The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Another Corona Idea Thread - Homeoffice Training for employers

Idea threads

Benedict

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Nov 16, 2019
A friend of mine had the situation in their IT company, that the boss wasn't open to homeoffice and feared that employess would stop working/ work less efficient when they are working from home.

Had the idea to sell them a

"HomeOffice Training"
Boosting efficiency of workpower when in Homeoffice.
Consulting and training for the employees, maybe in group of fives, giving them quick and direct advice on how to be efficient when working from home + questions and interventions in personal (via Skype).

Control: total control of the business, because it's promoted directly. Only service needed is Skype or other platforms.
Entry: One could write an offer, sending it out to all the companies in the citiy.
Of course you need some track record or credibility markers why you have expert knowledge and experience in it.
I am rank #1 on my cities google results for trainer and coach for businesses.
Need: Business struggle during the crisis, people are sent to homeoffice. Maybe employees don't feel the need, but (at least in the case of my friends boss) some employers fear a lack of productivity when employees are in HO.
Time: Works especially in the short term, when Corona is going on in the world. Direct involvement with the clients/ employees. So, I guess, time isn't given (in CENTS means) - could at least work to get a food into the door of companies.
Scale: For now, not scalable, unless put in a training course or delegate to other trainers. Maybe long term.

Maybe someone else can make use of it. Just wanted to share it in the first place. Discussion welcomed.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

Deleted74925

Great opportunistic thinking. What new needs are not being met today? The number of remote workers just skyrocketed over a week. This will continue for the next few weeks.

That being said, most people know what they should be doing but don't do it. Should I be on this forum right now or doing more productive things? Probably. Employers need compliance not training.

guidaccio05

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Dec 8, 2019
Berlin
I had this idea a while, I think it is great! If you make it really scientifically based and prove clear increases in productivity, then you have a solid one.

How would you create the content for the training? Perhaps you could interview top freelancers that work from home and create a program out of it. Lmk if you need someone to bounce ideas off of.

Benedict

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Nov 16, 2019
Thanks guys for the replies!

The idea developed:
I am currently writing a Onepager with pracitcal tipps and advice how to be more productive/ efficient in HO. Adding my Logo and contact details. Want to send it directly to the business owners with just a few lines like...

"hey, <something about the current situation and their problem>, <a few word about my credibility and what I do>.
Wanted to drop you this to pass on to your employees, maybe it helps in those times. If you need more help with HO Training,....just let me know. Here is my number, just in case you need it 25946486"

If they think the Onepager is valuable and useful, they may keep me in mind and ask me for follow up offers.

Thinking about whether I add the offer of a paid training/ consulting or if I leave the first email just like that and see if they respond and want further information about Courses/Trainings/ Consultings - or maybe just get them on the phone and find out about their problems.

Want to send this in a first approach to 10-20 businesses on monday morning and then improve, design and send in different approaches (like A/B/C... testing)

@guidaccio05 Really like the idea of interviewing top freelancers to have some credibility markers and also improve the value of the training/ course. Great ideas!

@SamHalen - Good point there. I thought about adding some productivity tipps on how to avoid distractions.

guidaccio05

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Dec 8, 2019
Berlin
Thanks guys for the replies!

The idea developed:
I am currently writing a Onepager with pracitcal tipps and advice how to be more productive/ efficient in HO. Adding my Logo and contact details. Want to send it directly to the business owners with just a few lines like...

"hey, <something about the current situation and their problem>, <a few word about my credibility and what I do>.
Wanted to drop you this to pass on to your employees, maybe it helps in those times. If you need more help with HO Training,....just let me know. Here is my number, just in case you need it 25946486"

If they think the Onepager is valuable and useful, they may keep me in mind and ask me for follow up offers.

Thinking about whether I add the offer of a paid training/ consulting or if I leave the first email just like that and see if they respond and want further information about Courses/Trainings/ Consultings - or maybe just get them on the phone and find out about their problems.

Want to send this in a first approach to 10-20 businesses on monday morning and then improve, design and send in different approaches (like A/B/C... testing)

@guidaccio05 Really like the idea of interviewing top freelancers to have some credibility markers and also improve the value of the training/ course. Great ideas!

@SamHalen - Good point there. I thought about adding some productivity tipps on how to avoid distractions.
I like the message! Here is what I would write based on what you wrote and the countless cold emails I've sent in my previous B2B Saas SDR role. Feel free to steal this :)

Email 1
"Hello (name),

In the midst of this pandemic, companies have had to adapt to remote working conditions, which may lead to lower productivity temporarily.

So, in the spirit of contributing, I decided to create this resource for companies like yours to improve the productivity of your employees and morale while working from home. It is based on the most updated scientific papers on the topic.

I'd love to hear your opinion on the piece and if you see value in it you could perhaps share it with your employees.

Best,
Benedict"

Email 2 (reply to email 1)
"Hello (name),

After speaking with multiple CEOs in your industry, it seems that remote work productivity has proven difficult to implement effectively.

Did you perhaps take a look at the guide I sent you in my previous email? I think the research of the recommendations is solid and could help your employees reach an even higher level of productivity.

To help companies in the (industry) industry deal with a lack of remote work productivity in employees, I decided to schedule 1-on-1 short webinars with leaders like yourself.

