The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Any recommendation for QC inspector Ningbo area? a forwarder?

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
THX
Your best option is to contact the Chinese office of one of the very old-established inspection services. They are totally reliable, otherwise they wouldnt still be in business after 100 years or more.

I list them in my book, but here is one: SGS

They are based in Switzerland. Established in late 1800s. This link takes you direct to their China site.

Here is an extract from my book:
"I strongly encourage the use of inspection services for quality, safety, and legal compliance matters. I am here referring to the use of an inspection service for your own peace of mind, not as part of complying with Alibaba's Trade Assurance scheme.

Inspection services in China are multiplying rapidly and it is common on some business forums to see numerous Chinese individuals and sourcing services jumping on the bandwagon and offering their services.

The big question is how well do they do their job, how reliable are they and are they ethical? I will first deal with inspection businesses offering their services on B2B websites. I will use Alibaba as an example, because they have a huge number of listings for inspection services.

I did some research on a number of the multitude of Inspection Services listed on Alibaba, and found that many of them list a low fee that covers only a basic service, but they charge a lot more for a complete inspection service.

Inspection services in China are completely uncontrolled. Some of the services listed by Alibaba quote membership of bodies that I have never heard of. In effect their whole system relies entirely on trust."

Walter

Cruiser

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
Sep 28, 2014
Thank you Walter!
Can you recommend any other company besides SGS?

Your best option is to contact the Chinese office of one of the very old-established inspection services. They are totally reliable, otherwise they wouldnt still be in business after 100 years or more.

They are based in Switzerland. Established in late 1800s. This link takes you direct to their China site.

"I strongly encourage the use of inspection services for quality, safety, and legal compliance matters. I am here referring to the use of an inspection service for your own peace of mind, not as part of complying with Alibaba's Trade Assurance scheme.

Inspection services in China are multiplying rapidly and it is common on some business forums to see numerous Chinese individuals and sourcing services jumping on the bandwagon and offering their services.

The big question is how well do they do their job, how reliable are they and are they ethical? I will first deal with inspection businesses offering their services on B2B websites. I will use Alibaba as an example, because they have a huge number of listings for inspection services.

I did some research on a number of the multitude of Inspection Services listed on Alibaba, and found that many of them list a low fee that covers only a basic service, but they charge a lot more for a complete inspection service.

Inspection services in China are completely uncontrolled. Some of the services listed by Alibaba quote membership of bodies that I have never heard of. In effect their whole system relies entirely on trust."

Walter

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen

Walter

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
Can you recommend any other company besides SGS?
Bureau Veritas. http://www.bureauveritas.com/ Head office France, with offices worldwide. Established 1828.

TUV Rhineland. https://www.tuv.com/world/en Not to be confused with TUV SUD another substantial inspection service also based in Germany, but TUV SUD does not provide services for small importers. Both original TUVs were established in Germany in the late 1800s.

KRT Audit Corporation. http://www.krtinspect.com/ US based, with operations in 12 countries.

Walter

Cruiser

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
Sep 28, 2014
Bureau Veritas. http://www.bureauveritas.com/ Head office France, with offices worldwide. Established 1828.

TUV Rhineland. https://www.tuv.com/world/en Not to be confused with TUV SUD another substantial inspection service also based in Germany, but TUV SUD does not provide services for small importers. Both original TUVs were established in Germany in the late 1800s.

KRT Audit Corporation. http://www.krtinspect.com/ US based, with operations in 12 countries.

Walter
Thanks Walter, you are the man!

Cruiser

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
Sep 28, 2014
I just got these quotes, sharing for everybody to know how much PSI costs:

from KRT:
Our China shipment inspection rate is US$295, but new customers receive a one-time, US$100 new customer discount, which reduces that rate to just US$195. After your first inspection, we can offer you an on-going discounted rate of only US$265.

And this from SGS:
Inspection level ll, sample size 200pcs, 1 man-day USD330 + travelling fee USD30 + VAT 6% = USD381.6

David Foster

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Apr 4, 2022
THX
I work with a QC inspector and he's in Shanghai but we are working on a project with a factory in Ningbo. I'd be happy to recommend him and his business, he's done amazing work for me over the last 6-7 years or so.

I'm brand new here so I don't know the rules about providing information like that. Maybe you can send me a private message?

David

Cruiser

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
Sep 28, 2014
I work with a QC inspector and he's in Shanghai but we are working on a project with a factory in Ningbo. I'd be happy to recommend him and his business, he's done amazing work for me over the last 6-7 years or so.

I'm brand new here so I don't know the rules about providing information like that. Maybe you can send me a private message?

David
Thanks David, I appreciate that, but I already contracted KRT.

enoch

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jun 13, 2022
I suggest you choose a well-known company, I am Chinese and I know the style of work Chinese. Many people prioritize their own profits when working. Joining the factory gave him enough money that he would ignore some of the defective products.
As a Chinese, I don't like to do that. Be honest with your words.

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
Thanks David, I appreciate that, but I already contracted KRT.
Very sensible. You will not do better. KRT will definitely have your interests in mind when they do the inspection and provide you with a report.

Walter

Last edited:

Cruiser

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
Sep 28, 2014
Very sensible. You will not do better. KRT will definitely have your interests in mind whent do the inspection and provide you with a report.

Walter
Very satisfied with their service.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!