The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Arizona, 32, new entrepreneur, networking,

darkaxum

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Jul 27, 2011
I joined this forum when I first read the book about two years ago but now I'm seeing the necessity to join a "mastermind group" and start having some conversations with people outside of my current network.

I live in the greater Phoenix, AZ area (pretty close to Ahwatukee in fact. I LOVE that area), I work in Gilbert, and my daily drive is 1 hr to work and 1 he to home so I have a lot of down time in the car. Sometimes I just need to talk shop or books with someone but no-one in my network seems to be available to talk on a consistent basis.

I started an app business with two business partners, a programmer, and a business/legal/finance manager. i'm a graphic designer/Internet marketer. My business partners are busy like I am, but they don't have the downtime that I do.

So here I am. Ready to start connecting with like minded individuals.

I've been a web designer for 10 years, and a concept artist for 5. I realized 2 years ago that I was never going to get paid for what I know I'm worth and what unique skills I bring to the table. I decided to become more financially literate and business minded. I told my business partners (who were not at the time) that I needed to start trying and start failing. Our first app hasn't been released but will be sent to Apple soon. We are also branching out into Internet marketing. We own several domains and we've launched several sites that help funnel customers who need a particular product to Amazon.

I'm also playing (and winning!) a stocks game and fx game, to increase my financial literacy. currently looking forward to putting some money into FX.

This year is already kicking a$$, I read several books and learned a lot last year but I've already doubled that from last year.

Here's a list of books I've read and recommend:

• The Millionaire Fastlane (of course)
• The 4 Hour Work-Week
• The 4 Hour Body
• The 4 Hour Chef
• Rich Dad, Poor Dad
• Unfair Advantage
• I Will Teach You to be Rich
• Quitter by Jon Acuf
• Think and Grow Rich
• How to Live the James Bond Lifestyle by Paul Kyriazi (this book has changed me in positive ways that are quantifiable, LOVE this book)
• The Warrior Ethos by Stephen Pressfield
• Seth Godin books
• ReWork by Jason Fried
• How to License Your Million Dollar Idea
• Drive by Daniel Pink
• Making Ideas Happen
• 7 habits for highly effective people

And I'm currently reading Unlimited Power by Robbins and The Flinch.

Any other recommendations? And I'll just say: I'm eager to talk to you and meet everyone! (Even if it's just in cyberspace).

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ramblindawg

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Jan 29, 2013
Burbank, USA
Speed+ for your energy! Welcome to the forum :)

That's a great reading list there...and based on your paragraphs, you have a whole lot of things going on. There's a lot of power in focusing on one project to lead all the others...so you can get some momentum and some successes that will contunue to propel you further. What do you think is your highest-value project right now?

darkaxum

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Jul 27, 2011
RamblingDawg, thanks so much for replying.

Ha, you sound just like Oats right now. Good advice though.

Currently, so many things are in a holding pattern with our app, websites, clients, etc. that I just take our easiest to implement ideas and get them started. When something important comes down the pipe, I pick it up, work on it, and send it on to the next man in the pipeline, or finish it.

darkaxum

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Jul 27, 2011
Thanks AndrewNC! Man your business sounds interesting. Been reading up on it.

I used to live in Mesa for about 8 years. Now I live in QC. Haven't quite decided where I'm going to live when we "hit it big".

My business is a means to an end. I want to actually work in the entertainment industry, working in VFX or pre-production, and I'll never give up on that dream, but the industry is VOLATILE. I want to be financially independent so that I can improve my craft, and so that when I work in the industry I won't be biting my nails every 5 seconds.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...