The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

According to Bill Gates, he and Warren Buffet have the same favorite business book...

For any book discussion

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
749%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
Explanation:

Edit of the edit: Link is back:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...s2&tag=orim201407d-20&linkId=QUWPNAMJCPV5FWW3

Bill Gates confirmed, this is the legit version. Here's a free chapter:

http://www.gatesnotes.com/Books/Bus...k_WallStreetJournal&WT.tsrc=WallStreetJournal

Also note, I get nothing for promoting this book except turning other fastlaners on to great reading material.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Dark Water

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
238%
Mar 25, 2014
I saw this a few days ago and I was skeptical of it. After I heard in the news that they read the same book, this ebook was published a few days later. This was sometime last week. Now it says published September 9, 2014.

If this is indeed the actual text, then it definitely seems like a worthy purchase. As far as I know, the paper version is out of print. Why was it only just put into Kindle format after the tie was made in the news between Gates and Buffet?

Edit: So I guess it was released July 8 as an ebook, before Gates made his opinion public in the Wall Street Journal on July 12. September is when the paper back is being re-released. Just thought I'd do some due diligence on what may have been a shady rip off. Still not sure.

Here's what one Amazon comment says about the content: "It contains 12 chapters regarding various businesses (Xerox, Edsel/Ford, General Electric, Piggly Wiggly, Texas Gulf Sulphur, the 1962 Stock Market crash, Mr. David E. Lilienthal, the British Sterling Pound currency, and more) as they succeeded or failed to expand on some budding side-line in their company."

Last edited:

RHL

EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
749%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
@Choate I was not aware of that and have removed the Amazon link. Still might be worth keeping an eye out for at charity book sales or salvo or something. That's how I got my copy of TMF , and that changed my life.

Dark Water

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
238%
Mar 25, 2014
@Choate I was not aware of that and have removed the Amazon link. Still might be worth keeping an eye out for at charity book sales or salvo or something. That's how I got my copy of TMF , and that changed my life.

Yeah man I'm just not sure, how did they obtain the original text is what I'm wondering, and it all just seems coincidental. Potential that an INSIDERS at WSJ with access to that publishing company put the book out before they published Gates comments, or even just some random joe schmoe did it. Or maybe its legit, I'm not sure. Definitely worth keeping an eye out for the original version.

RHL

EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
749%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
I double checked, the Amazon print is linked on Gates own website and a free chapter has been added to the OP, so I think it's definitely legit.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
448%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I'm going to guess it's an old book out of copyright. Therefore anyone can publish it.

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto
might have to pick this up.

so much stuff to read these days. I read 1 book for every time I buy 4.

RHL

EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
749%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ

Please SEARCH before posting.