The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

App developers jump in here

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
I wanna partner up with an app developer to make an app
Sure thing
Find me 10k USD per month and I want 51% equity and we are good to go partner.

ravenspear

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Jul 25, 2016
So you want 10k per month and 51% equity?
Sounds like a good price to me (as a dev also).

He knows nothing about your app or business. His potential downside is nearly unlimited at this point.

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA
So you want 10k per month and 51% equity?
What you're running into here is developers' previous history dealing with people who want to develop an app. The typical scenario is: "I want to make a Facebook KILLER with my great idea. All I need to do is find a code monkey that can make my idea work, and together, we'll take down Facebook. I'll give you 1% equity, you do all the work, and I'll keep 99% because my idea is so great."

I've seen, and these are not exaggerated:
"Build me a copy of Air BNB's software for $5000" (Air BNB had raised $850M at that point)
"Build me a system that will run my mid-sized business for $50k" (That was at least not insulting, but they're still off by at least a zero)
"I'm tired of paying $500 a year for Quickbooks, can you build me a custom accounting system so I don't have to pay so much money every year?" (oh sure, let me get right on that)

People that become clients say things like, "I want to do XYZ in the ___ industry. Here are all my thoughts. I've mocked up some of the screens and written out some documentation to help get the conversation started. Help me put together a system that will do this. How much will this cost? Ok, when will we get started, and would you like your deposit on a credit card or a check?"

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ravenspear

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Jul 25, 2016
Fear is that u will make someone work on dev for a couple months before you do anything sales related. Demonstrate that you have money lined up before the app is made.
Either that, or if you truly have no money, then find a dev whose entrepreneurial vision is aligned with the vision of the founder and give them substantial equity for a CTO type role in the company. This also requires sales skills on the part of the owner which he should have anyway if the business is going to succeed. The OP didn't demonstrate much value in his first post, so he's not going to get those kind of value offers until he does.

JohnForte

Software Engineer Ninja
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Dec 12, 2019
New York

Sell your vision and get someone excited to work on the app.

If you go to a few developers and they punch holes in your idea, you are not able to sell it. I would take that as the idea may not workout.

If you do want to go the purchase way and just have a team instantly, check out my link in my sig. It is my agency and I have done a few apps. Be happy to jump on a call this weekend or early next week to talk thru your idea and how you envision it.

Nitin-Ward

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Apr 17, 2020
India
Dear Sir,
I wanted to discuss opportunities to cater your App projects. We are a large team of fullstack developer ,who can contribute in back as well frontend. We are experienced team since 2003.
I hope your positive reply. Thank you in advance for your attention on my request here. Please reach me to discuss more.
Our main expertise is on:

1. NET Framework, .NET Core
2. REST API, Wcf, Web Services
3. Angular/Typescript
4. .NET MVC
5. Wordpress, PHP
6. iOS & Android native development
7. Flutter and React - hybrid mobile development
8. Various patterns and architectures like event-driven architecture, micro -services etc.
9. SharePoint
10. Reporting in OpenXML(Word, PPT, Excel, PDF) , PowerBI
11. JAVA, Oracle APEX, PL/SQL
12. Oracle DB, SQL Server, Azure SQL, Cosmos, RDS, Postgres
13. Microsoft Dynamics
14. Salesforce
15. Shopify (including Liquid template customisation)
16. TensorFlow, tf.keras, Python
17. Azure Service Bus/Logic Apps
18. Azure Data Factory, SSIS
19. Azure Functions etc.

Regards
Nitin Ward
nitin.a.ward@gmail.com

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.