The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Anyone From Philly, PA Area Want To Mastermind?

Anything related to matters of the mind

Vagabond 007

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Mar 1, 2011
Philly Suburbs
I'm a new member from the Philly area looking to mastermind with other like minded people. See my other thread with some more info about me. Click Here.

Basically, I am having a VERY difficult time meeting people with a similar mindset that I have. I'm tired of dealing with people that have limiting beliefs, think having a normal job is good, don't dream big, criticize others for their big dreams, have a victim mentality, etc.

I've spent the last 5 years or so on really developing into a better person. My mindset has done a complete 180. Problem now is, and I don't want to sound condescending so please don't take it as me thinking I'm better than others, but it seems 95% of people have poor mindsets.

I've recently met a guy that is VERY similar to me mindset wise. He is basically like an older, more experienced version of me. He "get's it". Problem is, he is close to an hour away, has a family, older, etc. So it's tough to get together, everything is through email.

I'm hoping to find someone closer to me where I could meet up with them from time to time for lunch or whatever. When I have free time to do as I please (I have a gf), I do things by myself.

It's weird, I am very outgoing, friendly, easy to talk to, etc. But yet I find it hard to really relate to people. I have a bunch of friends and yet I've never felt more alone. My friends and family, mindset wise, are on a different level. My mom laughed (literally) when I said my goal is to make $50,000 a month.

Yet that seems to be the mindset amongst most people. They are used to making about $50,000 per YEAR so any thought of making that per month isn't even in their reality. And to make it worse, they project their limiting beliefs onto others.

So I am looking to surround myself with like mind individuals. Are you in the Philly area looking for the same?

I want to point out, although you don't need to be millionaire (I'm not [yet], not even close), I am looking for a certain type of person to be around. You need to be wealthy in the mind and you need to have the desire for a better life. I don't want to sound like an a$$, but I just want to make it clear that I'm looking for people with a certain mindset.

I guess the easiest way to put it is, if you read MJ's book and you subscribe to the overall philosophy of the book with the caveat that this is not something that is new to you. Let's face it, there are tons of people who want to be rich but yet they don't do a damn thing about it. I'm not looking for that person.

You either get "it" or you don't. If you do, and your from the Philly area, and wouldn't mind meeting, then let me know.

Thanks for reading.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

tquinn1021

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 4, 2009
Hey Vaga - I would be interested in being part of a mastermind. I'm in the suburbs, about 45 minutes outside of the city. I'm also looking to surround myself with more 'fastlane' menatalities. PM me when you get this and we can talk. Thanks

Boo Blizzi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Mar 3, 2009
Im down around the way once or twice a week...Im from NY but have rental properties in Camden and other parts of South Jersey...hit me up and we can make something happen...but may I ask...what is ur interest?...which vehicle do u plan to use to get to ur 50k/mth...internet biz...real estate...or other?

Vagabond 007

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Mar 1, 2011
Philly Suburbs
Hey Vaga - I would be interested in being part of a mastermind. I'm in the suburbs, about 45 minutes outside of the city. I'm also looking to surround myself with more 'fastlane' menatalities. PM me when you get this and we can talk. Thanks
Hi tquinn, what suburbs are you in? I'm a little west of the city, in Delaware County.

I'll shoot you a PM soon.

Im down around the way once or twice a week...Im from NY but have rental properties in Camden and other parts of South Jersey...hit me up and we can make something happen...but may I ask...what is ur interest?...which vehicle do u plan to use to get to ur 50k/mth...internet biz...real estate...or other?
Hi Boo,

My interest is in marketing. Which doesn't answer your question, so here is more.

I plan to reach my goal with a few things...

Marketing Consultant
Seminars
Online Sales of my marketing products

I still need to formulate my plan. But off the top of my head, consulting could bring in a good $20K-$30K a month with a little work in the beginning to get clients.

Seminars could easily add another $100K a year to the mix. Ideally I'd like to sell $2,000 seats to some type of marketing or advertising seminar. All I need is 50 seats filled to reach the $100K per year mark for seminars. I'm thinking either one big seminar or doing 2-4 smaller ones throughout the year. Have to give it more thought, but as of right now I'm thinking 2 seminars a year, so 25 attendees each.

These seminars, of course, can lead to a nice income on backend sales (consulting).

Online sales of my marketing products, to be honest, this is the least exciting to me of the 3. I don't know what it is, but I enjoy "offline" marketing more than online. If I'm making big money offline, then I don't see the need to sell stuff online. Few ways to look at that, but overall I want to focus on offline stuff first (consulting and seminars) and then when I'm happy with my results there, then put some of my focus onto getting an online system set up to sell online. You know, the basic sales funnel...free or low priced product >> mid priced product >> high priced product >> coaching/consulting/seminar.

