The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Amazon headed for banking?

D

Deleted50669

For those of you who operate through Amazon, this article may be worth a read.

The current administration is tossing around the idea of permitting giants like Amazon and Facebook to form their own banking structure, citing the macro economic benefits as justification. That would have implications for how Amazon organizes its retail structure. I haven't read up on it beyond the linked article, but some of you may benefit from forming a deeper understanding of the implications.

Bank of Amazon? Regulator Floats Idea of Merging Banks and Commerce

- Cheers

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
For those of you who operate through Amazon, this article may be worth a read.

The current administration is tossing around the idea of permitting giants like Amazon and Facebook to form their own banking structure, citing the macro economic benefits as justification. That would have implications for how Amazon organizes its retail structure. I haven't read up on it beyond the linked article, but some of you may benefit from forming a deeper understanding of the implications.

Bank of Amazon? Regulator Floats Idea of Merging Banks and Commerce

- Cheers
I smell something Bitcoin-ish here.
Is it me, or is it the cypto-hype getting to my head???

Dan_Fastlane

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jan 3, 2017
World Citizen
Is it me, or is it the cypto-hype getting to my head???

same thoughts!! this is a big topic also for goverment who want to ban CASH.... i dont like it....

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Yup, Bezcoin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is it a real thing?
Gotta toss my money in before it scream skyrocket high like ethereum....
(speculative investment demon):devil::devil::devil:

xoxojbelle

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 26, 2017
USA
This sounds dangerous-- mostly for sidewalkers.

My (sidewalking) parents go into crazy fits of spending when they simply have credit cards at certain stores. When retailers finally get the legal nod to do banking, which, I'm assuming will make it easier to spend at these retailers- it will be bananas!

LifestyleGem

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Nov 10, 2017
Traveling
The play here might be, you'd get a discount for using your Amazon bank account on Amazon.com purchases. They're really trying to tie things together so there is 0 friction for spending money on their platform for absolutely everything you'd ever need to purchase including groceries. Amazon bill-pay + Amazon debit card + Amazon.com = everything you need to function. Haha.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

CareCPA

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
357%
May 2, 2017
Pennsylvania
I think Amazon has already done the most profitable part for themselves. They lend money to sellers so they can sell product faster, and pay Amazon more fees. The interest they get is almost negligible compared to the fees they bring in.

As @JScott said, I can't see them really wanting to add the slow return of just interest to their business, but if they can deploy capital to accelerate their revenue in other areas, then it's a win win for them.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.