The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Ants

M&T

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Oct 2, 2007
Hershey, Pa.
Today I got home and decided to sit on the deck for a-while. It was a beautiful day and I needed to reflect! As people in our community started coming home from work I thought of something really funny. We live at the top of our communnity. I can see down thoughout the neighborhood. I also have the main road behind us, to see people driving home at the end of a long work day.
The thing that's funny is they remind me of ants!Everyone rushes home. Then you see them doing some quick work outside.Today many mowed their lawns quickly and went in for dinner. Then they came back out to finish up a few things and then it was tv time!
Don't get me wrong. I have plenty of business to take care of but it's my business on my schedule. My schedule has completely changed from when I was an employee.
Back to the ants.It is almost like an ebb and flow. You see people come and go and they all assume this is the way it is supposed to be.The status-quo.People ask me what I do and I tell them. Then almost without fail they say " I would love to invest in real estate". My reply - do it! And they ask a million questions, that I answer. I will even loan out a book or two. Give phone numbers of my team and contacts. But it always ends the same.They do absolutley nothing.
I am not putting my fellow neighbors down.... But I watch as people's lives go on and I think; if I led a life and never stuck my neck out. Or never went for it; I would want to be put out of my misery!!!!!!!!!!!I can still fall flat on my face, but at least I tried.They have all kinds of excuses. 'Well so and so is starting soccer and we have to drive them to practice". "My wife is pregnant"." My husband is the coach for our son's team".Yada yada yada....
Ants form a community. They do work and never ask why!Everyday it is the same. They do the work to survive. People are not much different. Ants go through it day after day and just get by. People for the most part are the same.When they see someone succeed they feel they must put them down. I guess that is a way of making themselves feel better for not accomplishing.Like I said I am not putting anyone down but an ordinary existance I just can't take.
Ants follow little trails through the dirt- like a drive to work for most people.They take the same way everytime.Reminds me of a rut.
I know the people on this forum are go getters. We are the 5% of the world that wants to go for it. I guess I'm saying don't be an ant; be the kid with the magnifing glass on a sunny day sitting on his deck.

disclaimer: " No ants were harmed in this post"

:smx9:

M&T....

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

WheelsRCool

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Aug 12, 2007
Yeppers, in "Richistan," the author calls it the "Overachieving Overclass" and the "Workaholic Wealthy."

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.