The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

An introduction - Old school versus new school

FNAM

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
800%
Mar 23, 2018
Vancouver
Hello

I am an "old school Mechanical Designer" with (gasp) 35 years of uninterrupted work history developing and creating products in a variety of industries.

yet after helping develop all these technologies I am near the end with essentially nothing

Currently im busting a$$ working two different stints in Clean energy and forest industry as a "consultant" working harder for a lot less I made in 1995! this includes performing my tasks like a 25 year old with a rabid sense of urgency to get the stuff done!

As i slowly wake up from the fog of change and getting past all the "new realities" I have come to realize "wholy shxxt" what a mess

after eagerly gobbling up "unscripted ' the more I read the more I felt like the ultimate "fxxktard" all I can say is "wholy crap batman" where did the life go!

So at this point "stop the whining" has hit me and "time to move on" has risen to the top..So Im telling myself 'look around" and what do I see...yup..."unscripted " hit the nail on the head perfectly.

I am seeing other "post war baby boomers" wake from the fog too and realize that the world changed while we were stuck in the paradigm of 1995 you know when we had a salary,, plus bonus, plus car allowance plus rrsp matching plus 100 percent medical dental....!

So I am calling all old school Techies and seeing how they are seeing the world and thinking about the next steps to the future?...like "micro manufacturing" or anything else that their experience and gut feel is for a viable future!

because for me it isn't retiring with the pension plan...nope...its an all out effort to "nail" the next thing .......anybody got any great ideas!

Anyway hope I am not coming off to "ranty" just splashing cold water on my face and red pilling as much as possible to a 'new school way of thinking"

So lets "new school the situation and get on with it - because I just ran our of time...:)

Thanks for listening

FNAM

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
uninterrupted work history developing and creating products in a variety of industries.

In all this time, did you ever think, "Damn, if I did this for myself, I could be making my self rich!"

Sounds likes your skill sets give you a great advantage in the realm of creation, very Fastlane.

Welcome aboard and thanks for the intro. Glad Unscripted resonated.

XxThelionxX

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 26, 2017
Texas
Hello

I am an "old school Mechanical Designer" with (gasp) 35 years of uninterrupted work history developing and creating products in a variety of industries.

yet after helping develop all these technologies I am near the end with essentially nothing

Currently im busting a$$ working two different stints in Clean energy and forest industry as a "consultant" working harder for a lot less I made in 1995! this includes performing my tasks like a 25 year old with a rabid sense of urgency to get the stuff done!

As i slowly wake up from the fog of change and getting past all the "new realities" I have come to realize "wholy shxxt" what a mess

after eagerly gobbling up "unscripted ' the more I read the more I felt like the ultimate "fxxktard" all I can say is "wholy crap batman" where did the life go!

So at this point "stop the whining" has hit me and "time to move on" has risen to the top..So Im telling myself 'look around" and what do I see...yup..."unscripted " hit the nail on the head perfectly.

I am seeing other "post war baby boomers" wake from the fog too and realize that the world changed while we were stuck in the paradigm of 1995 you know when we had a salary,, plus bonus, plus car allowance plus rrsp matching plus 100 percent medical dental....!

So I am calling all old school Techies and seeing how they are seeing the world and thinking about the next steps to the future?...like "micro manufacturing" or anything else that their experience and gut feel is for a viable future!

because for me it isn't retiring with the pension plan...nope...its an all out effort to "nail" the next thing .......anybody got any great ideas!

Anyway hope I am not coming off to "ranty" just splashing cold water on my face and red pilling as much as possible to a 'new school way of thinking"

So lets "new school the situation and get on with it - because I just ran our of time...:)

Thanks for listening

FNAM

I’ve heard it takes ten years to become a millionaire!

With that being said your belief systems are quite different. You have gone through life being a consumer instead of a producer. I still can’t image the character you have. Even how grounded you could be.

Most people I know are sitting idle. It’s better late than never. And a 9-5 is a tool, it’s a bridge to something better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kennypaul

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Mar 19, 2018
Nigeria
Hello

Thanks for listening

FNAM
Its really good to have you here.Good thing you read the UNSCRIPTED .Welcome to the Forum.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Technical knowledge will be a new currency in the coming years. You have a huge advantage with your skills.

Read back though the books and get your CENTS in place. Use consulting work money to fuel the engine. You got this.

RobD88

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Nov 20, 2017
Missouri
One thing I've learned in my brief time on this forum is you are never too old. It sounds like you have a great skill set to propel you into the fastlane. Like @MJ DeMarco said, you have a distinct advantage in the realm of creativity. Technical skill it would seem as well.

All you have to do is turn that into a value proposition for the masses. Welcome aboard and hope to read about your successes.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...