The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Apps vs Websites

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane
D

Deleted74396

As Millionaire Fastlane was published in 2011, I believe, has app creation overtaken internet based businesses in the 8 years since? Was wondering others opinions on this. Thanks.
bth.gif

But seriously, they both have their advantages. I'm not sure about which is most popular, probably apps thanks to FB/Insta/Twitter.

I heard the vast majority of consumers prefer apps but as a chrome user a lot of the time I'm happy just using the website and hate when you're forced to use an app.

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
As Millionaire Fastlane was published in 2011, I believe, has app creation overtaken internet based businesses in the 8 years since? Was wondering others opinions on this. Thanks.

That's a hard question to answer and a bit irrelevant. It ignores the fact that alot of businesses use desktop apps, legacy systems, storage management systems, IOT devices and more.
All of them use the internet to communicate.
Mobile apps have certainlly grown but they are just a part of vast net of systems.
The common part is the API part of the software.
If you build an API, you can branch into anything.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Katherine

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
248%
Mar 11, 2019
Singapore
It depends on the industry. But I am bias and I will have to say a website first.

Why? I was searching for some information online - collection of laundry from home to do dry and normal cleaning services. There were plenty of companies. What irked me would be the companies are doing the same thing - "download app"!

I simply want to find out the price, compare and book online what I need. But I couldn't get these info and instead download extra few more apps and .... still need to create accounts and password etc...

I will still prefer websites for now

LexicMedia

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Apr 8, 2019
Well, App or Web it entirely depends on the peers and their requirements. Considering the fast-paced transition over Mobile in past a decade, the App market has emerged as a Superhero and clients and customers both prefer Mobile Solutions that gove them the independence to stay mobile while having an anytime access as well. However, there are still solutions and Products for which the most feasible scenario is being following the traditional web presence.
Preferring over App or Web, it includes a lot of factors to decide as Genre of business, Personal interests, Accessibility required, etc.

Considering the predictability reports, in the coming few years, every industry, market, and the segment will be going Mobile and within the reach of the users at any time.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

newzzy2

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Nov 24, 2019
The Analog Kid, I would definitely try to make a separate application for that purposes. And after some period of time, I would implement a web-version of it. Anyway, you should always keep in mind that there are plenty of harsh reasons why your mobile app can fail. Here is an article I've got ( url: https://reinvently.com/blog/tоp-3-harsh-reasons-why-mobile-apps-fail/ ), which gave me a lot of answers for my basic development questions, when we were making our app.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.