I've built a few web sites in the past and some of them have profited a small amount, but now as college is coming closer I've decided to get serious. I've "shopped" around for web site ideas and niches while I have studied real estate, and I've realized that selling shippable products like what I have done in the past is really slow lane. But now I've stumbled upon an idea that isn't just an interest of mine but will soon be a reality for everyone. My idea is to make a niche site for alternative powered cars which offers average people information about this subject - as well as classified ads for these cars from private and public owners alike.
The backbone of the site would be the car facts and information for each model that is considered a fuel efficient or alternate energy powered car. Electric, hybrid, plug in hybrids, and biodiesel powered cars would be the most popular. This section would consist of two parts: the car's specifications and customer reviews. This page would resemble something like this from Edmund's:
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j220/djsamson1313/site1.jpg
The information would be basic and concise and would include pictures of each car. But unlike Edmunds.com, I would have car owner's leave their own reviews similar to Amazon.
This could produce a small profit from advertisements on these pages, but the majority of the site's earnings would be from the classified ad sales. The ads would be broken up into new and used categories. Each ad would cost a fixed amount and would resemble this page from Cars.com:
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j220/djsamson1313/site2.jpg
The ads would be arranged based on the users search requirements: max/min price, model year and location (based on zip code).
I'm still not completely sold on this idea and I still have a handful of others I'm looking at before I make a decision. But I have a few questions below
1.) Do you think this site has potential?
2.) How much would it cost to build this site?
3.) Is it possible for me to add/manage content by myself after the site is completed without html knowledge?
4.) If you think this idea is sound and has potential, and the costs to build it are reasonable, where could I find a web builder to create this?
Thank you! :smxB:
The backbone of the site would be the car facts and information for each model that is considered a fuel efficient or alternate energy powered car. Electric, hybrid, plug in hybrids, and biodiesel powered cars would be the most popular. This section would consist of two parts: the car's specifications and customer reviews. This page would resemble something like this from Edmund's:
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j220/djsamson1313/site1.jpg
The information would be basic and concise and would include pictures of each car. But unlike Edmunds.com, I would have car owner's leave their own reviews similar to Amazon.
This could produce a small profit from advertisements on these pages, but the majority of the site's earnings would be from the classified ad sales. The ads would be broken up into new and used categories. Each ad would cost a fixed amount and would resemble this page from Cars.com:
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j220/djsamson1313/site2.jpg
The ads would be arranged based on the users search requirements: max/min price, model year and location (based on zip code).
I'm still not completely sold on this idea and I still have a handful of others I'm looking at before I make a decision. But I have a few questions below
1.) Do you think this site has potential?
2.) How much would it cost to build this site?
3.) Is it possible for me to add/manage content by myself after the site is completed without html knowledge?
4.) If you think this idea is sound and has potential, and the costs to build it are reasonable, where could I find a web builder to create this?
Thank you! :smxB:
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
