The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Am I Action-Faking?

Michaela

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Feb 2, 2018
West Virginia
Hello Friends,

I am still new to the Fastlane Forum, so apologize if a discussion like this has already taken place. I am looking for advice from other Fastlane followers to let me know if they think that I am "action-faking".
I am in the process of designing a website that I am confident will serve the 5 commandments. Along with this, I am chasing a need, instead of chasing money. However, will that be my downfall?
Although I haven't launched the website to the public yet, I am confident that it will do well, but I haven't yet figured out how I will generate an income from it. Am I wasting my time even though I am serving a need? Should I throw the idea out the window or continue with what I am doing?

~Michaela

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Fastlane Liam

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Feb 10, 2018
United Kingdom
Uhhm, not enough detail to say anything,

What does the website do?
How will you generate traffic?

If you have no defined way to make money, then I guess you can do google ads? Quote me if Im wrong but I think thats a little outdated in 2018. Maybe by about 10 years or so, unless you have a high traffic site. (like massive as in a news website or something)

But I mean what hurt is it going to do by making it public?

Michaela

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Feb 2, 2018
West Virginia
Uhhm, not enough detail to say anything,

What does the website do?
How will you generate traffic?

If you have no defined way to make money, then I guess you can do google ads? Quote me if Im wrong but I think thats a little outdated in 2018. Maybe by about 10 years or so, unless you have a high traffic site. (like massive as in a news website or something)

But I mean what hurt is it going to do by making it public?

Thanks for the quick response. It's essentially a social network platform but also gives a specific group of people the access to finding events and classes in their community. I have a few income generating ideas aimed towards business advertising on my website, but I am still unsure if businesses would even be interested in investing their money into it. As you stated, I would need to have a very high traffic website for that.

Process

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Jul 19, 2017
Solving Pain
Thanks for the quick response. It's essentially a social network platform but also gives a specific group of people the access to finding events and classes in their community. I have a few income generating ideas aimed towards business advertising on my website, but I am still unsure if businesses would even be interested in investing their money into it. As you stated, I would need to have a very high traffic website for that.

Hey, there is a cool dude named MJ. ;)

He wrote about how he molded this site from a ball of clay into what it is today... It could be smart to reverse engineer what he did while adding your own spin for your niche.

He worried about building a site people would value and use. He learned what this looked like by actual feedback, not his own assumptions. At first, his forum was a little rough around the edges since he was testing the core functions first.

For example, he didn't believe people would pay to not see ads. He tested this anyway and it has made him a new river of income. From there he added more benefits to membership, etc.

Act. Assess. Adjust. Repeat again.

PS: Some rumor that he is still testing things on this site to this day.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Michaela

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Feb 2, 2018
West Virginia
Hey, there is a cool dude named MJ. ;)

He wrote about how he molded this site from a ball of clay into what it is today... It could be smart to reverse engineer what he did while adding your own spin for your niche.

He worried about building a site people would value and use. He learned what this looked like by actual feedback, not his own assumptions. At first, his forum was a little rough around the edges since he was testing the core functions first.

For example, he didn't believe people would pay to not see ads. He tested this anyway and it has made him a new river of income. From there he added more benefits to membership, etc.

Act. Assess. Adjust. Repeat again.

PS: Some rumor that he is still testing things on this site to this day.

Thanks! That is very true. I didn't think about it like that. Sometimes when I am building the website I worry that I am wasting my precious time, but perhaps that is just part of the process. I think that I am going to keep moving forward, and then we will see where it goes from there. :smile:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.