The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Advice From 50 Year Old-Self to 20 year Old Self

Anything related to matters of the mind

ToonMike

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Jan 8, 2013
Haha no I'm not 50, but I'm going to quote another post from a different website. I found this post really cool:

-----

Well guys, I hit 50 years old this year.
I have had good years and not good years. But if I had the opportunity to go back and talk to 20 year old me, and have 20 year old me listen, this is what I would say:

-Figure out early what is important; you cannot do this early enough
-Don’t spend so much money on liquor. I could have bought a brand new SUV by now
-Pick a few things and do them well and stick with them, quit chasing random crap
-Select a career you love regardless of the money, cause you never know when you will be kicked to the curb, unless you want to be self-employed.
-You treat people like crap, you will get treated like crap. Expect it, and no cryin
-Eat right.
-What’s outside (aesthetic) is important, but what’s more important is who you are inside (no whiteknight, just reality, deal with it)
-Insecure people always have to have someone/something else to blame. Don’t be that guy.

(More later, and BTW no amount of rage on your part will change the validity of my words):

(link to thread is here: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154202581&page=4

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Lorenstone

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Nov 7, 2013
Minnesota
I've spent so long wishing I could go back in time and give my past self advice, I've figured:

Why not just do it?

Why not just take a moment, imagine where my current road ends, and have that me lecture me on what I should be doing instead.

Gotta go. Future me just appeared and told me to stop watching the forum and get my tuckus back to work.

Spartan

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Mar 3, 2014
This is great stuff for me being 18. It puts the value of time in true perspective. Especially in college where there are TONS of people making the exact same mistakes others have made just because they are living for instantaneous gratification. I will take advantage of the now to the best of my ability, so I don't have to look back and say, "I wish I did it all differently".

I guess I should be thinking, "What can I honestly achieve by the time I'm 20".

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.