The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Always learning from Los Angeles...

talentedavatar

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Mar 7, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
As I typed in the title of my thread, I realized the irony that what I probably really mean was, always reading. To really learn something you have to put it into action and then if you want to see if you've really learned it, try teaching it to others.

I say this because it's taken me a second reading of the Fastlane book to cut through all the noise in my head and excuses of life to ask myself, am I really going down the road I want to be going down, The Fastlane.

I've been great at following the rules with my own ambitious edge and even flexed my entrepreneurial muscle in last few years... the only problem is that it's all been Slowlane. Now it's time to really LEARN about the Fastlane, so here I am.

I'm writing from Los Angeles, I work in entertainment as a VFX producer. Though I enjoy what I do, it is married to time and lacks both leverage and control. Though I've been at this for over a decade and had success in the field, it's time to translate my ability to creatively problem solve and start solving other problems, those that follow the Law of Effection. If there's anything I've learned in the last year, it's not us who determine our own value, it's actually the impact we bring to others that determine that value (I mean this from a financial perspective and not a self-worth perspective).

Really looking forward to LEARNING and growing here.
Cheers.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

nickR8

999999999 kph
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Feb 5, 2014
Austin, TX
Welcome to the forum!

I've always been fascinated by the VFX in movies. I actually dreamed of working at ILM or somewhere else in that field just a couple years ago :)

flexed my entrepreneurial muscle in last few years
Did you try starting a business? or were you doing entrepreneurial things at your job?

I'm sure you'll learn a ton from this forum!

talentedavatar

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Mar 7, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
I started my own VFX studio, which was a pretty great experience. But I also see now that I didn't really have much of a distinguishing value prop and wasn't really filling an unfilled need.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...