The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

are taking online courses worth it to learn new skills, or should you learn on your own?

Vasili27

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
Jun 2, 2021
Philadelphia Pa
ive seen and heard about udemy and other such sites here on the forum and was curious if its worth it to take courses from them. I say this because I want to learn more on marketing and especially Facebook, because my business will need this. I know that there are other places such as udemy, khan academy and etc.. was wondering which ones you guys prefer and if they are worth the money

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Dmusic

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Aug 17, 2021
ive seen and heard about udemy and other such sites here on the forum and was curious if its worth it to take courses from them. I say this because I want to learn more on marketing and especially Facebook, because my business will need this. I know that there are other places such as udemy, khan academy and etc.. was wondering which ones you guys prefer and if they are worth the money
Honestly, learning on your own is pretty much the same as taking courses, your doing all the working and learning from it. If you intend on buying a course off of someone, I would look more into who's course it is, there is a lot of bad ones out there, just trying to take you're money, but there's also a lot of good one's. I don't know much about khan academy or udemy.

HabitsCampaigner

Jim Miotke
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Jan 6, 2021
Monterey, CA
I take a lot of courses and find it valuable. Sometimes a great book with applied learning (exercises) works great too. Gotta DO in order to really get it under your belt. Coursera has been good; never used Khan. My favorite, Udemy has provided excellent courses; pay attention to the ratings and reviews. Watch the previews to see if you like the instructor’s style. Complete the course. Do the work.

I hear, I forget
I see, I remember
I do, I understand

Vasili27

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
Jun 2, 2021
Philadelphia Pa
I take a lot of courses and find it valuable. Sometimes a great book with applied learning (exercises) works great too. Gotta DO in order to really get it under your belt. Coursera has been good; never used Khan. My favorite, Udemy has provided excellent courses; pay attention to the ratings and reviews. Watch the previews to see if you like the instructor’s style. Complete the course. Do the work.

I hear, I forget
I see, I remember
I do, I understand
appreciate it

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Vasili27

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
Jun 2, 2021
Philadelphia Pa
Honestly, learning on your own is pretty much the same as taking courses, your doing all the working and learning from it. If you intend on buying a course off of someone, I would look more into who's course it is, there is a lot of bad ones out there, just trying to take you're money, but there's also a lot of good one's. I don't know much about khan academy or udemy.
appreciate it

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...