The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

AMA - Affiliate Marketing + Guide "How I Made $5K w/ 1 Campaign"

Marketing, social media, advertising

Nosferatu

Marketing Wizard
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Mar 7, 2013
Long Island, New York
Hi Nosferatu,

Quick question. Is there a specific website you use to research demographics?

You had a few sample sites you researched demographics on in your ebook. Curious as to where you acquired the data from.

alexa.com
quantcast.com
google adplanner was one, but they removed that feature.
compete.com if you can afford it. (it's hella expensive)

there are a few others but i mainly use quantcast and alexa.com

---

@nitroheadz

Indeed. It is a steep learning curve. It takes into account many different functions. You almost have to become a semi-knowledgeable in a lot of different areas.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

nitroheadz28

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Aug 10, 2013
San Diego - NYC
Ugh I feel like such an a$$ whoring out questions, but heres a couple more :)

I found this site:

Affbeast – Internet Marketing Courses, Case Studies & Guides

Which was such a freaking lifesaver for a 100% noob like me. Basically internet marketing 101 from start to finish, it was nice finding everything in one library rather than picking up tidbits here and there. Hopefully this helps anyone who's still fuzzy on some things.

I'm feeling pretty confident in getting some campaigns up and running and starting out, but the tech stuff is still throwing me for a loop (domains and hosting). That site recommends NOT using shared hosting and cheapo hosting like Hostgator because of slower loading times as well as not being as friendly with tracking software (What tracking do you prefer? Maybe there is a tracking software that doesn't take so many resources?). They recommend VPS which is more $$$ with Prosper202 as the tracker. I don't mind spending the money, the question is whats the smartest choice? What do you recommend? Searching through forums I found people saying that shared hosting could be fine if you're just starting out- hence my confusion.

Have a domain for each niche and create sub domains for each campaign or?

When I use the spy tool you provided (and I signed up on POF for a test account) and I check for the running ads.. With the spy tool, lets say 22 male in the last 7 days there are less than 50 ads running (doesn't seem like a lot)? Now when I check my dummy POF account, I don't see the same ads? And after I refresh the page 4-5 times it just switches over leaderboard animated single banners per page and I'll refresh 10X more and no more of the regular small banners will show? What gives? Also, when I click some banners and get what looks like a landing page- but theres no lander code in the URL? Out of 10 pages I only saw 1 with a lander in the URL? How does that work?

Thanks so much!! It seems like the questions never end lol, I'm really doing my best to find these on forums and whatnot but a lot of places assume you have the tech knowledge and just give you tips on creating successful campaigns, kind of like your case study :smxB:

:thankyousign:

nycrobot

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Sep 8, 2013
NYC
This is my first post on this forum but I've been lurking around for a few months.

Nosferatu I want to thank you for giving us your time and knowledge.

I want to dabble in affiliate marketing to make some money on the side (not looking at this as a full time career) I've been doing some research over the past week and I think what would work best for me is paid traffic and CPA. I think POF is a good place for me to start, I've got some basic photoshop skills as well.

Couple of questions:

1. I just applied for peerfly today, do you think it would be a good starting point? (enough offers, etc).

2. I want to direct link to the vendors offer page at first as I think this will be the easiest way to get my feet wet. I think the next step would be to create my own offer pages with better copy etc. But if I go the direct route - there would be no way to collect email addresses, correct? What about tracking? I'm not exactly sure what a PHP redirect is, is it easy to implement?

3. People always talking about building lists - in your example with the Rich Men, how/when can you implement the list building?

4. The pictures of the dudes in your ads - where do they come from? Google?

Thanks again

Nosferatu

Marketing Wizard
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Mar 7, 2013
Long Island, New York
Ugh I feel like such an a$$ whoring out questions, but heres a couple more :)

I found this site:

Affbeast – Internet Marketing Courses, Case Studies & Guides

Which was such a freaking lifesaver for a 100% noob like me. Basically internet marketing 101 from start to finish, it was nice finding everything in one library rather than picking up tidbits here and there. Hopefully this helps anyone who's still fuzzy on some things.

I'm feeling pretty confident in getting some campaigns up and running and starting out, but the tech stuff is still throwing me for a loop (domains and hosting). That site recommends NOT using shared hosting and cheapo hosting like Hostgator because of slower loading times as well as not being as friendly with tracking software (What tracking do you prefer? Maybe there is a tracking software that doesn't take so many resources?). They recommend VPS which is more $$$ with Prosper202 as the tracker. I don't mind spending the money, the question is whats the smartest choice? What do you recommend? Searching through forums I found people saying that shared hosting could be fine if you're just starting out- hence my confusion.

