The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

AppSumo went from 0- 500,000 customers in 18 months Guide

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

77startup

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Aug 4, 2011
Chicago
I usually don't buy guides as I try to focus on execution but this guide is about Customer Acquisition and it's written by appsumo the only "deal site" I actually like.

Here's the synopsis:

• SECTION 1: “The Hustle Stage”-- Going from 0 to 1,000 Sumo-lings. Hustling up free advertising. Bribing people with free breakfast. Getting people to sign up for AppSumo (the ghetto way). Getting a guy in Pakistan to build AppSumo for $60.
  • SECTION 2: “The Puberty Stage”-- Going from 1,000 to 50,000 Sumo-lings. Getting people to sign up by giving ‘em free stuff. Doing guest posts on blogs (some worked, some totally failed). How we advertised differently than everyone else.
  • SECTION 3: “NOM NOM NOM TIME STAGE!”-- Going from 50,000 to 500,000 Sumo-lings that pay money. Learning cohort analysis (betcha never heard of that). How Chief Sumo sleeps with 10 models on a pile of cash every night. A/B Testing the RIGHT things... and not wasting time testing dumb crap. Taking your own biz to Sumo-level
Here is my tell a friend link: All your software in one nice little burrito | AppSumo.com. I think this will help any fastlaner who is about to launch or still in the stage before making enough money to pay their rent. Also if you don't want me to get a credit just go to appsumo.com and search for "The step-by-step guide to how AppSumo.com went from zero to 500,000 customers"

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

CPisHere

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Sep 17, 2011
Louisiana
I'm a fan of App Sumo. The only thing I've bought so far has been the "Kopywriting Kourse", but it was worth the $.

77startup

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Aug 4, 2011
Chicago
I have to give them my email just to get through the link?

Yes, but if you plan to open a business that has an online component you WILL want to give them your email anyway. Great deals for anyone on the fastlane.

ZDS

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Oct 2, 2008
I haven't bought this program, but I've bought other things. They have a 100% money back guarantee if you are not completely satisfied with the product. If you are even thinking about getting the product, I'd say buy it. It's 79 bucks. How many emails would you pay 79 bucks for?

77startup

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Aug 4, 2011
Chicago
Anyone bought and can give a detailed thumbs up or thumbs down?

I've bought it and can say the biggest help was from 0-500. I think this stage is what kills most start ups and the cool thing is during this stage they didn't really have advertising dollars. I can't really give details because it's a 60 minute course and I don't want to give the good parts away for free and ruin the work they have put in. If for any reason you don't like it you can just ask for a refund but I think you will be quite pleased.

Warning: This is aimed for web companies and might require you to think unusually.

Brander

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Jun 3, 2011
Australia, USA, Europe
I can review the thing for you all:

First part is OK, however I can tell you some of the sales letter actually covers most of the tactics they used in the initial stage.

1) My advice would be to use forums, coupons and contacts in the industry that have lists of at least 10.000 or more (I always use my existing lists to launch a new site, even if the subject matter doesn't match). One example of rapid growth you might want to look at is name.com and their use of coupons.
Lastly, remember - go where your ideal customers already hang out.

2) Jump right into the 50.000 - 500.000 tactics and start with so called "link bait" ideas but to attract customers not links - various "ego stroking" devices like quizzes and tests work the best - most people are fascinated with themselves :)
Spend the majority of the time on home runs, not singles.

3) Create the landing page today and start experimenting!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.