So, I have been doing a business for about 6 months now. I have realized the pitfalls in the model. I currently run a small SEO firm making me 60k profit a year (it's only 6 months old me doing it full time, so not that bad). But I realized this business has a lack of control (aka i fight Google with clients all day), and it isn't easily scale able, epic saturated market, so on and so on. And honestly, it F*cking bores me to tears.
So, I have been thinking about eCommerce and product creation also in a market that at least to SOME DEGREE interests me. I have always been a fan of fashion, and I wanted to start a clothing, etc. eCommerece site. This would be for a niche style, although it's a niche it has some big companies in it with 1million facebook fans etc.
However, in my model I want to offer both mens and womens of this style, the main competitors only offer women. Plus I want to offer other niche accessories that go with the "style" that my competitors don't offer in the same way.
In the start up phases, this would obviously be sourcing products from other retailers or sources like alibaba. Hand selected to be the best for the niche. Eventually, if it grows I would like to then start adding in my own products etc.
My strong point has always been in internet marketing. I don't know coding, I can't create software, I don't have the funds to create my own clothing products at this time.
So ideally, would be starting the niche store, sourcing the right type of products from retailers in a unique marketing perspective then eventually creating my own line (maybe kick starter). Anyone done anything similar or have any words of advice?
So, I have been thinking about eCommerce and product creation also in a market that at least to SOME DEGREE interests me. I have always been a fan of fashion, and I wanted to start a clothing, etc. eCommerece site. This would be for a niche style, although it's a niche it has some big companies in it with 1million facebook fans etc.
However, in my model I want to offer both mens and womens of this style, the main competitors only offer women. Plus I want to offer other niche accessories that go with the "style" that my competitors don't offer in the same way.
In the start up phases, this would obviously be sourcing products from other retailers or sources like alibaba. Hand selected to be the best for the niche. Eventually, if it grows I would like to then start adding in my own products etc.
My strong point has always been in internet marketing. I don't know coding, I can't create software, I don't have the funds to create my own clothing products at this time.
So ideally, would be starting the niche store, sourcing the right type of products from retailers in a unique marketing perspective then eventually creating my own line (maybe kick starter). Anyone done anything similar or have any words of advice?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