Have a domain for each niche and create sub domains for each campaign or?

When I use the spy tool you provided (and I signed up on POF for a test account) and I check for the running ads.. With the spy tool, lets say 22 male in the last 7 days there are less than 50 ads running (doesn't seem like a lot)? Now when I check my dummy POF account, I don't see the same ads? And after I refresh the page 4-5 times it just switches over leaderboard animated single banners per page and I'll refresh 10X more and no more of the regular small banners will show? What gives? Also, when I click some banners and get what looks like a landing page- but theres no lander code in the URL? Out of 10 pages I only saw 1 with a lander in the URL? How does that work?

Thanks so much!! It seems like the questions never end lol, I'm really doing my best to find these on forums and whatnot but a lot of places assume you have the tech knowledge and just give you tips on creating successful campaigns, kind of like your case study :smxB:

:thankyousign:

Honestly, i would not bother with a vps unless you do mass volume. Otherwise shared hosting works great. I mean yea, shared hosting performance isn't GREAT, but as long as you use a decent provider you should be fine.

Tracking202 is a good platform to start.

In regards to pof, you need to login more times. POF has ad limiting built in for new users. This make sense from an advertising standpoint, for example if you tapped your potential market and only want to market to new people with less then 100 logins (newest of new users) -- you can also target people who have been there a while.

Don't go by a new profile, because you won't see all the ads until you've logged in a few times.

Nosferatu

Marketing Wizard
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Mar 7, 2013
Long Island, New York
This is my first post on this forum but I've been lurking around for a few months.

Nosferatu I want to thank you for giving us your time and knowledge.

I want to dabble in affiliate marketing to make some money on the side (not looking at this as a full time career) I've been doing some research over the past week and I think what would work best for me is paid traffic and CPA. I think POF is a good place for me to start, I've got some basic photoshop skills as well.

Couple of questions:

1. I just applied for peerfly today, do you think it would be a good starting point? (enough offers, etc).

2. I want to direct link to the vendors offer page at first as I think this will be the easiest way to get my feet wet. I think the next step would be to create my own offer pages with better copy etc. But if I go the direct route - there would be no way to collect email addresses, correct? What about tracking? I'm not exactly sure what a PHP redirect is, is it easy to implement?

3. People always talking about building lists - in your example with the Rich Men, how/when can you implement the list building?

4. The pictures of the dudes in your ads - where do they come from? Google?

Thanks again

1. I think i tested a few offers on peerfly but couldn't get the ones i wanted to convert, other then that, i know the payout. so they're ok.

2. Let me google that for you

3. Yes building lists is ideal if you have a product, but to be honest, list building is another world of info. But to answer your question, you could run an ad to a lander that gives away an ebook in exchange for an email. Then you can hit the emails up with offers. But keep in mind this is done in a tactful manner, there are many courses on email marketing. Keep in mind you're changing the medium, so the tactics are different.

4. Stockphoto websites, there are many out there. Google them.

nitroheadz28

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Aug 10, 2013
San Diego - NYC
Honestly, i would not bother with a vps unless you do mass volume. Otherwise shared hosting works great. I mean yea, shared hosting performance isn't GREAT, but as long as you use a decent provider you should be fine.

Tracking202 is a good platform to start.

I see that Tracking202 is essentially an app included in Prosper202 except self hosted. Am I missing something here though?

-Prosper202, doesn't play well with shared hosting but is free. So lets say $45/ month for VPS+ Prosper202 (free) or just do it on a shared hosting plan to start ~$7/ month.
-Tracking202 self hosted, $150+ a month and you still need hosting for your domains.

It seems that most start out with Prosper and move to CPVlab. I see Bevo has been getting a lot of praise for being user friendly, and unlike Prosper they have LP and offer rotators.

Nosferatu

Marketing Wizard
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Mar 7, 2013
Long Island, New York
I see that Tracking202 is essentially an app included in Prosper202 except self hosted. Am I missing something here though?

-Prosper202, doesn't play well with shared hosting but is free. So lets say $45/ month for VPS+ Prosper202 (free) or just do it on a shared hosting plan to start ~$7/ month.
-Tracking202 self hosted, $150+ a month and you still need hosting for your domains.

