The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Any Facebook Page Owners That Make Money ?

Marketing, social media, advertising

ZMan26

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Mar 13, 2016
Sunny Florida
Hi guys

I started a facebook page in some niche im mainly uploading pictures and videos and trying to get more likes, im gaining around 50-70 likes a day [ I take a lot of action building this page]

I'm thinking after I get to a nice amount of traffic i'll build a website and monetize the traffic.

Any tips & tricks from veterans who did that already ? how to grow the page faster ? how to monetize later ? share your success story to motivate me so i'll know im not wasting my time ? anything will be appreciated .

You guys rock !

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

illmasterj

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Jan 19, 2016
1360m
Keep it simple!

1. Build audience.
2. Push them to whatever your "goal" is.

The goal could either be your website selling products, subscription, affiliate sales, etc.

...if anyone is interested in a FB car niche page with 25,000 likes (never paid a cent) and great engagement, enquire within. ;)

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed
I have about 50 pages in multiple niches. I've made 6 figures off them too.

My content is automated that generates about 500-800 likes a week on the biggest pages. My ads do the rest.

The easiest way to grow your page is copy someone in your niche. Just swipe their content and spin it. Post similar types of images too.

ZMan26

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Mar 13, 2016
Sunny Florida

My content is automated that generates about 500-800 likes a week on the biggest pages. My ads do the rest.

The easiest way to grow your page is copy someone in your niche. Just swipe their content and spin it. Post similar types of images too.

thats awesome bro thanks for the info

Chris90120

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Oct 17, 2014

You would have had to pay for boost posting to gain traction though wouldn't you?

Sent from my F1f using Tapatalk

Chris90120

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Oct 17, 2014
Keep it simple!

1. Build audience.
2. Push them to whatever your "goal" is.

The goal could either be your website selling products, subscription, affiliate sales, etc.

...if anyone is interested in a FB car niche page with 25,000 likes (never paid a cent) and great engagement, enquire within. ;)
Just out of curiosity how long did it take you to build that audience? These days it's much harder. I'm having to pay to boost every Post.

Sent from my F1f using Tapatalk

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
518%
May 29, 2013
I know a lot of people doing this.

I dabbled in it some, but quit.

Most people I know are either doing some kind of ecom/freeshipping model on a website via Aliexpress and then pushing the product to a FB fan page around that audience

OR

They are building up an audience, doing some big crazy giveaway, and then sending people to a page with Adsense ads ( no joke ) after the giveaway process is done. They also email them afterward with other deals and such too. The main guy I know doing this is doing about $4k a month in Adsense alone, not sure how much he makes on his emails afterward though. He only spends $600 a month, if that, on the contest. This is with just 1 of his FB pages.

Most people doing these 2 methods above have at least 5 pages. Many have more.

I'm sure people are doing more things than just this though. I am just telling you what the most recent fad is atm with my examples above.

IGP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Aug 24, 2015

I call bullshit on this!

Spinning other people's content and automating posting pics isn't going to get you 500-800 likes a week.

Not to mention your reach would be so bad that you wouldn't make any money because less than 1% of your fans would even see that garbage, much less share it.

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed
I call bullshit on this!

Spinning other people's content and automating posting pics isn't going to get you 500-800 likes a week.

Not to mention your reach would be so bad that you wouldn't make any money because less than 1% of your fans would even see that garbage, much less share it.

Call it what you want. I actually do research on the content that I curate.

Go take a look in FB traffic groups. There are guys getting 1m reach off pure organic traffic. You can get it but it's tougher than it was.

And if you've read what I posted in the past. I make money off paid ads. Not organic reach. Who's got time for that?

IGP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Aug 24, 2015
Call it what you want. I actually do research on the content that I curate.

Go take a look in FB traffic groups. There are guys getting 1m reach off pure organic traffic. You can get it but it's tougher than it was.

And if you've read what I posted in the past. I make money off paid ads. Not organic reach. Who's got time for that?

So, a second a go it was automated, spun content and now you research it?

You should change your forum name to "Midas"... It appears everything you touch turns to gold! :rolleyes:

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed
So, a second a go it was automated, spun content and now you research it?

You should change your forum name to "Midas"... It appears everything you touch turns to gold! :rolleyes:

You really need to get out of the Slowlane. I thought that was the point of this forum?

Anyway, I never said "I spin" content. You did. And what I mean by "researching pages" is that I look around FB for the best pages in my niches. I look at engagement, likes, comments etc and then add it to my automation process. It's the paid ads that generates the most followers. Organic reach doesn't do much for me. That 500-800 likes per week is on my biggest pages (50K+). Most get very little organic reach if any.