Currently, I'm suffering from information overload/analysis paralysis. With everything I know in regards to marketing and sales, I could be a mutli millionaire right now. But I've been very lazy over the years. And as we all know, knowledge without action is worthless. So step #1 is to identify the beliefs that are stopping me from taking massive action and fix those beliefs to help me instead of get in my way.

This is actually what my friend (the one I mentioned above) and I have been discussing a lot recently via email. I always knew how important a mastermind is (thanks to Think and Grow Rich and being in a mastermind in my past life as a mortgage broker), but recently I've REALLY realized how nice it is to have someone that get's it and you can bounce ideas off, get feedback, ask questions, get advice from, etc.

Some of our emails are really interesting. Which gives me another idea...to start a website/blog to share the stuff I know and the stuff him and I have been discussing. I think a lot of people can benefit from it because I think a lot of people are in the same boat as me. Plus I'm tired of all of the B.S. out there in the make money/marketing niche. I'm tired of seeing junk products being launched for $2,000 offering instant riches as long as you just by the product.

Like I said, I'm suffering from information overload/analysis paralysis. As you can probably clearly see.

Naja H

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
3%
Jan 15, 2011
New Jersey
Same here! I am in Northern NJ and don't have anyone I can relate to. And I am having a hard time forming a "mastermind alliance".

I am interested in Investing, Venture Capitals, Real Estate & Entreprenuership via the internet.

I am definitely interested in meeting up with you guys.

Can someone PM me some information as well.

bizzyricky

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Dec 1, 2009
Hey Vaga bond

I would love to do a mastermind group with similar minded ppl in the area...send me details....I am right near delaware county but by the Island avenue side...I can also definitely relate to your analysis paralysis...I'm just starting to leave that stage now, seeing I am purchasing my first rental property now as we speak...so I'm thrilled

But I also read almost every business and RE book sent my way...lol enough knowledge to write my own ....but just couldn't budge because I never thought I was %100... but some times you just gotta jump... and so I am :0D

and also take it easy on the average thinking ppl... I've learned to accept that not everyone is going to be a think big and aim for the stars... some ppl is just content with thinking small and being in a bubble... Thats just them.

lightning

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Aug 24, 2007
Northern, NJ
I am in Northwest Jersey (warren county, about 20min from the PA border, probably an hour or so North of Philly). I dont have alot of free time nowadays but I'm always interested to meet like-minded people...

TheFinBin

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Nov 1, 2010
Newtown, PA
Hey Vagabond,

I'm in South Philly. I am interested in Internet Entrepreneurship via websites and mobile apps along with Real Estate investing. I actually started a website for financial and economic news at: Financial Bin - World Markets, Finance, Economy, Business, Financial RSS Feeds, Market Buzz

I am definitely interested in a mastermind group. For far too long, I have surrounded myself with people who are extremely slowlane minded and are complete dream crushers. It would be nice to have fastlaners to bounce ideas off of and talk shop in person.

Thanks,

Dave

Boo Blizzi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Mar 3, 2009
THIS IS a good start...i think we need to have a meet up and from some alliances...from what im seeing...there are varied ideas we want to pursue so i think a general meet and greet would allow us to formulate bonds and connections with like minded individuals...i personally am interested in the internet and software development...although i am working on a prototype for an idea i've had.

TheFinBin

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Nov 1, 2010
Newtown, PA
Yeah, I'm with Boo. This is a good start and we need to make it happen. Maybe meet at a bar or something, grab a beer, and make some friends. I would love to hear what people are thinking and doing.

bizzyricky

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Dec 1, 2009
I'm with Boo and FIN... so we going to talk all year or set something up... I would also love to hear what others are doing and thinking.....who's doing the organizing??

Just PM me with details...also pm me with details if need help organizing.

Boo Blizzi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Mar 3, 2009
first thing we need to decide is where we are gonna meet...philly is a cool city to hang out in...anyone have a problem with that?

Vagabond 007

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Mar 1, 2011
Philly Suburbs
Hey guys,

Wow, seems to be a lot interest, awesome! I'll be happy to organize this. If we get enough people, I'm ok meeting anywhere, even if it is in NJ. At the same time, there are plenty of places to meet in Philly.

I'll PM everyone later on and start getting this going.

In the meantime, what is everyone's schedule? When are you free? Days and time frame.

Vagabond 007

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Mar 1, 2011
Philly Suburbs
I just sent out PM's to everyone.

I am free most days (as long as I don't have hockey, I'm a coach) and anytime after noon is best for me. Seems Philly is a good place have a meeting. Phlgirl, any recommendations on a meeting place?

Anyone happen to have an office, with some room to fit us, we could meet at?

I'm guessing a weekend day is best for most?

