The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Anyone else notice that McDonalds is making a *killing* lately?

DennisD

Mini Media Mogul
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jun 16, 2012
Bali, Indonesia
No fact checking here but if is all correct then, WOW. Your post makes good sense its just surprising that it goes against my old belief system that the meat is crap.

Although science, technology, and actual facts are on the side of these bigger companies, people corral into these silos of distrust. Monsanto has a similar problem with their reputation.

Even though this is a forum FILLED with 'free-thinking entrepreneurs', we're all human. Bias, groupthink, misinformation, and emotion play a big part of what we perceive as 'true.' A bigger part than any of us would like to admit.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Nijbee

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Feb 6, 2018
UK
I'd just like to point out that 'Supersize me' is fourteen years old. Fourteen years. It strikes me that McDonalds are not the same as they were then. McDonalds (here in the UK at any rate) put a lot of time and money into showing how 'green' they are and how nothing but natural products (I know McFlurries..) go into their burgers and chicken meals. They did it because it made good business sense.

I had the good fortune to spend some time with one of the UK HR directors of McDonalds some years back at a conference. They analyse and systematise everything. And I mean everything. Worlds 4th (depending on who you believe) employer. Think about that.

So what can we learn? They provide value to many, many people around price, consitency and convenience. I'd say that convenience is their product pretty much. And they know how to deliver that value very, very efficiently. Not my favourite food choice but pretty impressive business.

TheCj

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jan 3, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Also out of all the fast food places, McDonalds has changed the most to reflect the population it serves. Growing up every McDonalds seemed to have a play center and would be hosting birthday parties etc.. In the last 5yrs they have completely changed from a kiddie feel to a more "McCafe" feel. The people who were taking their kids to McDonalds 20-30yrs ago now go there for a coffee enjoy wifi sit beside a fireplace etc..
They always seem to be the first to try/test new things, free wifi, free refills, now the self serve kiosks as well as having uber eats deliver etc..
As a customer you know what to expect whichever location you go, that is what they are selling.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.