It seems that most start out with Prosper and move to CPVlab. I see Bevo has been getting a lot of praise for being user friendly, and unlike Prosper they have LP and offer rotators.

sounds about right.

i used both prosper/tracking202 and cpv lab. cpvlab is more advanced and has more capabilities

Liz

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jun 1, 2013
South Africa
Hi Nosferatu,

I have a big problem. I am not in USA and can not log into pof.com. I think their server is too busy. Is there another website that is equal to pof.com. Match.com is nearly ranking the same on Alexa.com. Will there be a spy facility? Do you also need to submit your adverts to them to be approved? Is it possible to get data out of their database? In short can I use match.com instead of pof.com as in your ebook and the way you explained in the forum? If not what would you suggest I use? Thanking so much.

Nosferatu

Marketing Wizard
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Mar 7, 2013
Long Island, New York
Hi Nosferatu,

I have a big problem. I am not in USA and can not log into pof.com. I think their server is too busy. Is there another website that is equal to pof.com. Match.com is nearly ranking the same on Alexa.com. Will there be a spy facility? Do you also need to submit your adverts to them to be approved? Is it possible to get data out of their database? In short can I use match.com instead of pof.com as in your ebook and the way you explained in the forum? If not what would you suggest I use? Thanking so much.

I'm afraid not. :(

Match.com is private, i don't believe they allow ads on their site.

Liz

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jun 1, 2013
South Africa
Thanks to nitroheadz28's course of Affbeast. It was very informative and the abbreviations make sense. Maybe pof.com will work on my blackberry celphone. Thanks for the info Nosferatu.

nitroheadz28

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Aug 10, 2013
San Diego - NYC
You mentioned you have a background in IT, so I'm assuming that right off the bat you made your landing pages with HTML and CSS? What benefits are there to coding everything over the other possible methods like photoshop/ wordpress? Since thats what I see people telling beginners to just learn basic HTML/ CSS.

I've been using photoshop to practice making banners+ landers and have hit a roadblock when it comes to dreamweaver. I can't seem to find any solid tutorials or forum threads on what I need, the only related thread I found- people just told the OP to learn how to code lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7J5Fe-0FCws

This is the most comprehensive tutorial I found, he starts off at 6:20 in PHP mode (why not HTML or CSS?) and throws in a wrapper tag with the lander. I follow so far, but when he gets to the summary sub-menu: background/ positioning I don't have any of those options? I've looked through a ton of dreamweaver tutorials/ threads and I feel like an idiot cause I'm sure its something simple. Also when he's mapping the hotspots, I see on other tutorials that people are naming each individual one whereas he does all of them in one shot. Unless I'm missing something and the individual ones are for different destinations per link. As always, thank you in advance :)

Dreamweaver Fail.jpg

Nosferatu

Marketing Wizard
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Mar 7, 2013
Long Island, New York
You mentioned you have a background in IT, so I'm assuming that right off the bat you made your landing pages with HTML and CSS? What benefits are there to coding everything over the other possible methods like photoshop/ wordpress? Since thats what I see people telling beginners to just learn basic HTML/ CSS.

I've been using photoshop to practice making banners+ landers and have hit a roadblock when it comes to dreamweaver. I can't seem to find any solid tutorials or forum threads on what I need, the only related thread I found- people just told the OP to learn how to code lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7J5Fe-0FCws

This is the most comprehensive tutorial I found, he starts off at 6:20 in PHP mode (why not HTML or CSS?) and throws in a wrapper tag with the lander. I follow so far, but when he gets to the summary sub-menu: background/ positioning I don't have any of those options? I've looked through a ton of dreamweaver tutorials/ threads and I feel like an idiot cause I'm sure its something simple. Also when he's mapping the hotspots, I see on other tutorials that people are naming each individual one whereas he does all of them in one shot. Unless I'm missing something and the individual ones are for different destinations per link. As always, thank you in advance :)

View attachment 5914

hehe, i do have a background in IT. I think you're giving me a lot more credit than deserved. However....

Let me introduce you to:

http://www.httrack.com

Site sucker.

Go to POF, click on bunch of ads, and suck down your favorite lander.

Then open it up in dreamweaver, swap your code/affiliate links. Re upload your modified Lander with affiliate link.

Link your ad to your server, with your now newly sucked/copied lander that you edited.

Bam! Instant landing pages, just borrow from others, modify with dreamweaver and you have a ad/lander combo in minutes !

:)

PS: You can make landing pages from scratch too -- i use dreamweaver -- simple simple html forms and buttons - trust me the simpler the better.

