The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Affirmations for success - my really useful trick makes affirmations 10x more successful

Anything related to matters of the mind

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
I have a strange relationship with affirmations. On the one hand, I think they’re a little geeky. But on the other hand, if they’re helpful, they’re helpful. The problem with Affirmations is that most people don’t believe them. Some studies have even found that reciting affirmations you don’t believe can backfire.[1] How can we overcome this problem?

Screen Shot 2018-09-04 at 7.02.34 PM.png

"If we are nodding our heads up and down, we gain confidence in what we are thinking. But when we shake our heads from side to side, we lose confidence in our own thoughts.”​

But be careful, because if you’re being negative, it can be detrimental

"Nodding your head doesn't mean you'll agree with whatever you hear. One of the most surprising things we found is that if you're thinking negative thoughts while you're nodding, this actually strengthens your disapproval," Petty said. "What the head nodding is doing is making you more confident in your negative thoughts. In contrast, when the thoughts were mostly positive, then nodding increased confidence in these thoughts and thereby increased persuasion."​

Science Daily - Nodding Or Shaking Your Head May Even Influence Your Own Thoughts, Study Finds

Anyway, I put together a list of helpful Affirmations.

I have control over my life
Where I am is 100% result of my choices
My actions lead to my results
Completing most of my daily to-do list is essential for success
Every minute, I’m moving forward
Every tiny little decision I make has an enormous effect on my life
I am only interested in actions and behaviors that will take me closer to my goals
It’s better to sacrifice today for a better tomorrow
Dreams are fantasy, goals are concrete
Every day i make steps toward my goals and dreams
Discipline and grit are the keys to success
I go above and beyond
I do more than is asked
I do more than is required
I constantly look for ways to make money
Hard work feels great and is essential for success
Sometimes we have to do things we don’t like to get places we want to go
Having a great diet allows me to perform at my best
My financial return is in DIRECT PROPORTION to help provided to others, that is law
Money is a measurement of the quality and quantity of help i provide people
This entire world and everything we enjoy was built by people like me
I use Meditation to hone my focus
I try to listen more than I speak
I make my own luck
Money gives me freedom
The wealthy are good and honest people
Written Goal-setting is extremely important to attaining goals
I’m a doer, not a talker
I am the cause of my life circumstances
My financial status in life is the result of my actions
Self-discipline is everything
Taking action toward my goals will get me there, talking about them will not
I rely on no one else to attain my wealth
I seek expertise when there’s something i don’t know
My health is incredibly important, i only have 1 body
I never put all my ego in one basket or rely on one source of income
I read daily to improve myself
Surrounding myself with positive influences helps me stay on point
I do everything possible
I genuinely love people
I am genuinely grateful for my life
I become genuinely interested in people
I am a great listener
My relationships are invaluable to me
My relationships are crucial to my success
Great things require risk - Time energy to money
I trust the advice of qualified individuals
I always aim yo give just a little more than I receive
I obsess over my desires and goals
Living below my means allows me to invest the other money
My actions create my habits and my habits create my life situation
I stay positive, yet realistic
Sales skills are fundamental to success
Everyone deserves respect, big or small
I am subtle, sophisticated, restrained, genteel and of good taste

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
Bonus: want to annihilate your negative or limiting beliefs?

upload_2018-9-4_19-19-51.png

To change attitudes, don't argue — agree, extremely

What if the best way to change minds isn't to tell people why they're wrong, but to tell them why they're right? Scientists tried this recently and discovered that agreeing with people can be a surprisingly powerful way to shake up strongly held beliefs.

Researchers found that showing people extreme versions of ideas that confirmed — not contradicted — their opinions on a deeply divisive issue actually caused them to reconsider their stance and become more receptive to other points of view. The scientists attribute this to the fact that the new information caused people to see their views as irrational or absurd, according to a study published Monday in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.
So how can we use this to change self-limiting beliefs? Well create an extreme version of your own argument. Let’s take someone who believes that you need to defraud people in order to get rich. They can give themselves an extreme arguemnt “You’re right.. there has not been one case in history, where someone made an honest dollar. In fact, it’s completely impossible to make any money without doing something immoral. People shouldn’t have any money. It’s evil. People don’t need food. Or clothing. Or shelter. And definitely no nice things. Having money is evil and only evil people do it.”
And don’t make the argument sarcastically.. just an extreme version of whatever belief is holding you back.

Bryan James

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Jul 1, 2018
Texas, USA
In neuro-linguistic programming circles it's also recommended to avoid using negative-oriented speech patterns. In other words say "I intend to be happy" instead of "I intend to avoid unhappiness" for example. One of the books I've published goes into affirmations. Personally, I used to use them quite frequently during long periods of meditation. It worked for me, but I used to devote 100% of my time to deep spiritual practices for years.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
Yea the argument is that ‘the subconscious mind doesn't understand negatives’ - but i don’t really agree. Why? Because you understand negatives. You know the difference between ‘there’s yogurt in the fridge’ and ‘there’s no yogurt in the fridge.’

