The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Able to proceed or walk away? (Legal)

2dads

The snozzberries taste like snozzberries!
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
May 27, 2021
BRISBANE, Australia
I have an idea in regards to generating current lists of electrcians in my state, I am a sales representative and want to speed up the process and learn python.

These lists could be valuable to me and others, as they are up to date - however I was greeted with the below message when I jumped into the site.

Can I scrap this info, I doubt with the way it is worded it would be possible.

Should I walk away and find another way to source current electrical contractors details?

Thanks in advance

John

Screenshot_20210621-104426_Chrome.jpg

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Noo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Apr 21, 2018
Check if they have an API first. That's the first step.

Red

Nigerian Lottery Prince
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Feb 23, 2010
Phoenix
This is a simple moral question. You know you're violating the user agreement if you do what you want & are asking us if we think that's okay. Your conscience is obviously chiming in here, otherwise this post wouldn't exist.

Where is your line of ethics that you're going to draw in your business? Only you get to decide that (and, well... if you draw the line poorly enough, sometimes government entities or litigating attorneys step in & draw it for you, haha).

Noo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Apr 21, 2018
You first do what every developer do.
APIs, developer licenses,etc.

It appears you only have access to the information on that list.
The permissions you have as a developer might be different in some cases from the ones you have as a consumer. The responsibilities are always different, and you need to agree with their terms, etc.
One example is twitter, where even different developers have different responsibilities and need to explicitly say why they need the information.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.