The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Anyone thinking of buying real estate in 2021?

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

Sethamus

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Sep 13, 2019
Northshore area, New Orleans
Put an offer on a flip a month or so ago that I got outbid on. Owners came back to me to say the winning offer fell through after 30 days..but it was because the lot wasn't able to be split which is what I needed. Prices are still good in my local area. Neighbor just sold their house in 2 days with multiple offers.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

thechosen1

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Aug 25, 2020
Texas
I'm under contract on a personal home. Previous owner passed away, kids want to sell it, it needs some work. Realtor friend brought it to me off market.

Tax value is $300,000. I offered $200,000 and they accepted (only putting 10% down). Getting it inspected soon. Plan to live in it while fixing it up for 1-2 years then sell it for tax-free capital gains.

Comps justify my projected selling price. Just praying the inspection doesn't show anything too outrageously bad (I have a foundation guy at the ready, but if it needs too much, I'm out).

I have a lot of irons in the fire... Struggle with business monogamy, lol. I like to be firing on all cylinders and optimizing everything, but of course, life isn't that simple.

edit: should be closing this week! I get a great fixer upper that will become a very nice home in a desirable neighborhood, and a lot of tax-free upside when I'm done working on it.

Last edited:

Successful Steve

Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Nov 3, 2018
In my small city real estate is quite a bit cheaper than the state's biggest city over an hour away. But, rent here is $500/mo. And I work in the big city so I get $70k for my job and I'd only get $40k here. And I don't have to pay the $1500 rent over there!

This small has never been like this until 2020: bid-above-listing price. Those are big-city terms! I bought one house this year. Listed at $28k and I needed to go up to $35k to win. It's my 8th house. I'll get $325/mo cashflow. In January I was about to give up RE investing. But, I found a niche and a way to find good tenants, so now I'm excited about the future again. When I get 12 of these I'll quit my job because it should bring me to my goal of making $3000/mo without working.

But I won't be done yet. I'll have cash at that point and I'll partner with other investors to finance flips. You know, loan someone $10k and expect $15k back. My time should be freed up by then and I can focus on my cell phone app. Five years in my brain and no one has created anything like it yet. If someone makes it, I'll be relieved, actually. And I'll be the first to download it. But, I'm not going to do it until I can quit my job.

Anyway, as you can see, the cost of real estate doesn't affect me. I bought some houses for $15k. Those houses are now $30k so I have to spend more to by them. Oh well. I'll keep truckin'!
What city has $30,000 houses?
I haven’t seen homes that cheap even in poor markets like Mississippi or Ohio

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2020
How much it will cost if I go for a new setup. I was looking for such ideas and I want to take...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Finally! I just launched a short story on Kindle (FREE if you have Kindle Unlimited)! After...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
I planned to make a separate post for this video but it is useful here as well for anyone...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Last promo of the year.. Get the training you need now or miss it. Promo Code: FINALHOUR...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
UPDATED POST: Hey Guys! I wanted to give a quick update on what this program has become. In...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Are you looking for a new, lesser-known but potentially very lucrative source of leads to your...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom