The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Anyone use RealtyTrac?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Anyone use RealtyTrac for foreclosure leads? Any good?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
a co-worker did

One of my co-workers used it to look for his new home. Yes, it had some good leads, but the problem is they listed ALL available, not only pre-foreclosures but also regular FSBOs, so he had to spend a lot of time filtering his searches. I don't know if he still has his account though. I played with it a little bit and noticed 2 pre-foreclosures and one REO two blocks down the street.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
New guy here. I am using RealtyTrac right now. I began the fist of June and I've only gotten one solid lead so far from them(preforclosure). I am beginning to think my focus is too narrow. I will stay with them for a couple of more months to see what happens.:cheers:

S928

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Aug 7, 2007
I used RealtyTrac to track down and purchase a foreclosure, so it worked out well for me. One thing I noticed was that many of the published listings ended up changing their auction date right before the auction. Yet, that's the nature of foreclosures .. at the last minute something changes the dynamics of the sale and the auction ends up being postponed. Give it a shot - it's well worth the monthly fee.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

tbsells

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Jul 27, 2007
Ohio
I had bad experience with RealtyTrac. The information was very old and therefore useless. Many of their "current" listings were sold months ago.

bflash98

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Aug 28, 2007
The best source I have found are local companies that are supplying this information to investors. If you go down to the courthouse where they auction off the properties in your area there will probably be people there with flyers advertisng their services. Usually there is an upfront fee and then a monthly fee or you will pay a % of the purchase price of a house that you buy at auction.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.