I'll be purchasing my own home soon. The neighborhood I'm going into is much better then 5 years ago, but I would feel safer with a security system. Any recommendations? The only system I know of is ADT which my sister has. It did scare away 1 intruder.
Many of the homes I am looking at have bars on the windows. Leftover safety precautions from before the neighborhood was cleaned up. I think this detracts from the house and the neighborhood, not to mention is about as unsafe as can be. The homes are brick, I can't just smash through a wall in case of a fire and I don't want to scramble looking for keys in an emergency situation. I plan on removing any bars and putting in the security system. (Heck the bars might resell outside my future neighborhood).
Many of the homes I am looking at have bars on the windows. Leftover safety precautions from before the neighborhood was cleaned up. I think this detracts from the house and the neighborhood, not to mention is about as unsafe as can be. The homes are brick, I can't just smash through a wall in case of a fire and I don't want to scramble looking for keys in an emergency situation. I plan on removing any bars and putting in the security system. (Heck the bars might resell outside my future neighborhood).
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
