The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

And It's A Hello From Him

B V Marlon

Connecting Dots
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
201%
Oct 29, 2016
UK
Hi, my name is Martin and I thought it was about time that I introduced myself. I'm from the UK, I've been lurking here since June and thought it's about time to start giving back. You'll have noticed me cropping up over the last week, or so, trying to help where I can.

Before I discovered the book, and then this incredible forum, I left the world of Employment back in February, with what rapidly turned out to be an ill-conceived business idea. I fell a bit into the trap of thinking what people wanted, instead of finding out what they really wanted. It also wouldn't quite work as planned for technical reasons. I then tried something else, in the same sort of area, but that was also a non-starter as the market was far too niche. Fortunately I'm quite risk averse, so haven't piled a huge amount of money into anything so far.

I then moved onto the current business, which sells a couple of products. It's slowly gaining traction, but I now know that it's too small a market to be truly Fastlane (or even provide a reasonable living). One thing I've definitely been guilty of is thinking way too small and I've also allowed myself to be distracted by 'shiny object syndrome' along the way.

So with current business slowly working away, with a few tweaks here and there, I'm now moving towards other things, now that I've read the book and countless threads in this forum. A big part of what I'm currently doing is working on myself to make sure that the next business idea will of sufficient magnitude and executed properly. I've also come to appreciate over the last month or so that mindset really is everything and I've made a lot of progress in that area over the last month. To the point where I know I'm ready to press on.

Fortunately we can get by on my wife's salary, she's very understanding and believes that I can make it. It's great that she sees that we can make some sacrifices now for a much better future in the long term and her belief in me also gives me the motivation to make sure that I succeed. The temptation to go back to the slowlane is there, but I'm increasingly determined not to.

Thanks for reading my little essay - see you around the forum.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...