The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Appointment Setting Services

Marketing, social media, advertising

Sizemore

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Jul 21, 2019
Has anyone used an appointment setting service? Was it worth it?

I am considering it as an additional avenue for lead generation. Sounds like it boils down to an estimated $20-$30 per lead. That honestly sounds a little too good to be true, so here are some assumptions I will make:

1) Half are probably terrible and not even relevant leads (because the setter is just trying to hit metrics). That brings the cost to between $40-$60 per lead.
2) About 40% of whats left will be 'lookie loos' according to Jordan Belfort in 'The Way Of The Wolf' Chapter 9 'The Art of Prospecting.' Jordan describes 'lookie loos' as non-buyers who act interested and essentially just waste your time. Assuming that these people cannot be closed, that would bring the estimated cost per lead to between $67-$100.

Closing 20% of the remaining leads leaves my break even expected value (profit) at $335-$500 per sale.

Thoughts on those assumptions from anyone who has tried one of these services?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
If possible, I'd control my pipeline.

You're saying the cost goes up to "$67 to $100 per lead"? No way. It's a lot more than that.

What's your time worth?

What will your time be worth if you have to drive in person to meet a shitty prospect, and then waste your time at the meeting before driving back? Same thought process if it's something online that you're doing.

How many clients do you have? What kind of product are you selling? How often do you need a new client?

If you're capped at how many clients you can service (most of us are by cashflow or time), then you shouldn't be outsourcing the sales. You should be doing the sales yourself and prioritizing the highest worth clients for your business.

Sizemore

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Jul 21, 2019
@AgainstAllOdds thanks for posting. Good stuff.

You're saying the cost goes up to "$67 to $100 per lead"? No way. It's a lot more than that.
Yeah, I was saying the new estimated cost of a lead that COULD BE closed. You could be absolutely right, I might be underestimating that.

What's your time worth?

What will your time be worth if you have to drive in person to meet a shitty prospect, and then waste your time at the meeting before driving back? Same thought process if it's something online that you're doing.
My time is very valuable to me and in short supply. I've been on parental leave with a new baby, but now it is time to return to my 9-5. That is why I was trying to outsource SOME of the legwork to warm leads up through this channel. I think my time is better spent overseeing and building projects.

How many clients do you have? What kind of product are you selling? How often do you need a new client?

If you're capped at how many clients you can service (most of us are by cashflow or time), then you shouldn't be outsourcing the sales. You should be doing the sales yourself and prioritizing the highest worth clients for your business.

My client base is small and the business model (subscription) is new. Realistically, I can handle 2 new clients a week at this point (due to time restraint). I need my brain in the projects, so I can ensure they are delivering continuous value to the client (so that they remain clients).

I understand what you are saying, and feel in my gut that the sales should be coming from inside the company. Given that there is only so much time in the day, I have been thinking about searching for a marketing PARTNER who can handle this side of the business, and really be invested... while I build and focus on the projects and technical side (i could handle more projects per week in this case). Want to explore all options before giving away a piece (this is another conversation entirely).

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Jordan is a big proponent of talking to qualified leads only.

When he runs a business he has a internal marketing team to do that for his sales team. Currently he relies on internet marketing to generate leads. It is a team headed by very young dudes who know the internet.

I never used appointment setting service in Singapore. It is a telemarketing companies that will charge me by hours spent by their telemarketers. I never do deals with partners who cover their own downsides first.

There are internet based leads generation service that charge by pay per deal. I havent looked into them yet.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.