lost track myself now! I don't have any questions. Just wanted to say how encouraging it is to see the inches lost along the waist and how much your face thinned out. I can't wait to see the difference on myself when I lose my excess fat.

keep it up man! consistency is the key and the difference between those who lose it and those who don't. feel free to reach out if you have any questions!

Disciple

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Dec 23, 2014
keep it up man! consistency is the key and the difference between those who lose it and those who don't. feel free to reach out if you have any questions!
Been working on it for a year now! I don't see me quittin'. :p

Thanks, though!

Formless

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 27, 2013
Awesome work man.

G

GuestUser116

hooray! my first not sure if natty comment. I guess I've finally made it :)

I've been training consistently for ~7 years now with only 2-3 years of seriously paying attention to my diet. I'd be embarrassed if I was was on gear and looked like this.

also. I'm pumped in a majority of the photos so that definitely helps.
The muscle mass and low body fat doesn't add up, but if you're legitly natural then take it as a compliment.

K.Y.

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Jun 4, 2013
The muscle mass and low body fat doesn't add up, but if you're legitly natural then take it as a compliment.

I forgot to add the part where I went 170lbs to 220lbs in a year because I saw bane in batman and wanted to look like him. :mask:

added now to my original post.

Y.B.

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Feb 7, 2014
Is it me or every-time I see OP's username I giggle to myself for like 2 seconds

pickeringmt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
364%
Apr 24, 2014
consistency is the key and the difference between those who lose it and those who don't
Bam, secret to life right there.

Meeting you and hearing this story was one of my favorite parts of the meetup - i remember it vividly.

This is a huge accomplishment man!

After this, I can't imagine you having any trouble accomplishing anything you put your mind to.

You have already beaten your worst enemy - yourself!

Esquire

Divorce Shark
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Oct 13, 2012
Connecticut
How often did your weight loss plateau ... and what did you do about it when it did ...?

I sometimes hit a plateau when I diet (low carb) ... and I'll be the first to admit ... it's frustrating when it happens.

Any tips?

K.Y.

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Jun 4, 2013
What kept you going?

a combination of a vision in my head of what I wanted to look like + being sick of being fat. and girls. liking girls helped. :D
Bam, secret to life right there.

Meeting you and hearing this story was one of my favorite parts of the meetup - i remember it vividly.

This is a huge accomplishment man!

After this, I can't imagine you having any trouble accomplishing anything you put your mind to.

You have already beaten your worst enemy - yourself!

thanks dude!

I think it was when half the table saw my old picture and started giving my phone back then the other half was like "what the hell you can't just not show us!"

How often did your weight loss plateau ... and what did you do about it when it did ...?

I sometimes hit a plateau when I diet (low carb) ... and I'll be the first to admit ... it's frustrating when it happens.

Any tips?

I can't remember how many times it did but it did at times.

first off. are you eating pretty consistently and losing weight then you hit the plateau? try to eat less and still plateau?

if eating less doesn't seem to affect weight loss then I'd recommend trying a re-feed day.

when you diet, your metabolism slows down and your leptin levels (a fat burning hormone) drop because your body starts going into survival mode and wants to hold onto the fat. your body doesn't want to lose fat, it wants to survive.

a refeed day is when you up your carbohydrate intake by a lot for the day. this will help reset and boost your metabolism/leptin levels so you can continue to lose fat. however since you're eating low carb, I imagine your fats are pretty high. on your re-feed day, keep your fats lower.

tl;dr
without knowing exactly how much you're eating/your bodyfat/your exercise. I recommend incorporating a re-feed once every two weeks where you eat 100% more carbohydrates. you'll probably weigh more the next day because you're holding onto water but that will go away after a couple days.

feel free to pm me if you need some more detailed help!

i'm about to eat a stack of pancakes right now because it's my refeed day :woot:

EarnStackEnjoy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Mar 10, 2015
THE MAN! What a change. You're awesome.

This is true inspiration.

What's your opinion about ketogenic diet vs. IF?

eqttrdr

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Aug 25, 2013
congrats !!

Can post a sample diet meal plan for an average day on your diet?

pickeringmt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
364%
Apr 24, 2014
I think it was when half the table saw my old picture and started giving my phone back then the other half was like "what the hell you can't just not show us!"
Yeah, I was the guy that threw a fit hahahaha.
The phone kept going from person to person - "holy crap" *passes phone* "This is YOU?" *passes phone* "Man, that is amazing" *starts passing phone back*
"HEY!! WHat the hell man?"
Can't wait til next year

Formless

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 27, 2013
Hahaha, the title reminded me of this:

100705-formerly-obese.jpg

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
That old Mitch Hedberg joke.

"I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to too."

K.Y.

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Jun 4, 2013
THE MAN! What a change. You're awesome.

This is true inspiration.

What's your opinion about ketogenic diet vs. IF?

thanks man!

keto

pros:
  • bacon.
  • fatty meat. fatty food.
  • bacon.
cons:
  • you're cutting off/severely restricting an entire macro nutrient.
  • what happens when you can't have something?
  • you want it more.... it was tough to curb cravings for carbs and sweets.
IF (Intermittent Fasting)

pros:
  • you can eat a lot all at once.
  • food choice isn't restricted too much since you have so many calories to work with in a short time frame.
cons:
  • eating a massive amount of food in a small window put me into food coma and I couldn't do anything for a couple hours after or I would just fall asleep.
  • couldn't focus/think clearly while fasting. that may just be me though.
  • it was tough to work out in the morning because well... you're not supposed to eat until the afternoon.

congrats !!

Can post a sample diet meal plan for an average day on your diet?

here's an example day of my diet. I'm currently cutting weight too. notice how I fit in brownies, cheetos, and cookies :p

03.15.2015-19.13.png

Yeah, I was the guy that threw a fit hahahaha.
The phone kept going from person to person - "holy crap" *passes phone* "This is YOU?" *passes phone* "Man, that is amazing" *starts passing phone back*
"HEY!! WHat the hell man?"
Can't wait til next year

I remember that now haha!

maybe by next year I'll have enough facial hair to use a sample of your product... :p

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.