But if you subscribe to the idea of not using negative speech patterns, you can change them to your liking.

Bryan James

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Jul 1, 2018
Texas, USA
Yea the argument is that ‘the subconscious mind doesn't understand negatives’ - but i don’t really agree. Why? Because you understand negatives. You know the difference between ‘there’s yogurt in the fridge’ and ‘there’s no yogurt in the fridge.’

But if you subscribe to the idea of not using negative speech patterns, you can change them to your liking.

Of course you are correct; if we are conscious of what we're telling ourselves, as far as context is concerned, it negates whatever the subconscious might interpret otherwise.

Chris25

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
380%
Aug 29, 2018
Europe
Having too much affirmations and rules about them seems counterproductive to me. Or as you said geeky.

I have about 4 affirmations:

How I want to feel ( i am a positive person );
What I want to do (create...);
What I have ( freedom to....);
What I give to others ( something valuable);

I thought about every single one first and imagined how it feels. I just review them every day, and I think about the feeling behind them. You don't need 1000 affirmations, you can tie a lot behind something simple yet powerful like " I am always working on creating a legacy".

Plus having 4 affirmations make it easy for your brain to always keep them at the top of your mind. You can always remember them and remind yourself.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
You don’t have to say all of it... pick out what you need.. come on guys we gotta use some sense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nikhil God

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Jun 18, 2019
Bonus: want to annihilate your negative or limiting beliefs?

View attachment 21372

To change attitudes, don't argue — agree, extremely

What if the best way to change minds isn't to tell people why they're wrong, but to tell them why they're right? Scientists tried this recently and discovered that agreeing with people can be a surprisingly powerful way to shake up strongly held beliefs.​
Researchers found that showing people extreme versions of ideas that confirmed — not contradicted — their opinions on a deeply divisive issue actually caused them to reconsider their stance and become more receptive to other points of view. The scientists attribute this to the fact that the new information caused people to see their views as irrational or absurd, according to a study published Monday in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.​
So how can we use this to change self-limiting beliefs? Well create an extreme version of your own argument. Let’s take someone who believes that you need to defraud people in order to get rich. They can give themselves an extreme arguemnt “You’re right.. there has not been one case in history, where someone made an honest dollar. In fact, it’s completely impossible to make any money without doing something immoral. People shouldn’t have any money. It’s evil. People don’t need food. Or clothing. Or shelter. And definitely no nice things. Having money is evil and only evil people do it.”
And don’t make the argument sarcastically.. just an extreme version of whatever belief is holding you back.
I am thinking of using this tactic for my research assignment that my Marxist professor has given on the topic, 'Central Perils of Capitalism in Popular Literature Texts'

simplymoto

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Sep 21, 2019
Having too much affirmations and rules about them seems counterproductive to me. Or as you said geeky.

I have about 4 affirmations:

How I want to feel ( i am a positive person );
What I want to do (create...);
What I have ( freedom to....);
What I give to others ( something valuable);

I thought about every single one first and imagined how it feels. I just review them every day, and I think about the feeling behind them. You don't need 1000 affirmations, you can tie a lot behind something simple yet powerful like " I am always working on creating a legacy".

Plus having 4 affirmations make it easy for your brain to always keep them at the top of your mind. You can always remember them and remind yourself.

I have my affirmations too, but after a few days, or weeks, I forgot to recite them. How do you keep the habit?

Chris25

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
380%
Aug 29, 2018
Europe
I have my affirmations too, but after a few days, or weeks, I forgot to recite them. How do you keep the habit?
To be honest I don't review them daily at the moment. In the beginning, I created them as a way to establish what I want for my life, and I did it every day just to remind myself of those things.

Now I strongly believe in them so I don't feel like I have to do it all the time, I review them from time to time. Sometimes it pops into my head and I review them just in my mind before going to sleep, just to make sure I can remember them. At some point maybe I will do it daily again, for example when they change, or if I need extra motivation.

I would say that you should have them written somewhere close, in your notebook or your device, and anytime you feel like you need a moment of motivation just go and look at them to remind yourself.

If you want to build them as a strong habit, you should connect them to something you already do every day, for example "I will write them down every day while I drink my morning coffee" or "I will recite them while I'm on my way to work" or "I will read them before I head out the door for my run", depends on what works for you best. It is much easier to keep the habit if you tie it together with a routine you already have.

Entre Eyes

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Sep 7, 2019
Traveling to Higher Conciousness
Thanks Chris!

I really only do the living in Gratitude before you even get it.

It has never seemed to fail me.

Yes it is a little awkward to Say what you want of the universe and be thankful for it at the same time but you will ease into it.

Also, this may be the 2nd or 3rd time I have mentioned Tony Robbins so yea I'm jockin a little ha.

But he gave this exercise to remember your physiological profile exactly when you are proud, angry, happy, confident, celebrant etc.

Take note of the way you breathe, remember your stance, structure, whether pacing or sitting, fast or slow, take note of everything in those states.

When you do what you physically do when you are proud, happy, and confident it will overwhelm the negative at that moment.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.