The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Advice on content writing business

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

katee7

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Nov 30, 2013
Hi. My background is in entomology /insect science and agricultural science. Am considering to set up a content writing and digital marketing service targeted toward the pest control niche. I have no experience in video marketing or digital marketing however, so would need to outsource these functions. Does anyone have any experience in this niche or would like to share their experience of running a similar business ? Particularly with a very tight budget as I have at the moment. Thanks.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GigMistress

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
294%
Nov 19, 2019
A cornfield in the Midwest
Rather than giving yourself all of those moving pieces to manage out of the gate, I'd start out offering the service you're going to offer and then add outsources services to your menu as you develop client relationships and find out what additional services they're most interested in.

Your niche expertise will give you an edge in cultivating a client base, and the work you do for them writing will build trust that will incline them to consider your additional services when the time is right. Writing is the gateway content marketing type for the vast majority of clients, anyway, and it often takes a bit of confidence building before they want to expand into other areas.

If you have a great client come alone early in the game who is ready for an additional service, you can use that as a testing ground.

Ultimately, expanding services and outsourcing will allow you to make more money and to make money more passively, but if this is all new to you, it's virtually guaranteed that the recruiting of providers, oversight, sales, scheduling, invoicing, paying contractors, etc. will be a bigger job than you're anticipating (particularly if you're doing it all while creating content yourself), and it doesn't sound like you have the resources to pay someone just yet. Taking a modular approach to building out your services will allow you to get your feet wet, build some reputation, and generate some revenue to give you more flexibility in terms of hiring before you overcommit.

MattR82

Platinum Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
Team up with someone that can help you make them seo optimised pieces. I can recommend @GoodluckChuck

katee7

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Nov 30, 2013
Rather than giving yourself all of those moving pieces to manage out of the gate, I'd start out offering the service you're going to offer and then add outsources services to your menu as you develop client relationships and find out what additional services they're most interested in.

Your niche expertise will give you an edge in cultivating a client base, and the work you do for them writing will build trust that will incline them to consider your additional services when the time is right. Writing is the gateway content marketing type for the vast majority of clients, anyway, and it often takes a bit of confidence building before they want to expand into other areas.

If you have a great client come alone early in the game who is ready for an additional service, you can use that as a testing ground.

Ultimately, expanding services and outsourcing will allow you to make more money and to make money more passively, but if this is all new to you, it's virtually guaranteed that the recruiting of providers, oversight, sales, scheduling, invoicing, paying contractors, etc. will be a bigger job than you're anticipating (particularly if you're doing it all while creating content yourself), and it doesn't sound like you have the resources to pay someone just yet. Taking a modular approach to building out your services will allow you to get your feet wet, build some reputation, and generate some revenue to give you more flexibility in terms of hiring before you overcommit.

Thanks for the detailed answer, very concise and much appreciated. Definitely makes sense to do things in a more modular way. I had someone offer to partner with me so I could perhaps look into this as well.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GigMistress

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
294%
Nov 19, 2019
A cornfield in the Midwest
Team up with someone that can help you make them seo optimised pieces. I can recommend @GoodluckChuck

Ultimately, if you're going to be writing, it's in your best interest to learn how to do this yourself. It's not hard and can quickly become a natural part of the writing process, and for some clients it definitely increases perceived value.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.