The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Anyone Have Experience In Hiring Sales Staff?

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

JoeyF

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
208%
Apr 17, 2016
I'm 90% sure I'm going down the Salary+Commission route with my own office. This has been my favoured option from the start and it'll work out cheaper in the long run. I'm about to crack open the Ultimate Sales Machine as recommended here.

Lot of work and things to think through but I am on the path. Also saw my first office today, not taking that one but the search has begun.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JoeyF

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
208%
Apr 17, 2016
Found a cool office in the heart of the city. Pretty good price. Taking the weekend to consider it but I think I'm good to go.

I'm absolutely loving The Ultimate Sales machine by Chet Holmes. Great recommendation, thanks @Krzysztof

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Don't you read? Commission only is a pipe dream, quit drinking the cool aid. No one is going to work for you for free no matter how "wonderful" you think your mediocre product is..

Phone sales itself is a dieing art, limited supply and very high demand for the type of person your looking for. They can command whatever the F*ck they want and you should be wise to pay them if you find a good one.
I had to come find this post. I just hired a commission-only sales person. This person has sold more than most of the people in this forum in this person's career. (many 10's of millions of dollars) Its possible to find someone like this...you just have to look.

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
I had to come find this post. I just hired a commission-only sales person. This person has sold more than most of the people in this forum in this person's career. (many 10's of millions of dollars) Its possible to find someone like this...you just have to look.

Lol, is that what he told you? The problem with good shady sales guys is they'll sell you the dream and you'll eat that shit up. Come back in 6 months and let us know how it went, too early to pat yourself on the back my friend, trust me Ive been there done that.

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Lol, is that what he told you? The problem with good shady sales guys is they'll sell you the dream and you'll eat that shit up. Come back in 6 months and let us know how it went, too early to pat yourself on the back my friend, trust me Ive been there done that.
I've worked with her for years and personally worked with her on a portion of a 20m sale of hers. Whether she will be able to sell my stuff is another story, but ... my point here is that you *can* hire top level talent commission-only.

JoeyF

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
208%
Apr 17, 2016

Sounds promising Jon, experience tells me you should wait until you see results before you get to excited though!

How did you come across this person?

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Sounds promising Jon, experience tells me you should wait until you see results before you get to excited though!

How did you come across this person?
yeah I've had the same experience with hiring sales people. In this case, though, I've worked with her for years at a previous job. She is *really* good.

JRGEKKO

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Apr 23, 2016
California
I'm 90% sure I'm going down the Salary+Commission route with my own office. This has been my favoured option from the start and it'll work out cheaper in the long run. I'm about to crack open the Ultimate Sales Machine as recommended here.

Lot of work and things to think through but I am on the path. Also saw my first office today, not taking that one but the search has begun.
I'm just curious to know what direction your on to now like If you switched business models or did you stick to the same one etc?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.