The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Age verification for alcohol sites

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
I am about to launch a site that is alcohol related and will have drink recipes on it. I notice a lot of the bigger companies have age verification to confirm that a user is 21, but a lot of the recipe sites do not have them.

Does anybody have any experience in this matter and knows the requirements on this?

So far I did a google search and had trouble finding relevant and reliable information.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

hlopez22

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
Jan 3, 2012
I wouldn't expect there to be a problem with underage kids seeing alcohol recipes as long as you aren't selling alcohol to them. If that was the case then all TV commercials about alcohol would require to verify the audience age.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
How to make Skittles Vodka! - TipsyBartender - YouTube

You don't need to verify age. No point, since different countries have different legal ages for alcohol consumption. It won't help or hurt your business in any way... unless you start advertising directly to kids, which would be bad. This guy doesn't do it, why should you? Just my two cents based on what I've seen

Entrepking

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Apr 24, 2012
I totally agree, though it would seem ethical for you to put an age verification page, it is totally not an ilegal step for you to put alcohol recipes since you are in no way advertising it to kids. However a little reminder on your page about age limit on alchol which is +18 in most countries would not hurt... Some TVCs in particular countries includes reminders at the end of it much like how they do it with tobacco products. With such reminders IMHO you are good to go...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.