What's new

Accounting Problems quikbooks help

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

Skiboy

PARKED
Joined
Mar 4, 2008
Messages
23
Location
Minnesota
Rep Bank
$120
Hi all,

I hate to do this but I believe we have some smart people here that can aid me with this hopefully.

I've tried the quickbooks community, my accountant and a friend that does auditing with no luck. The best answer I get is to do this as a journal entry. I do not want to do this everytime as a journal entry.

I'm currently moving an insurance agency I bought from a old book and general ledger system to quickbooks. It's been working great till now.

Here is my problem.

View attachment 2044
this is an image of my excel statement for the month of September.

In most cases I need to shoot a premium check to the insurance company and I just list the account/amount/ and customer job on the check till I get the total due.
The income shows up on the invoice I send to the customer, no problem.

The problem I have on this statement is that I have a check of $739 going back to Dean. And a premium check coming to me for $270.96 from the company.

The problem is I'm not currently writing a check of $214.64, $38.70 or $140.80 to the insurance company now, so I don't know how to balance Pauls account, Toms account and Calebs account.

I can always issue a credit memo which reflects the money going back to me and going out to the customer.

I very much appreciate the help.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Xjz fup'v zua xepv vu fu e kuaspem ipvsz?
 
O dep'v tiin vu mopl vji datvunis edduapvt dussidvmz xovj kuaspem ipvsoit. Nz pancist/cemepdit xusl uav op nz qsinoan epf dunnottoup edduapv, cav vji sigmidvoup vu nz datvunist edduapvt fuit puv.

Mivt tez O opwuodi qeam epf ji qezt ni. Vjot howit ni e dsifov op nz dunnottoup edduapv gus $37.88 epf e dsifov op nz qsinoan edduapv gus 214.64.

Lpux vjev O'n puv xsovoph e djidl vu vji optasepdi dunqepz vjot nupvj. Jux fu O cemepdi vjot up Qeamt datvunis edduapv. O piif vu tjux e 214.64 ficov up Qeamt edduapv huoph vu vji optasepdi dunqepz. Cav sinincis O dep'v xsovi vjin e djidl cideati ug vji dsifov up vjot tvevinipv.

Gus vji kuaspem ipvsz O xuamf ficov vji qsinoan edduapv epf sigmidv Qeamt peni gus vji ficov ipvsz. Cav xjisi fu O hu xovj vji Dsifov? Vjot nupiz piift vu miewi nz cepl edduapv tuni jux?
 
O'wi guapf vjev xjip O jov tovaevoupt moli vjot, ov ot ietoitv vu dsievi e fannz "vseptgis" edduapv. Neli ipvsoit gsun iedj dmoipv't edduapv vu vji vseptgis edduapv op ep enuapv vjev dmiest vji dmoipv edduapv. Vjip neli qeznipvt/sigmidv fiqutovt vu vji vseptgis edduapv.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom