The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

An Unconditioned Mind Cannot Handle Greatness.

Anything related to matters of the mind

River McTasney

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Mar 13, 2019
So one of my good friends is going through a bad time. (A break up). She is understandably in a victim mindset saying things like, “I’m unhappy because I have let so many shitty people into my life and ended up in so many unfair situations”. You know the typical. Considering I have recently been through and recovered from a familiar situation I came up with a response that I think accurately describes my beliefs now.

Now I’m not trying to debate or push religious beliefs (fill in with the higher power you believe in.) I am just stating what I believe now. I believe my response can be applied to many things and more importantly I know this opportunity just opened my eyes. I figured I’d share and see the forum’s thoughts.

My response was as follows:

“An unconditioned mind cannot handle greatness. I think God knows this. Ever heard of a great kid/person that was raised easy?
He gives us the free will to respond to the condition of our situation. He says nothing about not giving the condition to respond to.
I ask for greatness, he gives it, but it does not come without the hardships it demands. It’s time we humans stop asking why and start saying thank you for what makes us who we are.”

I ended the conversation by stating, “pastures grow back greener by burning them in the winter when they are brown.”

I’m new here and I have yet to bring some kind of value to the forum. Maybe something of value can come from this.

I live by what my mother says, “take what you can learn from it and do away with the rest.” That being said I understand I am young and have much to learn. Let’s learn.

Thanks,
Riv

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

River McTasney

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Mar 13, 2019
I
So one of my good friends is going through a bad time. (A break up). She is understandably in a victim mindset saying things like, “I’m unhappy because I have let so many shitty people into my life and ended up in so many unfair situations”. You know the typical. Considering I have recently been through and recovered from a familiar situation I came up with a response that I think accurately describes my beliefs now.

Now I’m not trying to debate or push religious beliefs (fill in with the higher power you believe in.) I am just stating what I believe now. I believe my response can be applied to many things and more importantly I know this opportunity just opened my eyes. I figured I’d share and see the forum’s thoughts.

My response was as follows:

“An unconditioned mind cannot handle greatness. I think God knows this. Ever heard of a great kid/person that was raised easy?
He gives us the free will to respond to the condition of our situation. He says nothing about not giving the condition to respond to.
I ask for greatness, he gives it, but it does not come without the hardships it demands. It’s time we humans stop asking why and start saying thank you for what makes us who we are.”

I ended the conversation by stating, “pastures grow back greener by burning them in the winter when they are brown.”

I’m new here and I have yet to bring some kind of value to the forum. Maybe something of value can come from this.

I live by what my mother says, “take what you can learn from it and do away with the rest.” That being said I understand I am young and have much to learn. Let’s learn.

Thanks,
Riv

I want add a little more to the last sentence of the first quote, “it’s time us humans stop asking why and start saying thank you for what makes us who we are and who we are to become.”

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.