I'm happy with my name. It was given to me by parents and it's real.

ZMan26

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Mar 13, 2016
Sunny Florida
You really need to get out of the Slowlane. I thought that was the point of this forum?

Anyway, I never said "I spin" content. You did. And what I mean by "researching pages" is that I look around FB for the best pages in my niches. I look at engagement, likes, comments etc and then add it to my automation process. It's the paid ads that generates the most followers. Organic reach doesn't do much for me. That 500-800 likes per week is on my biggest pages (50K+). Most get very little organic reach if any.

I'm happy with my name. It was given to me by parents and it's real.
so basically

1. Create a post with some awesome content
2. Use facebook ads
3. make money

can you tell me more on phase 2 please ? like how much would you spend on a post? how do you pick your target audience ? how to create the ads effective ?

thanks man

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed
so basically

1. Create a post with some awesome content
2. Use facebook ads
3. make money

can you tell me more on phase 2 please ? like how much would you spend on a post? how do you pick your target audience ? how to create the ads effective ?

thanks man

I'll do a post on it tomorrow. I'm heading to bed. It's 23:35 here.

Dylan Curran

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Aug 10, 2016
Ireland
I'm curious about this too, would it be a case of taking generic images (quotes, motivational, funny), plastering it all over a page, and then paying for ads on the content?

Slowly building an audience with this would be good, and with some viral images would be a sure-fire way to garner easy reach. How would you go about getting the right kind of people to monetise your own content and ads too though?

I could see it being very easy to waste the money on the wrong kind of ads and just having a dead page filled with non-interactive likes. It seems almost too simple.

I'd love to see the opinions of a few people who have experience with the generation of viral Facebook pages and thus monetisation of it, as I have wondered about this for a long time, but haven't really figured out how you would go about it.

HoneyBadger

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
201%
Jul 14, 2016
Florida

illmasterj

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Jan 19, 2016
1360m
Just out of curiosity how long did it take you to build that audience? These days it's much harder. I'm having to pay to boost every Post.

In 2014. The audience still grows but it has definitely slowed down.

Dylan Curran

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Aug 10, 2016
Ireland
I have started a motivation/success Facebook and Twitter which I will post my favourite quotes a few times a day, gonna use Sendible to schedule posts so that I can work for an hour one day a week and have a week's worth of posts that will post without any effort of my own. I will also sponsor perhaps two particularly viral-esque/generic images a week catered towards english-speaking people with entrepreneurship/fitness and well-being interests.

I've only just found out when people like one of your posts, you can then invite them to like your page. After sponsoring one image, it's gotten around 100 likes in a few hours, and I have invited every liker(likee?) to like the page.

I'm looking forward to this project, and with a few little Facebook tricks (giveaways, tag a friend, etc) I can see this page really taking off. Twitter is a little harder to manipulate but hey that's the point of a project.

If I can get this page to a good point by January, hopefully 25,000-30,000 likes, I can then use it promote other interests, such as a success-orientated blog or perhaps an e-book, but essentially it's a brand with which I can leverage other projects that would normally be hard to get off the ground.

Dylan Curran

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Aug 10, 2016
Ireland
Has anyone figured out a way to automate this?

I don't believe so, on the old Facebook pages every invite button was an object in CSS and they all had the same name, so you could use an easy Javascript loop to cycle through all the objects with the same name and simply click them, which was what the Invite All Friends script was.

Inviting people who have liked your post is a relatively new element, so Facebook have started randomising the names of every invite CSS object, so there's no viable way to create a loop that cycles through the invite buttons specifically because now they're all unique from one another.

I'm guessing Facebook got this from Instagram when they bought them, because Instagram have been doing it on their web version for a while now I believe, so that you can't auto-follow or auto-unfollow easily.

It's annoying for people trying to grow their pages, but understandable in the long run as I assume Facebook/Instagram don't want their main user base consistently bothered by too many notifications (yet they don't mind giving me 4 birthday notifications a day of someone I haven't talked to in 7 years).

Last edited:

IGP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Aug 24, 2015
I don't believe so, on the old Facebook pages every invite button was an object in CSS and they all had the same name, so you could use an easy Javascript loop to cycle through all the objects with the same name and simply click them, which was what the Invite All Friends script was.

Inviting people who have liked your page is a relatively new element, so Facebook have started randomising the names of every invite CSS object, so there's no viable way to create a loop that cycles through the invite buttons specifically because now they're all unique from one another.