The intent is to take the scientific research on remote work productivity and create a personalized framework for your employees. Would you be open to a short webinar?

Best,
Benedict"

Hope it helps :)

Benedict

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Nov 16, 2019
Hey guys, hi @guidaccio05 ,

so the last few days were pretty work intense:

Wrote, fine tuned, formatted and released the Homeoffice guide. In the end I had to make it two pages instead of one. But it looks nice, so far. I might give it to a designer or improve the design later on. For the run, it is okay.

I also wrote the text for the emails.

Then I added a B2B page to my Coaching website + added content to it. It is designed for "normal" times - not like Corona-times. So I added a BIG RED BANNER on top of the page that says something like:

News: Corona and Homeoffice
Many employers had to send their employees into homeoffice. They wonder, if that will work for them or if productivity will crash.

I want to contribute to us, the local businesses in our city, to manage this situation as good as possible. That's is why I wrote this guide on how efficient work is possible in Homeoffice for you and your employees.

Feel free to share it with your employees and use it.

<download>
<share buttons>

If you need help, just let me know.

All the best, stay well.
Your Coach, Benedict

More or less, this was my email text I used to send the guide directly. I only added a few details + credibility markers about myself in it.

After I had all this together (actually also before), I looked up the local companies in my city. Just opened a excel sheet and started copy-pasting email addresses into it.

Then I shot out the first 10, then the next 10 and the next 10. In total: 30 sent today.

Unfortunately I didn't take/ had the time to look up the relevant persons to address in the emails. So I used a universal phrase like "Dear ladies and Gentleman".

------------------------

I used different copy, subjects for each of the blocks of 10 mails. And I varied to add a link to the pdf in the mails because I am not sure if spam or anti-virus software blocks pdfs in emails in certain companies.

For leads 21-30 I used your email copy @guidaccio05 - thanks so much! Really like the vibe of it.

Will see results and go on sending mails out tomorrow.

-----------------------

I am wondering: I sent mails through my domain hoster. I also have an active campaign account going - does it make a difference to use AC in terms of spam rate etc? Will use AC tomorrow for the next 30 mails - tracking opening rates and easy A/B testing is worth a try.

-----------------------

Will keep you updated. Thanks for the support!

PS: I am very sorry, that I cannot copy the guide, mail copy etc. here. It is written in German so I first have to translate it into English. Maybe I can do that this week, at least the Homeoffice guide.

guidaccio05

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Dec 8, 2019
Berlin
Hey guys, hi @guidaccio05 ,

so the last few days were pretty work intense:

Wrote, fine tuned, formatted and released the Homeoffice guide. In the end I had to make it two pages instead of one. But it looks nice, so far. I might give it to a designer or improve the design later on. For the run, it is okay.

I also wrote the text for the emails.

Then I added a B2B page to my Coaching website + added content to it. It is designed for "normal" times - not like Corona-times. So I added a BIG RED BANNER on top of the page that says something like:

News: Corona and Homeoffice
Many employers had to send their employees into homeoffice. They wonder, if that will work for them or if productivity will crash.

I want to contribute to us, the local businesses in our city, to manage this situation as good as possible. That's is why I wrote this guide on how efficient work is possible in Homeoffice for you and your employees.

Feel free to share it with your employees and use it.

<download>
<share buttons>

If you need help, just let me know.

All the best, stay well.
Your Coach, Benedict

More or less, this was my email text I used to send the guide directly. I only added a few details + credibility markers about myself in it.

After I had all this together (actually also before), I looked up the local companies in my city. Just opened a excel sheet and started copy-pasting email addresses into it.

Then I shot out the first 10, then the next 10 and the next 10. In total: 30 sent today.

Unfortunately I didn't take/ had the time to look up the relevant persons to address in the emails. So I used a universal phrase like "Dear ladies and Gentleman".

------------------------

I used different copy, subjects for each of the blocks of 10 mails. And I varied to add a link to the pdf in the mails because I am not sure if spam or anti-virus software blocks pdfs in emails in certain companies.

For leads 21-30 I used your email copy @guidaccio05 - thanks so much! Really like the vibe of it.

Will see results and go on sending mails out tomorrow.

-----------------------

I am wondering: I sent mails through my domain hoster. I also have an active campaign account going - does it make a difference to use AC in terms of spam rate etc? Will use AC tomorrow for the next 30 mails - tracking opening rates and easy A/B testing is worth a try.

-----------------------

Will keep you updated. Thanks for the support!

PS: I am very sorry, that I cannot copy the guide, mail copy etc. here. It is written in German so I first have to translate it into English. Maybe I can do that this week, at least the Homeoffice guide.
Glad that it helped!

For cold emails I would recommend sending from work email to work email. So benedict@remoteworkconsulting.bla to john@businessthatneedshelp.com

If you don't have a work email I recommend using your personal @gmail.

I don't recommend using a ESP like Active Campaign because they usually don't allow for cold email campaigns and it may trigger the spam signals getting you blacklisted.

If you want to automate the process while personalizing the message even if only the email address, then you can use Yet Another Mail Merge with Google Sheets. It's free and tracks delivered, bounces, opens, and replies.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.