The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Architect in Germany

Nestable

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Oct 24, 2023
I have finished the millionaire Fastlane this weekend!
I am a german Architect with 15 years of experience working for big international architectural firms.
Last year I launched my own side hustle as a Spacial consultant for urban/ academic families living in homes that feel tight or crammed. (Born out of my own need, living with hubby and 2 small kids in a 3 bedroom)
Although I have aquired a few clients, I am far away from paying the bills with it, let alone having a prosperous money tree!
I struggle mostly with marketing/ finding clients and with delivering to my standards without burning myself out.
I believe that I am on target with control, entry and need, however there are a lot of adjustments to make on the topics of time and scale.
Very grateful to meet you guys,
Verena

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
….. urban/ academic families living in homes that feel tight or crammed. (Born out of my own need, living with hubby and 2 small kids in a 3 bedroom…
How likely would you invest money into such a consultation?

Maybe you should choose a different niche?

What about the clients you serve in your job?

Nestable

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Oct 24, 2023
How likely would you invest money into such a consultation?

Maybe you should choose a different niche?

What about the clients you serve in your job?
Thanks so much for your comment Ing!
you are right, it is not the most profitable niche. I realised that single mothers tend to book rather than families with a present father. Men seem to think they can do it alone and rather prefer to procrastinate and do nothing while women want to progress quickly and with knowledgeable support.

I’m my day job I plan hospitals, schools and residential projects, unfortunately it is pretty much impossible to gain entry as a new architect by themselves, there are lots of entry barriers like having built a project before under your name in the same scale, proving substantial net income, etc…
This is why I chose to start in a smaller scale to get the ball rolling. not saying I never want to plan big projects, just not wanting to spend years trying to achieve it.

Marco L

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Nov 6, 2017
Germany
you are right, it is not the most profitable niche. I realised that single mothers tend to book rather than families with a present father. Men seem to think they can do it alone and rather prefer to procrastinate and do nothing while women want to progress quickly and with knowledgeable support.

I’m my day job I plan hospitals, schools and residential projects, unfortunately it is pretty much impossible to gain entry as a new architect by themselves, there are lots of entry barriers like having built a project before under your name in the same scale, proving substantial net income, etc…
This is why I chose to start in a smaller scale to get the ball rolling. not saying I never want to plan big projects, just not wanting to spend years trying to achieve it.
Hi @Nestable, I don't think you necessarily need to serve your day job clients with big projects. But working with them, you are in a unique position to learn more about their needs, wants and pains. MJ would probably say: Think like a producer.
I like to think most successful business opportunities were found that way. Listen, observe, add value.

Nestable

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Oct 24, 2023
Hi @Nestable, I don't think you necessarily need to serve your day job clients with big projects. But working with them, you are in a unique position to learn more about their needs, wants and pains. MJ would probably say: Think like a producer.
I like to think most successful business opportunities were found that way. Listen, observe, add value.
Thanks @Marco L, that is a very interesting insight, how to look at my position!

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015

Do you have a YouTube channel? This sounds like it would work visually, and you might find other opportunities (and revenue streams) come along because of it.

SpinnerRedPenny

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Jun 20, 2023
USA or Europe
I have finished the millionaire Fastlane this weekend!
I am a german Architect with 15 years of experience working for big international architectural firms.
Last year I launched my own side hustle as a Spacial consultant for urban/ academic families living in homes that feel tight or crammed. (Born out of my own need, living with hubby and 2 small kids in a 3 bedroom)
Although I have aquired a few clients, I am far away from paying the bills with it, let alone having a prosperous money tree!
I struggle mostly with marketing/ finding clients and with delivering to my standards without burning myself out.
I believe that I am on target with control, entry and need, however there are a lot of adjustments to make on the topics of time and scale.
Very grateful to meet you guys,
Verena
Grüß Gott, Verena! My wife is a commercial real estate attorney in Munich, I wonder if she's worked with any of your firms?

I live in an area that is rapidly tearing down old bungalows and constructing multifamily (i.e. space-limited) condominiums. I can walk out my door and see at least four construction cranes right now (and can almost always see at least two). Walking through the neighborhood shows me a dozen easily. If you're able to get to Munich for potential clients, and if you have a marketing placard in A4 format that I can print and hang up on the local supermarkets' bulletin boards, I can try to help you that way.

In any case, viel Glück!

Nestable

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Oct 24, 2023
Grüß Gott, Verena! My wife is a commercial real estate attorney in Munich, I wonder if she's worked with any of your firms?

I live in an area that is rapidly tearing down old bungalows and constructing multifamily (i.e. space-limited) condominiums. I can walk out my door and see at least four construction cranes right now (and can almost always see at least two). Walking through the neighborhood shows me a dozen easily. If you're able to get to Munich for potential clients, and if you have a marketing placard in A4 format that I can print and hang up on the local supermarkets' bulletin boards, I can try to help you that way.

In any case, viel Glück!
Thanks so much @SpinnerRedPenny,
This is a very generous offer.
I could certainly send you a poster or flyer either as a pdf or on paper.
I don’t know how to best contact you, following the forum ettique…
Also, If there is any way, I could help you or your wife, please let me know: I have a few contacts at housing developers, in Karlsruhe, if this would be of interest…
Best regards

SpinnerRedPenny

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Jun 20, 2023
USA or Europe
Thanks so much @SpinnerRedPenny,
This is a very generous offer.
You are quite welcome, Verena. I'm on LinkedIn or Xing as Christopher Penningroth or Chris Penningroth; those are good places to connect for business in any case.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...