I'm guessing Facebook got this from Instagram when they bought them, because Instagram have been doing it on their web version for a while now I believe, so that you can't auto-follow or auto-unfollow easily.

It's annoying for people trying to grow their pages, but understandable in the long run as I assume Facebook/Instagram don't want their main user base consistently bothered by too many notifications (yet they don't mind giving me 4 birthday notifications a day of someone I haven't talked to in 7 years).

I bet you could do it with ubot in about 5 minutes!

devine

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Apr 16, 2015
Russia
Not fb, but our native social network. Here we do this kind of business different from how it's done on FB, I'd say this kind of business is dead on FB, compared to VK.

I had about 40-50 pages in last 7 years, from fitness oriented pages, music blogs, conceptual story-telling and memeplaces, to "somewhat illegal" stuff, business consulting, SMM and etc.
The number of likes means nothing, it's an empty metric. Shares is the only one that is important from basic metrics. The more shares you have the faster you grow.

If you just started, I'd consider buying fake followers, likes and shares using offer system ("people" who seem real, but they are not, because they are just accounts created for this exact purpose: follow, like, share), until you have at least a few thousands of them. Because when you advertise your page you'll have a much bigger following compared to when you advertise a page with ~1000 followers or even less. People just don't want to follow such pages.

Advertise only after you have some solid following, this is a very long term business.

Dylan Curran

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Aug 10, 2016
Ireland
Not fb, but our native social network. Here we do this kind of business different from how it's done on FB, I'd say this kind of business is dead on FB, compared to VK.

I had about 40-50 pages in last 7 years, from fitness oriented pages, music blogs, conceptual story-telling and memeplaces, to "somewhat illegal" stuff, business consulting, SMM and etc.
The number of likes means nothing, it's an empty metric. Shares is the only one that is important from basic metrics. The more shares you have the faster you grow.

If you just started, I'd consider buying fake followers, likes and shares using offer system ("people" who seem real, but they are not, because they are just accounts created for this exact purpose: follow, like, share), until you have at least a few thousands of them. Because when you advertise your page you'll have a much bigger following compared to when you advertise a page with ~1000 followers or even less. People just don't want to follow such pages.

Advertise only after you have some solid following, this is a very long term business.

Could you expand on buying fake followers? I've thought about this myself, growing organically from zero in 2016 is next to, if not, impossible. Spending some money and having the leverage of a 'big' page would be very useful!

IGP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Aug 24, 2015
Could you expand on buying fake followers? I've thought about this myself, growing organically from zero in 2016 is next to, if not, impossible. Spending some money and having the leverage of a 'big' page would be very useful!

Do yourself a favor and stop wasting time on this drivel!

You don't want fake followers What good could that possibly do?

1. Your reach will be terrible
2. Your paid ads will cost more due to low engagement
3. Your look-a-like audiences will suck

Trust me... this shit is so 2010!

Don't waste your time looking for shortcuts!

devine

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Apr 16, 2015
Russia
A) Last summer we tried to grow a conceptual community naturally, advertising it in other communities we own. Things were going quite good and we managed to make ~80k of followers within a month. There were 4 of us, putting a lot of effort and time on daily basis - all content was original (usually people steal content from somewhere else). 80k is still a small community on our scale btw.

B) But we also had another page which we didn't have a lot of time to manage, so we just bought some offers (about 7k + likes and shares here and there), made some original content sticky and copied everything else, then started buying ad spots from other pages. Comments were turned off, so engagement was literally zero.

I'll let you guess how much faster the page B has grown.
You can multiply your best guess by 2 right away.

Last edited:

devine

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Apr 16, 2015
Russia
Do yourself a favor and stop wasting time on this drivel!

You don't want fake followers What good could that possibly do?

1. Your reach will be terrible
2. Your paid ads will cost more due to low engagement
3. Your look-a-like audiences will suck

Trust me... this shit is so 2010!

Don't waste your time looking for shortcuts!
1. On such stage you don't need to worry about reach.
2.a Your engagement will be high due to offers, if you don't know what is it - learn about it first.
2.b You primarily buy ads in other communities, you pay what you agreed on.
3. Again, learn about offers.

It was always like that and it always will be, due to human psychology.

Last edited:

IGP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Aug 24, 2015
1. On such stage you don't need to worry about reach.
2.a Your engagement will be high due to offers, if you don't know what is it - learn about it first.
2.b You primarily buy ads in other communities, you pay what you agreed on.
3. Again, learn about offers.

It was always like that and it always will be, due to human psychology.

Sigh... I've wasted enough of my time in this thread...

Learn about offers? lol.. okay!

Good luck gents!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.