As I'm developing my website, some questions I am still wrestling with are:
How much money can a site with modest traffic actually bring in from advertising revenue?
How much traffic do you need in order to generate a reasonable income from ads alone?
I'm currently leaning toward a mostly subscription-based model, with ad revenue secondary. If instead I make the content free, could the additional traffic (and corresponding ad revenue) make up for the foregone subscription revenue?
I tend to think not, but maybe someone can shed some light on the numbers needed. How much more traffic/ad clicks would I need to offset say, $19/month?
How much money can a site with modest traffic actually bring in from advertising revenue?
How much traffic do you need in order to generate a reasonable income from ads alone?
I'm currently leaning toward a mostly subscription-based model, with ad revenue secondary. If instead I make the content free, could the additional traffic (and corresponding ad revenue) make up for the foregone subscription revenue?
I tend to think not, but maybe someone can shed some light on the numbers needed. How much more traffic/ad clicks would I need to offset say, $19/month?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
