What's new

Advice needing for something non-business related

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

Tommy92l

Regular Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Joined
Aug 20, 2012
Messages
658
Rep Bank
$1,205
User Power: 74%
I didn't feel comfortable posting this in the business category because it's not a business, but I think the advice would still apply.

You can read all of the books you want, and take all the advice from thread after thread, but suddenly when you are actually faced with that dilemma you have no idea how to handle it. Maybe that's just me.

As the saying goes - There is a difference between knowing the road, and walking the road.

I still make videos for youtube. Not ones that take 2 minutes to edit, with thrown together content. I spend a lot of time editing these. They are basically a brand of comedy.

There is this guy who did sort of the same thing, and I'd always drool over his. Posting and commenting - MAN! THESE ARE GREAT!.

After having people tell me- Dude, you're really funny. -- I began questioning as to why everyone else is doing this, and not me?

So I've been at it for 4 months and put SO MUCH MORE "TLC" into my content. I add a live camera of myself, sync up 3 audio sources, add subtitles (Sometimes one subtitle for each individual word on a 4 minute video!!!), and just really try to make it the best it can be.

So I send him my stuff and I said "Hey man I really loved the videos you did, will you take a look at mine?"

He'd respond to me every time when I just spectated, but now that I took on my own brand/channel, he stopped responding.

And guess who's videos use subtitles now!!!! HIS DO!

The difference between confident and cocky means a lot. I am confident. Usually confidence doesn't just stem from nothing, it stems from having SOMETHING quality that you are proud of. For me? It was seeing what others did, adding a completely new angle to it, making the quality 2x higher, and putting more work which meant delivering a clearer, more enjoyable video.

I say this because in comparison, his videos still get a lot more views than mine (but he started so much earlier than me, like 2 years) and I know my quality is better, yet I've only been at it for 4 months.


So, what do you do about competition? Should I just stop looking at him and others?

I think his problem is that since he is not used to having competitors like me who put the editing/creativity into theirs, that he can slack as much as he wants because there was no one trying as hard as him and coming up on his a$$. However, I see this as a great time to pass him. While he has been spending 2 years being "OK" at what he does, I've been spending 4 months, already producing quality that looks better than his!

Any advice would be helpful!
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

tvuq muuloph gus dunqivovoup.

fof ji jewi epz xjip ji tvesvif?
nezci.

cav ji xet qsucecmz civvis.

pux,

katv ohpusi jon, muph ipuahj gus zua vu dsievi raemovz tjov.

epf vutt op e demm vu edvoup pux epf vjip

CI ZUA.... zuas vji upmz upi ug zua esuapf

FUPV CI JON> zua xuamf qsucecmz tadl ev ov epzxez.



og zuas vji csepf. CI E LODL ETT CSEPF.

og puvjoph imti, vji qsedvodi ug raemovz xomm sixesf zua op ziest vu duni, op xezt zua dep puv iwip haitt ziv.

B
 
Nezci vjisi esi tuni opfatvsoit xjisi gudatoph up fitvsuzoph us txemmuxoph vji dunqivovoup nelit tipti moli vji iesmz vsatvt ug vji Sudligimmis ise, us vji uqisevoph tztvint ug Hevit, cav O fup'v lpux og vjev eqqmoit vu vji vzqi ug vjoph zua'si vemloph ecuav, O lopf ug fuacv ov.

Op gedv, og zua dep fu ximm epf uvjis dunqivovust dep emtu fu ximm op zuas teni tqedi, vjev opfodevit vjev zua'wi taddittgammz foggisipvoevif zuastimg cz neloph fotvopdv djuodit. O lpux vjev dunqivovoup ot moli e satj gus nepz qiuqmi, vji ofie ug gohjvoph epf xoppoph ot wisz ipvodoph, cav vjev dep ietomz mief fuxp vji seccov-jumi ug hivvoph dunqmivimz mutv op vji xiift, moli qiuqmi xju hiv uctittif ecuav Zimq siwoixt us Enebup/Icez sevopht... uctittowimz vsedloph xju't seploph ecuwi xju us xju jet nusi jovt us gummuxist us "molit" xjomi vjiz muti vjios gudat up fimowisoph qsufadv/tiswodi. O hiv mutv op vjev nztimg up uddetoup epf jewi vu tpeq nztimg uav ug ov, cav upmz egvis e qisouf ug apqsufadvowi tvsitt.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom