- Joined
- Nov 14, 2011
- Messages
- 2,486
Rep Bank
$5,240
$5,240
User Power: 434%
I just wrote this email to a girl in Seattle that I'm helping grow her brand for a documentary she is producing....the topic is on when people start out on this journey, they expect success right away, and run away from rejection...
It's legit a copy and paste from my email to her after talking about something related, so some of it might not have full context.
First off, I'm writing these emails because writing to you helps with the same topics I'm teaching in my book...
Now that you're going on this new path in life where you are running towards your goals and not away from anything, there are a few "new rules" that you should become aware of.
First off, is this thing called immediate gratification.
You already understand that people eat junk food when they want to be healthy, or are more entertained by watching some mindless TV show or video game, instead of reading a book...people are wired to want things immediately...
You see this in other people, but what I would like you to look at now is that....you are wired the same way. Not for those things, but for different things.
On this journey, success is virtually always a delayed result.
My book, I've been working on for over a year - I haven't made a penny yet. But I know it's going to be a best seller and the money will pay off later. I experienced this with my magazine business the other year. I worked for 2.5 years learning entrepreneurship without making a dime.
...but I kept pressing forward.
With me guiding you along the way, success will happen much quicker. The last guy I mentored and partnered with made $750 much quicker...I wish I acted on my mentors advice....I shot myself in the foot for a while and was stuck at a job I hated.
But after 6 months of working on the magazine business, I hit it big. I started making 5 figures per month...regardless if I worked or not.
My goals back then were more monetary, and they shifted from money to helping others like you..and ultimately helping the world...but the point is still there...
You will take actions that won't pay off in the beginning. You might email 50 influential people to share the articles...and get no replies...those things are 100% normal. And the fact that you encounter resistance actually means you are on the right path.
(told you - it's not a rule most people live by...but the obstacles along the way are a good thing - remind me to tell you more about obstacles later...)
So on this journey you are on now:
There are people out there who sit around waiting for their dreams to come to them...and they never get there....so we can help them in the future with another article on that topic 😀
Anyhow, I mainly wrote this because when I was in your shoes, I used to wait for success and I used to stand in my shoes when I faced a failure and didn't see results right away.
But those things are normal...so just keep pushing forward. I'm here to motivate you on a daily basis. If you hate me, then I'm doing my job right haha.
-Andrew
Oh, and here is a screenshot of a guy from Canada that I mentored. His goal was to email 100 people to write for a magazine. He got a lot of "no replies"....and i sent him a similar article....where these lessons make sense.
But as you see, when he experienced it for himself...that is when everything clicked and he got the results...So I'd like your goal to experience 50 failures for yourself with the goal being the 50 no replies (when we send the article to promote)...and then when you get your first YES....see how it feels!

It's legit a copy and paste from my email to her after talking about something related, so some of it might not have full context.
First off, I'm writing these emails because writing to you helps with the same topics I'm teaching in my book...
Now that you're going on this new path in life where you are running towards your goals and not away from anything, there are a few "new rules" that you should become aware of.
First off, is this thing called immediate gratification.
You already understand that people eat junk food when they want to be healthy, or are more entertained by watching some mindless TV show or video game, instead of reading a book...people are wired to want things immediately...
You see this in other people, but what I would like you to look at now is that....you are wired the same way. Not for those things, but for different things.
On this journey, success is virtually always a delayed result.
My book, I've been working on for over a year - I haven't made a penny yet. But I know it's going to be a best seller and the money will pay off later. I experienced this with my magazine business the other year. I worked for 2.5 years learning entrepreneurship without making a dime.
...but I kept pressing forward.
With me guiding you along the way, success will happen much quicker. The last guy I mentored and partnered with made $750 much quicker...I wish I acted on my mentors advice....I shot myself in the foot for a while and was stuck at a job I hated.
But after 6 months of working on the magazine business, I hit it big. I started making 5 figures per month...regardless if I worked or not.
My goals back then were more monetary, and they shifted from money to helping others like you..and ultimately helping the world...but the point is still there...
You will take actions that won't pay off in the beginning. You might email 50 influential people to share the articles...and get no replies...those things are 100% normal. And the fact that you encounter resistance actually means you are on the right path.
(told you - it's not a rule most people live by...but the obstacles along the way are a good thing - remind me to tell you more about obstacles later...)
So on this journey you are on now:
- The results will be delayed.
- When you keep pushing forward through 50 failures...the pushing forward is the thing that allows you to stand out and reach your goals.
- And success is inevitable.
There are people out there who sit around waiting for their dreams to come to them...and they never get there....so we can help them in the future with another article on that topic 😀
Anyhow, I mainly wrote this because when I was in your shoes, I used to wait for success and I used to stand in my shoes when I faced a failure and didn't see results right away.
But those things are normal...so just keep pushing forward. I'm here to motivate you on a daily basis. If you hate me, then I'm doing my job right haha.
-Andrew
Oh, and here is a screenshot of a guy from Canada that I mentored. His goal was to email 100 people to write for a magazine. He got a lot of "no replies"....and i sent him a similar article....where these lessons make sense.
But as you see, when he experienced it for himself...that is when everything clicked and he got the results...So I'd like your goal to experience 50 failures for yourself with the goal being the 50 no replies (when we send the article to promote)...and then when you get your first YES....see how it feels!

Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
