The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Affiliation with DirecTV and Dish Network

RamonP23

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Apr 10, 2010
Thank you everyone.

Yesterday morning I got a call from US Online, and they offered me to promote DirecTV and Dish Network online.

They gave me two websites and give me training. I had to pay $60. I think it's a good opportunity.

Here are the websites so you can check them out:

DirecTV ====> Dish Nation Online
Dish Network ===> Nationwide DISH

I submited them to the searchengines of Google, Yahoo and MSN Live already.

I think there's a lot of potential here.

They would give me $150 of comission for every free instalation.

Some recommendation to explode this opportunity?

DirecTV ====> Dish Nation Online
Dish Network ===> http://www.nationwidedish.com/40833

:thankyousign:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
first, congrats on taking some action...

second, ouch! tough market you just jumped into...

third, to make money in this niche? offer your users a $100 for subscribing throuhg your system, so they have an incentive to do it, and you at least make $50 for each user (check terms and conditions to see if that is ok with their agreement)

maximus20895

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Mar 16, 2009
Knoxville,TN
First thing I would do is buy two domain names and forwards these to the new ones. Both of your URL's have 40833 in them..probably the affiliate ID. Just buy like domain like dishnetwork.com and make it so the dishnetworkaffiliate.com/40833 goes to the dishnetwork ID. Simple and worthwhile

CMCarlin

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jan 30, 2008
Think about this for a second: All of their other affiliates probably have the same canned website as you.

So make yourself unique. Get your own domain, with your own unique content. Offer a bonus or incentive that you can offer. Doesn't always have to be money! It can be free items as well, digital or physical.

If you've got the cash and the stones to do it, you could try PPC, because those are decent landing pages. Just check to see if thats ok to do that, as some companies do not want you bidding on brand names because it drives up their own costs.

RamonP23

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Apr 10, 2010
Thank you for your recommendations.

I was about to buy two domain names... But it was gonna be like $90 for both. Because I was gonna get it private and stuff, but i gues I'll just buy the simple domain names.

And how could I offer special offers to my customers?

Sparlin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 23, 2009
Wichita, Kansas
Honestly Ramon, I'm not so sure this is a great path. First, why do you have to pay them to promote their products? Second, the promotions are seemingly commonplace. I can guarantee that you will not get a domain like dishnetwork.com.

The only thing that comes to mind is to build a comparison website and contrasts the services. MAKE SURE TO READ the License Agreements to make sure this is not prohibited.

If you make a site that is more of a product review, you might have better traffic because you won't be just pushing a link. Provide valuable information. Post surveys from clients and ask what they like or dislike about each service. Make sure you are offering them some useful information so they'll click on your site. The more clicks, the better your rankings. Though I still think you are going to have a very tough time until you learn SEO and the importance of keywords.

I'm not trying to discourage you. I just think it sounds too much like a canned and unoriginal approach. In other words, you'll have too much competition. I'll digress to wiser and more experienced people on this matter.

Have you opened a clickbank account?

EastWind

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Oct 31, 2009
USA
GARBAGE!

This and every reply on here is garbage. If I was a moderator, I would delete this thread. I think you are just spamming us with style and getting us to click your affiliate links. You have just being a member since April 2010.

No congrats on taking an action, if that's the case, I will send a congrats on you for skipping out on spending 30cents to supersize your meal.

This is fastlane to millions, I congratulate those who are walking and working towards the fastlane path. There is nothing about promoting satellite dish that says fastlane, especially when there are so many people doing it. BU HA! at $150 commission for every sign up! They already subsidize the cost of the dish and equipment and installation! How long do you reckon it will take for them to recover just that cost?

If you read the news, you will notice that more people are going to be turning off their satellite and cable, due to the high cost and the growth of the internet as an alternative media.

Worst of all, I believe you just got played! Out of $60. With that said, if you value your time, energy and money. Find something better to do!

Sparlin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 23, 2009
Wichita, Kansas
EastWind: Though I agree that this probably isn't the best path, bear in that you speak from life experience and age. Ramon is a college student and I respect that he is trying to figure it out a viable source of income. Most guys are just doing min. wage jobs at that phase in life. His taking action is commendable, but I also agree that running a mile in the wrong direction is much worse than taking one step in the right one.

Life experience will catch up with Ramon and he'll either figure out that he has to invest the time into learning the correct steps, or he won't learn and just waste his time. I wish I had the insight to try faster methods of income instead of just working in the campus cafeteria among my several other slowlane jobs. :)

wildambitions

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Aug 29, 2007
Southern NM
You can sign up to be an affiliate for these companies without having to buy into their websites. Every of their customers is already and automatically an affiliate for them. I am sure you have seen the commercials about each of your friends being $100 as their heads turn into Ben Franklin.

And yes it is a relatively high payout but it is a very saturated market. Do you know many people that do not have dish or directv? I also believe that EastWInd is correct in that they will soon be obsolete. Especially once the digital transition is complete.

Affiliate marketing is not a bad opportunity but it is not Fastlane. It is very second tier and a lot of work. It may be a viable place to begin if you have intentions of eventually developing your own product to have others sell for you.

wildambitions

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Aug 29, 2007
Southern NM
So do you recommend me to stop promoting them?
What I, or anyone but you "think" should not matter. If affiliate marketing is something that you think you would enjoy because it interests you and YOU feel this is an affordable opportunity for you to participate in, then you should try it.

Typically, someone has made money with it so for THEM it was a great opportunity. Can it be the same for you? Depends on what you have to be able to devote to it in order to make it work. The fact that you are a different person than that of the person who made that opportunity work for them simply means that to make it work for you, you need to find the right combination for YOU. It is impossible to do it exactly the same way.

Here is the big clue about ANY opportunity that you hear about or are exposed to: Pick one. Focus on it. Do not get distracted by other opportunities (opportunities are EVERYWHERE). And just "do it".

I can guarantee that you will find success in it somewhere. It may not be the type of success that you envisioned, but you will find success. You will have learned something that gets you just that closer to having the knowledge of all the little things that you do need in order to reach the level of success that you do envision.

RamonP23

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Apr 10, 2010
What I, or anyone but you "think" should not matter. If affiliate marketing is something that you think you would enjoy because it interests you and YOU feel this is an affordable opportunity for you to participate in, then you should try it.

Typically, someone has made money with it so for THEM it was a great opportunity. Can it be the same for you? Depends on what you have to be able to devote to it in order to make it work. The fact that you are a different person than that of the person who made that opportunity work for them simply means that to make it work for you, you need to find the right combination for YOU. It is impossible to do it exactly the same way.

Here is the big clue about ANY opportunity that you hear about or are exposed to: Pick one. Focus on it. Do not get distracted by other opportunities (opportunities are EVERYWHERE). And just "do it".

I can guarantee that you will find success in it somewhere. It may not be the type of success that you envisioned, but you will find success. You will have learned something that gets you just that closer to having the knowledge of all the little things that you do need in order to reach the level of success that you do envision.

Wow thank you for these words.

Yesterday I canceled my account with DirecTV already... So now I can focus in better things.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.