PPS: I did recommend to check youtube out, mainly for the Photoshop tutorials. i learned a lot on youtube about making elements on ads pop out -- in regards to coding i did the method above with good success.

I can't code worth shit.

I have a swapfile collection of landers i work from.

nitroheadz28

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Aug 10, 2013
San Diego - NYC
Dude.. I love you- no homo :thumbsup:

If I can actually manage to start turning a half decent profit some day, I promise I will repay you as best I can. Or if you ever need anything regarding developing a physical product such as design/ manufacturing I will hook you up as best I can :), I wish I could offer more. I can't thank you enough for how far you've gone to help me and a bunch of others on here. I can only hope I can provide as much value to others some day.

:notworthy:

P.S.- Thank you for the tips. The last few days I have been locked inside my house doing nothing but reading/ watching tutorials and practicing- I'll keep it up until I'm 100% that I can create variations of banners/ landers quickly and on the fly so no time is wasted when I get campaigns up and running. I'm confident in the process (I know I probably wont break even for a little while) and the landing page deal we discussed above has always been the hitch since I started getting serious. I'll keep plugging away at it, I really hope I can get some campaigns up next week :)

nitroheadz28

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Aug 10, 2013
San Diego - NYC
So yesterday I spent all day trying to put some things together. I had already downloaded httrack and gotten a few landers+ familiarized myself with how things work- its really cool how you can see what each bit of code does in Dreamweaver. Here are things I'm still hung up on:

Httrack- Let me give you an example of one case, I sucked down 3 landers. 2 of them had everything, I could access all of the pics/ elements of the page. One of them just has the index page and nothing else- so I assume that the pics hosted in a way that can't be extracted?

Swapping affiliate links- Now as I mentioned I spent my entire Friday on this and got nowhere lol. When I'm looking through the code in Dreamweaver:

ChristianMingle.com - Christian Singles

This is the affiliate link on its own (I think since it takes you to the offer page..), I don't see any evidence of tracking on this guy's lander?

Original lander:

file:///C:/My%20Web%20Sites/ChristianWOlderL1/www.datingdl.com/CM40/index302e.html

Now on another one, the only link I see is tracking- which I want to clarify something. When using a tracker, you input all of your campaign info including the affiliate link and it spits out a code like the one underneath correct? At least this is what I've seen from prosper tutorials. So this is an affiliate link as well (Since once again it takes you to the offer)? Its the only link I found in the code. I just don't want to goof up and suck+ spend time modifying someone's layout and then send them money cause I did strip their links properly lol.

http://pof.dudeheisdoingbusiness.com/tracking/exit-page.php

Original lander:

file:///C:/My%20Web%20Sites/MatureWOlderL1/true-dates.com/mature_dating/f/3/index070d.html

I'd be lying if I said this wasn't a little frustrating, stupid little things that should take couple minutes and wasting 9 hours trying to figure out instead. Surprisingly finding info on anything Dreamweaver+ AM/ CPA in the same token is rough, I assume most people in AM are just much more tech savvy off the bat lol.

Nosferatu

Marketing Wizard
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Mar 7, 2013
Long Island, New York
So yesterday I spent all day trying to put some things together. I had already downloaded httrack and gotten a few landers+ familiarized myself with how things work- its really cool how you can see what each bit of code does in Dreamweaver. Here are things I'm still hung up on:

Httrack- Let me give you an example of one case, I sucked down 3 landers. 2 of them had everything, I could access all of the pics/ elements of the page. One of them just has the index page and nothing else- so I assume that the pics hosted in a way that can't be extracted?

Swapping affiliate links- Now as I mentioned I spent my entire Friday on this and got nowhere lol. When I'm looking through the code in Dreamweaver:

ChristianMingle.com - Christian Singles

This is the affiliate link on its own (I think since it takes you to the offer page..), I don't see any evidence of tracking on this guy's lander?

Original lander:

file:///C:/My%20Web%20Sites/ChristianWOlderL1/www.datingdl.com/CM40/index302e.html

Now on another one, the only link I see is tracking- which I want to clarify something. When using a tracker, you input all of your campaign info including the affiliate link and it spits out a code like the one underneath correct? At least this is what I've seen from prosper tutorials. So this is an affiliate link as well (Since once again it takes you to the offer)? Its the only link I found in the code. I just don't want to goof up and suck+ spend time modifying someone's layout and then send them money cause I did strip their links properly lol.

http://pof.dudeheisdoingbusiness.com/tracking/exit-page.php

Original lander:

file:///C:/My%20Web%20Sites/MatureWOlderL1/true-dates.com/mature_dating/f/3/index070d.html

I'd be lying if I said this wasn't a little frustrating, stupid little things that should take couple minutes and wasting 9 hours trying to figure out instead. Surprisingly finding info on anything Dreamweaver+ AM/ CPA in the same token is rough, I assume most people in AM are just much more tech savvy off the bat lol.

