The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Registration at the forum removes this block.

Are you really a producer? How anything you do is a currency.

Anything related to matters of the mind

Peteee72

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Mar 20, 2017
South Africa
Having read TMF and Unscripted , one of the biggest takeaways I've had has been the producer/consumer dichotomy. I lay in bed one night after reading, and staring at the ceiling, I asked myself.

"Are you really a producer?"

Now all of you will know that MJ directed this towards money, and how going into debt is promising future production, and that if you go into debt you are spending more money than you actually have, and promising to make up for it later.

I am proud to say that I'm not in any debt, though not unscripted yet. So yes, technically I am an excess producer in money, and working on scaling this excess.

But what about the other aspects of your life? Are you in an excess or a deficit?

Let's take Instagram for an example, just because this is my personal vice as a photographer. If I go on Instagram right now, there is a seemingly endless amount of content I can consume, and I could spend all day "double tapping" away, and giving away likes.

But. What if I had a "Like" bank account? Would I be in an excess or a deficit?

Would I be able to spend as much as I am?

In this crazy world where likes were a physical currency, I would only be able to spend as much as I received. Yes, this means that if I only got 20 likes on that one selfie I posted with a generic filter and no hashtags, guess what? I can only "like" (read "consume") 20 photos. That would mean I'd get about 2 minutes of entertainment from Instagram before I would be broke. Forcing me to post another photo, to get another 20 value vouchers, allowing 2 more minutes of self absorbed feed-scrolling.

Now, what if I really put effort into my Instagram account, posted consistently, and invested time into building a following of loyal fans, and accumulated an average like count of 10000 per post? Well then. I'd be able to scroll through for the entire day, every day, not worrying about ever going broke. This would be the equivalent of having a "Fastlane" Instagram, and living in excess production.

Now, I only used Instagram as an example, but I challenge you to apply this to everything. Spend all day on facebook? Make sure you produce more than you consume. Like Youtube binges? You can only view as many videos as you have received views on your own videos. Like Netflix or Game Of Thrones? Shame. Until you've got your own show and views on Netflix, you're broke and can't get it. The Fastlane Forum? Why do you think I'm sharing this thread and my crazy mindset? I'm in a DEEP deficit on this forum, and I intend on correcting it.

Not only does this make you realize how much you ACTUALLY consume with your most valuable currency (your time. duh.), but it also shows you that time invested is not equal to the return. If you post one video on youtube, and it gets a million views, you're most likely going to be in excess for the rest of your life! Off of one video.

Sound similar to a liquidation event of a Fastlane business? Hmmm.

Thanks for staying with me through my crazy rant.

- Pete

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ayanle Farah

Silver Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Speedway Pass
Dec 13, 2016
I'm in, this seems like an awesome challenge, let's produce instead of consume.

Right now I'm producing by making this post while the person reading it is consuming.

I'll only consume in proportion to how many likes I get, 2 likes? Well I'll consume two posts.

Become a Fastlane Member Today to Read More or Comment.

This thread has
more posts!

Join MJ DeMarco's Inner Circle and Rub Shoulders with Other Millionaire Entrepreneurs

Imagine a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been the driving force of Fastlane, contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With over 38,000 posts game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve freedom. Join 90,000+ members and access a vast library of 1,000,000+ posts from entrepreneurs worldwide.

Fastlane isn’t just another community led by an absent guru. By joining, you enter MJ’s inner circle—a supportive home where you’re never alone. Embrace true mentorship and transform your entrepreneurial journey with the Fastlane Forum.

Basic Membership (Monthly)

• Read all threads in the main forums/categories.
  • Post comments in existing topics.
  • React to any comment/post.
  • Sort big threads by best posts.
  • Cancel anytime

$5 per month

Join Now

Basic Membership (Yearly)

• Save 22% vs monthly
  • Read all threads in the main forums/categories.
  • Post comments in existing topics.
  • React to any comment/post.
  • Sort big threads by best posts.
  • 30% Off a Yearly GoalSumo.com Subscription
  • Cancel anytime

$47 per year

Join Now

VIP Insider Membership

• Same as basic plus...
  • Guaranteed read and response from MJ DeMarco*
  • Access to the private Insider forum for more advanced users.
  • Bookmark any posts
  • No non-sponsor ads
  • 50% Off a Yearly GoalSumo.com Subscription ($34 Value)

$119.88 per year

Join Now

* If you post any question or problem within the INSIDER forum, this guarantees MJ will read and respond to your post to the best of his ability at least one time. This guarantee does not imply a lifetime dialogue or a personal ongoing mentorship. Again, MJ has authored more than 38,000 responses at this forum since 2007.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.