The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Are these Survey sites worth it?

Jaden Jones

Igloo Builder
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Aug 22, 2018
Canada
I would really like to do some market research, and I keep hearing about these survey sites (surveymonkey, pollfish). But do they really work? They seem to have lots of options to target the group I want to and area I want to. The survey I want to send out would be $2000, not that I mind spending money on testing the market, but I really get accurate results? I feel like many people do surveys just to get paid, and just blow through the answers. Does anyone have experience with these? Or have any other suggestions for market research?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SEBASTlAN

Marketing Wizard
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Dec 22, 2014
Los Angeles
Why not just make a normal survey and use facebook ads to recruit people, that way you can qualify who actually should get paid based off their answers?

D

Deleted50669

I used Survey Monkey during grad school and the data I got definitely was not a representative sample for my demographic.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
How deep does the research need to be?

Is it for an existing business? If so and the cost benefit/equation makes sense ask to be put in touch with some of their clients if you’re not convinced of the merits.

Again if it’s for an existing business can’t you poll your current customers base?

If it’s for a new business 2K is a lot to lay out for some data. What other options have you considered?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jaden Jones

Igloo Builder
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Aug 22, 2018
Canada
Its for a new business, so I have no existing customer base. My logic is that I could use the answers to reduce advertising costs or refine services. The cost isnt a big deal if its accurate. I do not have any other ideas though. Im definitely open to suggestions.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.