Upload the lander to your own server.

I can't tell you what you're doing because your copying pasting the files location on your computer and not on the internet.

file://--whatever~ doesn't exist on the internet, thus, you need to upload this to your own webserver

ex: domain.com/whatever.php

HackVenture

Digital Marketer
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Mar 11, 2011
Planet Earth
Don't know how I missed this thread :)

PoF was my bread and butter for awhile until I found Facebook!

I'm really looking to head back there when I finally find the time to. Check out Tom Fang's PoF tool though, I was a beta tester for it for awhile and it really automates alot of the mundane stuff with PoF.

royalasg

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
May 21, 2013
Bangladesh
Nothing new in the approach you have made in the post..just like some other affiliate folks. Whatever thanks for sharing let us check what you have open for us, is it real or another affliliate promotiom ? :smxB:

nitroheadz28

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Aug 10, 2013
San Diego - NYC
Upload the lander to your own server.

I can't tell you what you're doing because your copying pasting the files location on your computer and not on the internet.

file://--whatever~ doesn't exist on the internet, thus, you need to upload this to your own webserver

ex: domain.com/whatever.php

I feel like I didn't convey my point properly and you misinterpreted- its all good :)

Once again I got knocked out of the game for a little while thanks to my health issues and a medication that put me out of commission for a week, but I'm happy to say that I got off of it and feel much better now :)

I practiced more in dreamweaver (modding landers/ etc), I decided to spring for a VPS with beyondhosting since they're praised a lot and them being optimized to work with prosper/ affiliates in general. So I got my domain+ hosting+ tracking set up and ready to go, now I just need to chat with my AM on whats converting in dating and finally start on my first campaign :cool:

Once again I want to give my sincerest thanks to you for all of your guidance, I might not have made it to this point and if I did- I'm sure it would've taken me much longer. Looking forward to *hopefully* being able to give a positive update soon enough if I manage not to bomb too hard :smxB:

One thing I am curious about though- I've been using the ad spy tool to check in on the competition pretty often since you offered it up here. First off, a lot of banners are completely irrelevant to the offers and just direct link? How the hell is someone even making money on that? lol. Also, in a platform like POF where campaigns can die out pretty quickly- I'm not really seeing new campaigns popping up or changing? For ex- 43yr old female the ads have been the same for the last 2 weeks at least really. Considering how saturated POF is supposed to be, it strikes me as strange?

Tom

Nosferatu

Marketing Wizard
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Mar 7, 2013
Long Island, New York
I feel like I didn't convey my point properly and you misinterpreted- its all good :)

Once again I got knocked out of the game for a little while thanks to my health issues and a medication that put me out of commission for a week, but I'm happy to say that I got off of it and feel much better now :)

I practiced more in dreamweaver (modding landers/ etc), I decided to spring for a VPS with beyondhosting since they're praised a lot and them being optimized to work with prosper/ affiliates in general. So I got my domain+ hosting+ tracking set up and ready to go, now I just need to chat with my AM on whats converting in dating and finally start on my first campaign :cool:

Once again I want to give my sincerest thanks to you for all of your guidance, I might not have made it to this point and if I did- I'm sure it would've taken me much longer. Looking forward to *hopefully* being able to give a positive update soon enough if I manage not to bomb too hard :smxB:

One thing I am curious about though- I've been using the ad spy tool to check in on the competition pretty often since you offered it up here. First off, a lot of banners are completely irrelevant to the offers and just direct link? How the hell is someone even making money on that? lol. Also, in a platform like POF where campaigns can die out pretty quickly- I'm not really seeing new campaigns popping up or changing? For ex- 43yr old female the ads have been the same for the last 2 weeks at least really. Considering how saturated POF is supposed to be, it strikes me as strange?

Tom

Me too man, i've been sick all week. it sucks.

It's possible that people have banners that direct to an irrelevant offer. Generally people will try a combination of banners/landers to see what works. You'd be surprised. On Pof, ive had a lot of success direct linking believe it or not. Many say don't do it, but i did and made money so id say just try stuff. Honestly, a few weeks of playing around with POF and you'll become a pro at zeroing in on the money.

