The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Advice for Determining Business Feasibility

ModernMale

PARKED
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Sep 12, 2019
Australia
Hi guys,

I'm currently looking at starting a business involving medical tourism (mainly plastic surgery) for Australian clients to South Korea.

There is a big medical tourism market in Australia (relative to population), though currently most go to Thailand due to cheaper cost. South Korea has a booming medical tourism market which Australians do not use due to the absence of a medical tourism agency and flight expenses.

However, in 2020 Jet Star (one of Australia's largest domestic carriers) is planning on setting up a cheap direct flight from Gold Coast to Seoul (about $500 Australian return)

I have the networks/contacts to set up the business in both Australia and Korea, but am unsure whether the business will be economically feasible.

While South Korea has some of the best medical facilities in the world (far better than here and in Thailand, our main competitor) I am unsure that will be enough demand - this is because the price for the surgery is comparable to those in Australia.

Any thoughts/suggestions would be extremely helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Rawseed

Legendary Lurker
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Mar 1, 2018
Atlanta, GA
Consider setting up a landing page and running traffic to it.

You need to create what Demarco calls a value skew that encourages Australians to pay the extra $500 it cost to fly to South Korea.

Read Unscripted.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom