The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Another mini step to success !

Eetunga

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
233%
Mar 5, 2019
Germany
Hello everyone! Hello @MJ DeMarco!

Thank you very much for having me! My name is Thomas (The nickname was already taken :( ) I am currently 26 and turning 27 pretty soon. Living in Germany. I would call myself, after listening to both books, a fast sidewalker. However, I want to drive the fast lane and keep driving it till the end!

I am currently absolving a dual study in computer economics science. This is a special form to study here in Germany. I am working for a company and therefore receiving a salary. Furthermore, they are covering all my study expenses. It is a great way to study.

I have studied math before. Canceled it pretty far during my study. I wanted more. I did not want to live the unscripted life. I could not tell what or why. I believe today it was due to social media. However, I could not put my finger on it. And all my attempts to break out of the script got denied by my family. Especially my mother. Sentences like: "At least finish your study!"; "What happens when you fail?!"; "You can't just do whatever you want."; "How do you explain the gap in your CV"... (I could go on for quite some time.)

To abbreviate, I got depressed, canceled my study, moved, took a break for half a year and started to read books to find something. I got hooked into personal development. One of the best things I have found was the collection by Jim Rohn. Big recommendations. You can find his ultimate collection on audible for 10 bucks. Pure value in my opinion.

However, I decided to earn some money and wanted to study again. This was the best option I have had at this time. The Slowlane is better than the Sidewalk. I wanted to dig further into books and search for the answer I was looking for. I have learned that one has to provide value. That one has to serve the masses. But how?

Anyhow, I have found the booth books by pure accident and it was the best thing that ever happened to me. The millionaire fast lane was exactly the book I was searching for. And I believe that the combination of both books is just unbeatable at the moment. And this forum is the cherry on the top.

Okay. So what am I going to do? I have literally no clue. But I am excited to find my road.

Let me end my introduction with my reasoning for registering to the Fast Lane Forum. I want to add massive value to all of you! I want to archive this being transparent and honest. Furthermore, I want to learn. A lot. This is one more mini step to my fast lane.

Feel free to ask me any questions! I am going to start reading Principle by Ray Dalio and call it a day pretty soon. Going to tell my why/motivation pretty soon.

Again! Thank you very much for having me! Looking forward to being a part of this community!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Bhanu

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Oct 23, 2017
Hi Thomas,

Welcome to the forum . Consider yourself very lucky to have read both books from MJ and then finding this forum .
Just find a simple idea which fulfill all the CENTS commandment and execute it to the best of your capability . You will be on a fastlane before you know it .

All the best !!

Bhanu

JLST

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Feb 11, 2019
Hey Thomas,

Welcome to the forum!
I'm quite new here as well and I liked reading your introduction.
I sure will check out the collection by Jim Rohn which you suggest, looks interesting.
It also sounds familiar what you are describing about getting denied by family.
I'm also working out my plan to get out of the scripted life, but my parents call me crazy if I would ever quit the 9 to 5 job I have.
But that's why we have this forum! The exact motivation we need!

Good luck with finding your road!

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
Hi Thomas, thanks for sharing your story. If you haven't already, start checking out the gold threads.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...