Also keep in mind that if someone is using a lander and collecting info, they probably have some kind of back-end monetization path.

ManWithABeard

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Dec 28, 2010
Florida
@Nosferatu, gave you some rep speed brotha! I've actually been reading your ebook every day for the past week. really great information.

I went ahead and bit the bullet and dove into the POF ads. Was kinda suprised to get 20 clicks the first day, i was actually just expecting a handful. I want more though, 0 conversions unfortunately. Day 2 is tomorrow and going to see what happens. I believe my niche is pretty decent, used the aff expert spy tool and noticed that there's not much competition, though there's a guy in the same niche who's ad is been going for the past 30 days, so I know there's money in that.

I'm taking your advice and just pumping out creatives and testing them like mad. I've made about 10 to 15 so far because you're right about POF denying every got damn creative you submit, holy moly LOL. I like to think I'm decent at writing ad-copy. so glad I have photoshop, seriously.

Also, not sure if anyone else is having trouble with Quantcast (Quantcast doesn't show me shit for some reason) but I did some digging and found this, hopefully it will help others as it helped me POF Interests by Demographics

Kind of excited, I can only hope and work my a$$ off to hit atleast $1K, but i am far from that at this point, Day 2 is tomorrow. will report back later on.

Again, I so appreciate this thread man, learned a lot so far.

nitroheadz28

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Aug 10, 2013
San Diego - NYC
Nos- Heh I thought you may have gotten tired of all the noob questions :D. Thanks for the insight.

Manwithabeard- Speed for diving into it!

I'm with phillip- or rather we've been pming back and for helping each other out :cool:.

I got accepted in F5media and after having a hiccup with my account my manager set me straight with a couple offers. Unfortunately I'm completely slammed this week and can't try a new campaign until next week.

ManWithABeard

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Dec 28, 2010
Florida
@nitroheadz I appreciate it a lot man!

and yes I am cool with an AM mastermind group, I just started getting interested into it, so I'd love to learn more. Already learning quite a bit just from doing this POF ads thing!

So today, got a lot more clicks than yesterday! yesterday was 20 clicks, today was more than 30, still 0 conversions, but I feel they are coming! I'm using Peerfly by the way for those wondering. I'm also using an LP that has the Facebook sign-up option. weird how it's not converting right away.

Also came across this guy's blog, has a couple of cool POF ads case studies that he does and shares insight on. I see what everyone means when they say dating offers work best on POF, his case studies are prime example. POF Jewcier Case Study

Man, I can't wait to start making some money!

Also, I know peerfly doesn't allow Twitter marketing at this time, but I am going to skype one of the managers and see if I can use Instagram to help drive traffic. I might just build a quick LP if I use instagram for promotion to avoid direct linking.

Carmen

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Apr 9, 2011
Awesome AMA Nosferatu!! I'm tardy to this party, but I really do appreciate you for all the "golden nuggets" you've given out. You really clarified the php redirect for me because that's exactly where I was stuck. The site sucker software makes my lander life ea$y!

Do you have any experience with mobile cpa marketing?

Also - S/O to Nitroheadz28....you asked some great questions and I have LOTS of notes:)

ricktx

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Jun 27, 2013
Texas, USA
I would like to ask you a couple of questions related to affiliate marketing:
1. Can you recommend any resources with help about creating banners? The best I have managed with PoF is 0.10%. I am thinking of finding someone from fiverr to do so.
2. Facebook does not allow direct affiliate links, so I have to create an intermediate sales page, have you tested such a strategy?
3. What is your normal conversion rate for CPA offers? Assuming that the registration page etc is normal

Thanks

My 2 cents on question 1.

Banner Maker Pro is a great product. It is cheep and make banners simple and very quick. You can find it by google ing "Banner Maker Pro"

Nosferatu

Marketing Wizard
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Mar 7, 2013
Long Island, New York
Awesome AMA Nosferatu!! I'm tardy to this party, but I really do appreciate you for all the "golden nuggets" you've given out. You really clarified the php redirect for me because that's exactly where I was stuck. The site sucker software makes my lander life ea$y!

Do you have any experience with mobile cpa marketing?

Also - S/O to Nitroheadz28....you asked some great questions and I have LOTS of notes:)

Hi Carmen

Here is how to setup a PHP redirect:

[video=youtube;KRnoFPYe1Dk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRnoFPYe1Dk[/video]

Also, yes i have some experience with mobile marketing.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.