The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Anyone ever used businessforsale.com or bizbuysell.com?

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Working on selling my business, had a advanced tire kicker that wasted a weeks worth of time and just looking to get good exposure.

I have two ads on CL and one on kijiji right now. Was contemplating one of these two sites as they are both almost $150 to list for two months, i am not sure how much extra exposire they will provide for that money however though.

Anyone used either or know someone that has?

BizBuySell - The Internet's Largest Business for Sale & Franchise for Sale Marketplace

Selling a business | Buy a business on Businesses For Sale

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
yes, I still check it about once a month.

did you got there on refferal? And if i may... did you buy a brick and mortar business. I need to sell my B&M business as well as the website. I dont want to pay for a site with little exposure though.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I got some hits from BBS when I used them but this was YEARS ago. I like visiting them to see what is selling and trying to gauge multiples. The other site I never heard of.

Perhaps you can try Flippa.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
I got some hits from BBS when I used them but this was YEARS ago. I like visiting them to see what is selling and trying to gauge multiples. The other site I never heard of.

Perhaps you can try Flippa.

I was thinking Flippa too but that is primarily for websites. my deal is B&M +/- Website. If someone didn't want the website i could keep it, change it some bit so it was independent and it continue to bring in revenue. First and foremost i need to sell the B&M equipment.

Oh thats another thing, im not selling the company name + financial s, just the equipment and website. So almost like an asset sale. my fall back after ads for two weeks is ebay.

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
did you got there on refferal? And if i may... did you buy a brick and mortar business. I need to sell my B&M business as well as the website. I dont want to pay for a site with little exposure though.

do not remember, been going there for almost 10 years.

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
I was thinking Flippa too but that is primarily for websites. my deal is B&M +/- Website. If someone didn't want the website i could keep it, change it some bit so it was independent and it continue to bring in revenue. First and foremost i need to sell the B&M equipment.

Oh thats another thing, im not selling the company name + financial s, just the equipment and website. So almost like an asset sale. my fall back after ads for two weeks is ebay.

so you are not selling the biz? equipment only, I would say maybe liquidation.com or ebay, website= flippa.

bizbuysell.com would get you exposure

Never heard of your other one.

Why are you not selling the biz?

What is the equip? How easy to relocate? Is your B&M sales contingent on your location, or is it the equipment, and the site is driving the sales?

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
so you are not selling the biz? equipment only, I would say maybe liquidation.com or ebay, website= flippa.

bizbuysell.com would get you exposure

Never heard of your other one.

Why are you not selling the biz?

What is the equip? How easy to relocate? Is your B&M sales contingent on your location, or is it the equipment, and the site is driving the sales?

Yeah technically i am selling the assets off. Faster sale and easier to handle, plus i never DBA'd this protion so the company it runs under is the same company that runs everything else. Silly way to set it up but you live and learn i guess.

never heard of which one?

equipment is supplies laptop fullsize plotter etc. it would be a big expense to ship but easy to pick up from the east coast i imagine. The brand drives sales, the website does two fold. serves as an outlet of contact for the sales that know the rand, and completley unrelated SE reffered sales for products and people have no clue who i am.

Not sure if that makes a lot of sense. i figured the sale would be much easier not trasferring cstomer info and all that other junk. the B&M portion is ready to go as a business. the website could be adapted to run on its own but they would compliment each other nicley if kept together.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I don't quite understand. Is this run from a commercial site or from home? Sounds like you are selling the equipment only?? or does this come with customers and repeat orders?

I would sell the entire business including the website. If you can show the website brings in X dollars then it would increase your selling price. I know you can always start another website in the same niche if you wanted for cheaper.

IMO, I would sell on bizbuysell. My personal feeling is that buyers on Flippa are more tech savvy and understand all the SEO, traffic, etc.. of web businesses. I get the feeling when I talk to brokers from BBS, that they are business brokers selling B&M stores. They seem to list online stores at crazy multiples. They also don't seem to understand web businesses well enough to see when I seller is BSing their traffic and stats. I've seen sites say they get 3,000 hits a day, but when I look at Alexa, PR, links, SEO rankings nothing adds up. I ask the broker and they just get very quiet.

So, with that said... I also get the feeling that buyers on bizbuysell are also not internet savvy because their brokers are finding these buyers through there traditional non-internet channels. When I see I crappy cookier cutter online store that makes $100/mo and has a domain like xxxx-store.com, PR0 and 10 yahoo backlinks sell for $7000, I want to hire that broker!!!

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
the businesses for sales site, never heard of it, not saying much, but I just never heard of it.

Is there R.E., either lease or purchase going with the asset sale?

No R.E. at all

I don't quite understand. Is this run from a commercial site or from home? Sounds like you are selling the equipment only?? or does this come with customers and repeat orders?

I would sell the entire business including the website. If you can show the website brings in X dollars then it would increase your selling price. I know you can always start another website in the same niche if you wanted for cheaper.

IMO, I would sell on bizbuysell. My personal feeling is that buyers on Flippa are more tech savvy and understand all the SEO, traffic, etc.. of web businesses. I get the feeling when I talk to brokers from BBS, that they are business brokers selling B&M stores. They seem to list online stores at crazy multiples. They also don't seem to understand web businesses well enough to see when I seller is BSing their traffic and stats. I've seen sites say they get 3,000 hits a day, but when I look at Alexa, PR, links, SEO rankings nothing adds up. I ask the broker and they just get very quiet.

So, with that said... I also get the feeling that buyers on bizbuysell are also not internet savvy because their brokers are finding these buyers through there traditional non-internet channels. When I see I crappy cookier cutter online store that makes $100/mo and has a domain like xxxx-store.com, PR0 and 10 yahoo backlinks sell for $7000, I want to hire that broker!!!

Yeah run from home. the customer data on the website will go, just not the B&M customers. too much ofr a pain to sort all that and sell it. plus i cant sell the business name or anything because its my "umbrella company" and its not seperate, so it would be a nightmare. I could try to sell it on bizbuysell as the website plus backend equipment to go with it rather than a B&M businesss plus a website. that might work better. I will wait a week or so to see how the regular advertising is doing and they put it on there.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
So i think after this week i am going to list it with a featured ad on BizBuysell for $200, i guess i wont know how well it works until i try it. I will list it opposite of the way i have it listed now, website with equipment to run it not vice versa.

So far im getting inquirys but nothing is following up. Ill give it a chance for a week the move to BBS to give them a shot since the ad stays for two months.

SCLAUST

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Oct 17, 2017
Italy
Working on selling my business, had a advanced tire kicker that wasted a weeks worth of time and just looking to get good exposure.

I have two ads on CL and one on kijiji right now. Was contemplating one of these two sites as they are both almost $150 to list for two months, i am not sure how much extra exposire they will provide for that money however though.

Anyone used either or know someone that has?

BizBuySell - The Internet's Largest Business for Sale & Franchise for Sale Marketplace

Selling a business | Buy a business on Businesses For Sale

I have used Businessforsale.com before and I think that they send you fake requests to invite you to pay for the service. After receiving a few, I have updagraded but never received requests again. I keep on using the free service, but I think it is useless. I am selling a house suitable as a B&B / small hotel, but I cannot find a useful international website where to publish the ad. Do you have any advice? Thanks

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.