The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Anyone Can Do It: My Story

LaughedAt

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Sep 20, 2007
Israel
Anyone Can Do It: My Story is the autobiography of one of the UK's wealthiest & renown entrepreneurs.

[ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0752875639/ref=s9_sims_c5_s1_p14_i1?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-1&pf_rd_r=1MTSMTBT3BMGHRTZNZV2&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=463374953&pf_rd_i=468294[/ame]

The books tells his his story, how he was born in a very poor family, dropped out of high school, served in the Navy and was kicked out, then how he spent almost 10 years doing absolutely nothing then he suddenly reads about a millionaire in the newspaper and decides to dedicate his coming years to become wealthy, and boy does he do it, with businesses in several industries, including ice cream vans (!!), a health care business that he took public, real estate, hotels, gyms...
What I also loved about the book is that he somehow talks about a concept similar to TheFastlane, he says with his businesses running without him due to smart delegation, he was able to enjoy his life to the fullest, he started charities and touched the lives of hundred of thousands of children around the world, he even tried to pursue a career as an actor.
This is one of my favorite books now, it's a very inspiring book telling a story of a man that no matter what, he lived his life to the fullest and he was successful at whatever he did, from poverty to the navy, to living 10 years jupming from a job to another and getting drunk & partying everyday, to starting a successful ice cream van business, and taking one of his companies public, to becoming an actor and a celebrity because he participated in Dragon's Den, he has done it ALL, what an inspiring man!
Oh and btw, I bought 2 copies of this book, I have 1 copy left that I don't use, if anyone doesn't wanna buy the book, I'd love to send it to ya, consider it a gift from a fellow FastLaner :smxB:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

lightning

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Aug 24, 2007
Northern, NJ
Sounds like a good read! :) Id love to check it out if you still have it!

Thanks for the heads up! Always looking for inspirational stories!

phade

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Feb 4, 2008
Hawaii
Sounds like a good read. His Dragon's Story video would likely complement the book well:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmhQHZUmcJ8&feature=PlayList&p=7EF3C50AA628E57A&index=0&playnext=1[/ame]

ITA

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
Dec 16, 2008
Hong Kong
I strongly recommend this book as well. It is very detailed and you can truly see that he started from nothing and HOW he got rich, step by step.

Forbes

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Jun 3, 2010
Thanks for the recommendation. I'm in the process of re-educating myself about success. This kind of book is what I want my life story to be like.

InMotion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Mar 18, 2011

Ben Middleton

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 26, 2011
This books bloody amazing, I don't normally read books but this one I don't want to ever put down. I was in waterstones looking at some Bios thinking bladebla remember picking it up looking over it quickly then putting it back on the shelf, picking up alan sugars and going to the checkout. At the checkout i asked for "richard bransons" Bio she said she'd run over n check quickly i followed, Picked this book back up and what a result, for some reason i ain't even bothered to pick up the alan sugar book yet.

Plus i quote Page 70
Being that it took a few weeks for each resident to be processed for voucher payments, the giros went straight to the claimant, which meant i had to be there for 7am to wait for the postman and intercept, If i'd have stayed in bed I'd of never got paid.

Yes you'll normally find me waiting ages at propertys for the damn postman so the tenants can't steal there checks and run off. :)

DustinG

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Mar 28, 2011
Really? I'm not finding this book available in the Amazon Kindle Store. You sure you bought the same book?

Deeyennay

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
3%
May 30, 2011
Netherlands
Finished the book a few days ago. It is just amazing.
I'd recommend this book to anyone looking for inspiration and motivation.

santa

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Jul 15, 2011
UK
Probably my favourite biography for an entrepreneur. Really good, he goes into good detail and there's lots of bits one can pick out of it.
He's also got another book with more detailed business advice.It's for the UK market, and anyone from the UK I'd highly recommend it, for elsewhere it's still valuable but obviously a little less so. It's called "Wake up and change your life"- and has got a lot of nuts and bolts business tips that I think complements Millionaire Fastlane really well.

Wake Up and Change Your Life: Amazon.co.uk: Duncan Bannatyne: Books

Amazon.com: Wake Up and Change Your Life (9780752882871): Duncan Bannatyne: Books

Also if you liked Bannatyne's autobiography, I'd recommend checking out James Caan's aswell. He's another one from the British Dragon's Den and very good as well ( I bought the audiobook of this which was read by him and I can definately recommend it if you like consuming books this way)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Real-Deal-Story-Brick-Dragons/dp/0753515091/ref=pd_sim_b_4

http://www.amazon.com/dp/1905264453/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.