- Joined
- Nov 3, 2018
- Messages
- 52
Rep Bank
$330
$330
User Power: 138%
What city has $30,000 houses?In my small city real estate is quite a bit cheaper than the state's biggest city over an hour away. But, rent here is $500/mo. And I work in the big city so I get $70k for my job and I'd only get $40k here. And I don't have to pay the $1500 rent over there!
This small has never been like this until 2020: bid-above-listing price. Those are big-city terms! I bought one house this year. Listed at $28k and I needed to go up to $35k to win. It's my 8th house. I'll get $325/mo cashflow. In January I was about to give up RE investing. But, I found a niche and a way to find good tenants, so now I'm excited about the future again. When I get 12 of these I'll quit my job because it should bring me to my goal of making $3000/mo without working.
But I won't be done yet. I'll have cash at that point and I'll partner with other investors to finance flips. You know, loan someone $10k and expect $15k back. My time should be freed up by then and I can focus on my cell phone app. Five years in my brain and no one has created anything like it yet. If someone makes it, I'll be relieved, actually. And I'll be the first to download it. But, I'm not going to do it until I can quit my job.
Anyway, as you can see, the cost of real estate doesn't affect me. I bought some houses for $15k. Those houses are now $30k so I have to spend more to by them. Oh well. I'll keep truckin'!
I haven’t seen homes that cheap even in poor markets like Mississippi or Ohio
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
