The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Accountant recommendations for internet tech startup?

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
Go to odesk and hire a bookkeeper.

JaySoriano

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Aug 10, 2012
Go to odesk and hire a bookkeeper.

Recommend hiring inside of the US (more familiar with tax code)? Or are off shore accountants just as knowledgeable?

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012
To me it depends upon how much money we are talking.

If you are just getting started but have investors giving you tens of thousands of dollars, hire a local guy/woman you can go meet face to face with. Or if you are putting in tens of thousands of dollars.

If you are just putting up a few hundred or a few thousand, wait until Dec 31st and see if you actually made any money. Then go see a local person around Jan 15th.

Are we possibly putting the cart before the horse being concerned about an accountant and a book keeper before we have really gotten going?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
I'd do Quickbooks, for sure. I wouldn't want someone I've never met and that I don't trust have access to my books, accounts, etc.

Mark Cuban had his book keeper steal $75,000 of his money (the ONLY money he had in the world at that time) and that person worked in his office. Do you really want to take that risk overseas?

get Quickbooks, it's under $200, you'll learn it yourself, and when you have the cash flow and NEED for a book keeper, hire then. And I'd hire locally.

JaySoriano

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Aug 10, 2012
Thanks guys, excellent advice!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics