The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

All or Nothing?

KaligaYo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jul 28, 2015
Taking Your Health Seriously as a Hardcore Entrepreneur

I recently came across this Gary Vee video and thought it was interesting. He's basically talking about how for so long he neglected his health and fitness in his pursuit of wealth. It seems like he has found what is working for him and that's great to see. Now I don't necessarily agree with his 'ALL or NOTHING switch' mentality but it made me curious. I wonder how many of us in the entrepreneur community struggle with our health and fitness or just 'push it to the side' when things are busy.

I'm guilty of this myself from time to time, but in recent years I've learned to be a lot more consistent with a sustainable approach (and it was not and ALL or NOTHING switch). It seems these days it's super easy to forget about though, with all the fast-paced hustle culture and convenient, tasty take-out food. I guess the phrase 'health and fitness' looks different to different people though. Just curious what everyone's thoughts and/or experiences are on this.

ps: I've lurked for a while and decided I should try contributing to this beautiful forum when I can.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Taking Your Health Seriously as a Hardcore Entrepreneur

I recently came across this Gary Vee video and thought it was interesting. He's basically talking about how for so long he neglected his health and fitness in his pursuit of wealth. It seems like he has found what is working for him and that's great to see. Now I don't necessarily agree with his 'ALL or NOTHING switch' mentality but it made me curious. I wonder how many of us in the entrepreneur community struggle with our health and fitness or just 'push it to the side' when things are busy.

I'm guilty of this myself from time to time, but in recent years I've learned to be a lot more consistent with a sustainable approach (and it was not and ALL or NOTHING switch). It seems these days it's super easy to forget about though, with all the fast-paced hustle culture and convenient, tasty take-out food. I guess the phrase 'health and fitness' looks different to different people though. Just curious what everyone's thoughts and/or experiences are on this.

ps: I've lurked for a while and decided I should try contributing to this beautiful forum when I can.
It is very important.

Think in this way, if you starts a business and put in the effort, you might still fail.

If you disregards healthy habits they are guaranteed to hunt you back, just sooner or later.

In fact much sooner than what you think. Binge eating 1-2 weeks, the weighing scale will tell you.

Health is the only aspect of life that there is guaranteed worthy return when you put in the effort, and guaranteed nightmare when you ignore it.

Hence there is no reason not to respect it.

James007Hill

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Sep 29, 2019
Health is my number one priority, I’m happy to make sacrifices in the pursuit of success but health is not something I would sacrifice for anything.

I also prioritise my health because personally I find with good health comes good and consistent energy – mental and physical – which leads to more motivation and productivity.

I often think that “energy management” is more important than time management in some respects, because when I have lots of good energy (from healthy living) I just get more done and feel better in every way.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.