The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Are you in control?

Gruby Phil

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Dec 12, 2011
Poland
This morning Swiss central bank decided to free its currency from euro. Suddenly euro and other currencies are plunging against the franc. What it means for many people in my country is irreversible damage.​

You see: Few years ago, banks were going crazy in this part of Europe convincing everyone to take mortgages denominated in Swiss francs. Seemed like such a great idea: small interest, so installments were lower than they would be otherwise etc. Everyone rushed to build their own houses on the suburbs and finally get at least some level of comfort that people in Western Europe enjoy. No one seemed to notice that it is all based on debt. They sold their freedom and are now at the mercy of a new master: banks and currency exchange market. Today, all their dreams came crushing down with one decision that someone sitting 5000 miles away has made. For many people, there is no way that they can keep up with paying their installments with prices so high. Unless something changes they will soon be without their homes with half of their paycheck taken over by the bank every month.

I sincerely wish that nothing like that happens but it doesn't look like it. This is what MJ has been talking about. Don't sell your freedom to a bank, don't live the life that you cannot afford. This is sidewalker's lifestyle. You should stay in a driver's seat and do not hand the wheel over to someone else.​

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
I think you will see that a lot of systems are collapsing. I think the world is just waking up to see how systems don't work all around. And of course there are things like this that happen, because someone does make a choice and has a cause and effect. While we don't like to be in a world that has control over certain things, we have only control over our choices, like you said.

The problem in this world is deception, lies, and what's behind the scenes. Motivations and intentions. The darkness before the dawn. I believe we will see a lot of changes everywhere, and I believe some will experience things they don't want to experience, because they believed in systems that fail them. And perhaps part of the experience of not following the herd, and creating one's own reality and life.

People aren't stupid anymore, they're on the internet and learning just like everyone on this forum. They know there are deceptions, lies, and chaos and confusion is something everyone is facing because what they've been told advice from past generations. M.J.'s book is just one example, but you have tons of other writers doing the same thing across the board.

And what that does is cause pain and suffering. It causes death and destruction of the old ways and systems. Some people don't want to accept these changes. Some are resistant to change and fight it. It's one of the reasons I don't jump into things, before I know what I'm getting involved with financially or even forming connections with business partners.

While I know I am in control of my situation, I also understand everyone in this world isn't on your side. Everyone isn't worried about your finances, or even cares about your survival. And that is hard to accept for some. You're correct not to leave your life in someone else's hands. It takes a minute for someone to make a choice and have a cause and effect on your life.

If you don't look out for yourself, no one else will.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.