The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Accountability

Anything related to matters of the mind

ji1029

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
Jul 8, 2021
Hi everyone, this is my second post here. I read TMF back in Summer of 21 and it impacted me greatly. I had left my job that was very unhappy doing at the time. I'm now back at home, starting over. I just finished a semester at a university working towards a computer science degree. If all goes well I'll be done at the end of this year. The reason for the post is, I feel like I've been an action faker. In the summer I was hyped, felt motivated and was ready to risk it all. But now going back to school I feel like I took the easy route again, and am comfortable with the idea of getting a degree and calling it a day. The dread of knowing that my life is kind of already mapped out if and when I get my degree is depressing, and sad to me. The magic of MJs writing implanted in me this wild notion that truly I can achieve my wildest dreams if I apply the frameworks. But now I just doing know, I feel like I'm falling into that rut again.

I don't mean for this to be negative at all, I'm just trying to be honest with myself and the forum. This place is incredible, and filled with so many fearless human beings who are committed to making IT happen. I just felt like reaching out to the forum, maybe I'm looking for false advice. Maybe I'm looking for sincere advice, I don't know. I do know one thing, I still drive by my dream home often just north of where I live. Imagining, trying to visualize what it would take to get there. I just have a lot of haze clouding my path.

Anyways, I hope everyone is doing well, happy new year to all.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MaxT

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Oct 22, 2020
France
Hi everyone, this is my second post here. I read TMF back in Summer of 21 and it impacted me greatly. I had left my job that was very unhappy doing at the time. I'm now back at home, starting over. I just finished a semester at a university working towards a computer science degree. If all goes well I'll be done at the end of this year. The reason for the post is, I feel like I've been an action faker. In the summer I was hyped, felt motivated and was ready to risk it all. But now going back to school I feel like I took the easy route again, and am comfortable with the idea of getting a degree and calling it a day. The dread of knowing that my life is kind of already mapped out if and when I get my degree is depressing, and sad to me. The magic of MJs writing implanted in me this wild notion that truly I can achieve my wildest dreams if I apply the frameworks. But now I just doing know, I feel like I'm falling into that rut again.

I don't mean for this to be negative at all, I'm just trying to be honest with myself and the forum. This place is incredible, and filled with so many fearless human beings who are committed to making IT happen. I just felt like reaching out to the forum, maybe I'm looking for false advice. Maybe I'm looking for sincere advice, I don't know. I do know one thing, I still drive by my dream home often just north of where I live. Imagining, trying to visualize what it would take to get there. I just have a lot of haze clouding my path.

Hello and welcome to you,
don't worry if you made that choice there is nothing wrong with that my brother.
Especially since you're going to have a computer science degree, it's still a hell of a way out.
When you get your diploma, you can either work for a company, and believe me that there is work all over the world with good pay all the same.
Or, you can start YOUR business, or freelance yourself and sell your own designs.
For my part, I chose the second path, it took me a while, but today I live on my own projects, and every month I can put aside.
So know that it is possible, whether you are alone or with employees.
Take the time to train yourself as much as possible in the path that you like, and get started.
Good luck to you, I wish you every success my friend.
Maxime

D

DeletedUser84644

Nonsense. You did not take the easy way out. You need to have a slow lane first before you can have a fastlane unless you are perfectly ok with living with your parents until you're 40. And also, risk without a crystal clear sense of what you're doing is always foolish. Always make sure that the risks you take are well calculated.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.