The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

A swiss guy

cottseba

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Dec 18, 2018
Hi guys,

My name is Sebastien, almost 39 years and I leave in Switzerland. My first language is french so please be indulgent with my english :) I am married and father of a little boy of 2 years. Any other Swiss people here?

I am an IT ingineer since around 15 years, specialized in java development. "Luckily" for me in Switzerland it's a good job that pays well and allows me to make test without taking too many risks. But it takes 43 hours a week away from my little family and I don't want it anymore as you can imagine.

I just finished to read TMF and really loved this book. I also read some other books like Reach Dad Poor Dad (and really loved it...) and also the 4 hour work week, which opened my eyes as it was the first book I read about being independant.

I tried several ways to make money online, my first website was an affiliate site with amazon, but it was a failure because I had no idea about marketing. Then I learned a lot of things about that. My second website was a dropshipping store that I bought on exchange.shopify for $3000. I made some little money but really not a lot, not sure I understood why but I had the opportunity to sell this store several months later for $7000 so I did it and bought a new one for $3000 which was a flop and cost me more than I was able to earn so I stopped everything to take a little break.

In parallel with that, I received some money from an inheritance and I decided to train myself to invest this money intelligently, and last year I was able to buy 3 apartments in my area, with a gross return of more than 17%.

Being an IT professional, I always thought the web was for me and that's where I could make money. But this world is fierce and much more complicated than I knew. On the other hand I realize that real estate is very suitable for me and I would like to dive deeper into it. The problem is that it takes time and it takes a lot of money in the beginning to buy apartments.

Now I just saw this post 5yrs later, at 33 I've got a multi million dollar business and I'm waiting the answers to see if I can make money faster. For yet my objective is to leave 100% of passive income from real estate and to retire at 45 to leave my life as I want and to see my boy growing. If I stick to my plan it will be done, but if I can get there faster, why not :)

Cheers and see you guys!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...