Boo Blizzi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Mar 3, 2009
yeah a friday or saturday night will be cool with me

taichijedi

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Feb 22, 2008
Philadelphia
I'm also in the Philly area, near the Delaware/Montgomery/Chester borders. It is great to see so many people who are like-minded in the area, and I would like to mastermind wit you all also. I work full-time and go to school full-time (I'll be done my degree at the end of the year, so I'm not going to fail to complete that project) so I have very limited time. Weekends are the best for me due to my hectic schedule.

I am looking to leverage the internet to build a community, and am still researching the industry to maximize my contribution (thus increasing my value added) but I am moving forward setting up my websites and securing my domains. I will start building the community and then release upgrades as I conceive them for additional offerings. I am doing this to override the analysis paralysis that can set in if I over-analyze. Slow forward momentum on a mediocre idea is better than no execution on a perfect idea.

Vagabond 007

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Mar 1, 2011
Philly Suburbs
Ok, I just got back to everyone who replied to my PM.

Seems the best day for this would be a Saturday. Time wise, I'm thinking afternoon or evening. Makes no difference to me...I'm just not a morning person. At all.

So for the sake of getting this moving forward, let's say...

Date: Saturday, March 19th (changed from the 12th)
Time: 3 pm

Location - phlgirl said she is going to think about a good meeting spot. I'll try to think of something as well.

NOTES

Post up what you want help on, if you need it. Wesbite feedback, marketing help, mindset help, etc.

My area of expertise is marketing, so I can help with that.

Please post what you want to accomplish by attending this mastermind meeting. What is the #1 goal you want to achieve by the end of the meeting?

If you guys want to do what phlgirl suggested and do a conference call, I guess we can do that. Although maybe it's easier and quicker to just post here??

TheFinBin

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Nov 1, 2010
Newtown, PA
Vaga,

Just FYI -- I never got a PM from you.

I would be open to a conference call to start. I wouldn't be able to make the meet-up if it were this Saturday.

Notes:

1. I would want feedback on my website (Financial Bin - World Markets, Finance, Economy, Business, Financial RSS Feeds, Market Buzz). I'm currently working with a friend of mine who is a programmer to try to make it more user-friendly, add social media integration, and basically bring it up to 21st century standards. I have limited programming knowledge, so for me to do what I did was an accomplishment in and of itself. I also would definitely want your advice, Vagabond, on how to market it. While I have so ideas of my own, I could definitely use more. I'm also waiting until the updates are complete to really go hard on marketing the site.

2. I think my #1 goal for the first meeting would be simply to meet all of you and get to know about your businesses. I would also want any kind of feedback regarding my website and ideas. From there, if we continue to meet up, I would adjust my priorities depending on the stages I'm at with my website.

Naja H

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
3%
Jan 15, 2011
New Jersey
FYI - Just as FinBin stated, I never received a PM as well to respond to.

I am available for conference call, as well as the meeting.

I would like assistance with mindset help. I also have a couple of business ideas that I would like feedback on.

Thank you.

Boo Blizzi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Mar 3, 2009
i wouldn't be able to meet up this Saturday ...i admire ur pro-activeness...but i have a prior engagement and i don't think u mentioned the exact date in the PM...if u want to set it up for next Saturday (especially evening) then I'm all for it...and because i am rehearsing for a wedding... i don't think i would be able to get in on a conference call either.

Vagabond 007

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Mar 1, 2011
Philly Suburbs
To those who didn't get my PM, sorry. But you didn't miss much. Basically asking what day and time were good for you.

As for this Saturday, let's cancel and make it next Saturday (March 19th) then since a few people can't make it this weekend.

Knowledge Kick

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Jan 16, 2009
New Jersey
Hey Guys,

I just wanted to say that I am 100% down. I live in Deptford and go to school in Camden so I'm right there.

Let me know what's up with this. I see that I'm about a month late but hopefully I can jump in and contribute.

-Steve

Email me at mccall.steven@live.com

Boo Blizzi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Mar 3, 2009
yeah...what happened to this...im ready this weekend if anyone wants to link up tonight

David Walsh

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Apr 7, 2011
Philadelphia
I'm right in Old City, Philly.. definitely open to scheming with the right group. Might not catch a DM on here so twitter.com/dvdwlsh is more direct.

PeteLife

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jul 5, 2011
BALTIMORE/DMV
i would most definately like to join in on this mastermind alliance. i have been reading forums on this site for a couple weeks now and it has been a blessing to know that there are fellow like-minded people like myself who all wants to be in the fastlane.
im located in baltimore, md ... about a hour away from delaware.
i would love the opportunity to meet up with people who are willing to take major steps in getting into the fastlane and not just blog about it.
read more about me on my profile. im newly registered but i have been on this site for a while back reading and brainstorming ideas.
so lets make this happen.
PM me! all questions/comments appreciated.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.